I want to go to Jets games this year

On 6/11/2020 at 4:14 PM, talisaynon said:

https://www.iol.co.za/capetimes/news/dogs-trained-to-detect-people-with-covid-19-49252203

Some good news though. Dogs are 95% effective in sniffing out Covid..

You know I see stuff like this and it blows my mind. The skeptic in me always wants to say it is fake.

But I actually saw this in my own house. My wife has a little lap dog, a toy poodle. If Lauren is watching TV or wherever she is in the house this dog is by her side. When Lauren leaves the dog waits by the door for her even when others are home.

Right after Lauren was diagnosed with cancer the first time the dog freaked out. Wouldn't sit by her was visibly upset for awhile. If she was near where the cancer was the dog would get up and move.

In a way it made us laugh. We knew Lauren had cancer and her surgery was coming soon. Seeing this reaction from an animal made me realize these kind of things are very real.

16 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I hope you’re right that it goes away soon but I don’t see it happening. 

Scientists change their mind as they see the data and this isn’t something that has been around for a while.  NJ has had a pretty strict lockdown but the numbers have improved but in other areas it’s different.  

I don’t see how they allow 80,000 fans into a stadium this year.  Not even sure they allow 10,000.  The biggest problem is people hear there are gatherings allowed or 50 or 100 people but forget that they need to social distance and/or wear a mask.  

80,000 isn't happening. 

10,000 would be wild. I have been in that stadium many times, as I know you have, when only 10,000 people were left.

We have always been called the dumb ones.

Now I want to be back there and be called the chosen few.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

You know I see stuff like this and it blows my mind. The skeptic in me always wants to say it is fake.

But I actually saw this in my own house. My wife has a little lap dog, a toy poodle. If Lauren is watching TV or wherever she is in the house this dog is by her side. When Lauren leaves the dog waits by the door for her even when others are home.

Right after Lauren was diagnosed with cancer the first time the dog freaked out. Wouldn't sit by her was visibly upset for awhile. If she was near where the cancer was the dog would get up and move.

In a way it made us laugh. We knew Lauren had cancer and her surgery was coming soon. Seeing this reaction from an animal made me realize these kind of things are very real.

Yea dogs can sniff out different forms of cancer 

22 hours ago, Maxman said:

80,000 isn't happening. 

10,000 would be wild. I have been in that stadium many times, as I know you have, when only 10,000 people were left.

We have always been called the dumb ones.

Now I want to be back there and be called the chosen few.  :)

The chosen few.  I like that lol.  Definitely been some awful games over the years with very few fans.  The worst had to be the Jets Oilers game back in 1996.  

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier today who also has season tickets.  I told him my gut is no fans for preseason at all especially with rumors of reducing preseason games from four to two and that regular season I’m not optimistic but who knows these days.  His response “preseason is easy to social distance.  No one ever attends those games.”   

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

The chosen few.  I like that lol.  Definitely been some awful games over the years with very few fans.  The worst had to be the Jets Oilers game back in 1996.  

I was talking to a friend of mine earlier today who also has season tickets.  I told him my gut is no fans for preseason at all especially with rumors of reducing preseason games from four to two and that regular season I’m not optimistic but who knows these days.  His response “preseason is easy to social distance.  No one ever attends those games.”   

With the Jets still not billing people I don't think they expect a full season with full fans. I have a contractor coming over Monday to extend my deck and put down some pavers for us. I am using the money I had set aside for Jets tickets. So if they start billing again it is going to leave a mark for me.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is not the kind of news you want to see for those who want to go to games next season.

Hate to say it but I don’t see how they have a season or at least not delayed. 

With the NBA a mess and not being able to figure their season out. NFLs attempt won’t be much better. And they’re supposed to start camp in a month or so? Pffffffft 

25 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Hate to say it but I don’t see how they have a season or at least not delayed. 

With the NBA a mess and not being able to figure their season out. NFLs attempt won’t be much better. And they’re supposed to start camp in a month or so? Pffffffft 

I was just about to bring up TC.

Sitting here today, I don’t see it happening on time. Then we will see the NFL join the other sports kicking this can down the road, hoping to figure out a way to get a season started.

On another note, the NBA and NHL would’ve been better off following the NCAAs lead and just canceling their seasons. Now they’re going to find themselves in the same mess MLB is in trying to get the players to agree to a plan to return. We’re mid June now. The ‘20 seasons start in October for those two sports, and they’re still trying to find a way to finish ‘19 up?

Just forget it, enough already.

On 6/14/2020 at 1:59 AM, Maxman said:

With the Jets still not billing people I don't think they expect a full season with full fans. I have a contractor coming over Monday to extend my deck and put down some pavers for us. I am using the money I had set aside for Jets tickets. So if they start billing again it is going to leave a mark for me.

Until very recently, I thought the NFL had gotten very lucky with when their season starts. Back during the draft, I thought for sure we’d have a season.

Your post about the team not billing season tix yet, and my being up north again, and seeing what’s going on here first hand, has me thinking we might not see football until November, if at all.

we will all miss it, but it just seems too much to pull off right now. Is it even worth trying, and putting so many people at risk?

25 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Until very recently, I thought the NFL had gotten very lucky with when their season starts. Back during the draft, I thought for sure we’d have a season.

Your post about the team not billing season tix yet, and my being up north again, and seeing what’s going on here first hand, has me thinking we might not see football until November, if at all.

we will all miss it, but it just seems too much to pull off right now. Is it even worth trying, and putting so many people at risk?

The season can happen if they approach it with extreme caution. The PGA tour successfully returned yesterday and I believe they tested like 1200 people including 150 players roughly to return and NO FANS. If the NFL can control their greed and start with no fans and gradually ramp up to maybe 25% capacity there is no reason the season cannot happen.

• Upvote 1

The good news is that after 3 days of increasing cases, there have been 2 days of decreasing cases (with the 2nd day of decrease to be reported later today on the CDC site). And the death rate continues to decline. This is despite the ongoing throngs of protesters, beach crowding, etc. I still think there is a good chance of fans in the stands for NFL games. And that might even include opening day. It all depends on whether the new cases and deaths continue their downward trend through July and August.

On 6/15/2020 at 1:21 PM, 14 in Green said:

I was just about to bring up TC.

Sitting here today, I don’t see it happening on time. Then we will see the NFL join the other sports kicking this can down the road, hoping to figure out a way to get a season started.

On another note, the NBA and NHL would’ve been better off following the NCAAs lead and just canceling their seasons. Now they’re going to find themselves in the same mess MLB is in trying to get the players to agree to a plan to return. We’re mid June now. The ‘20 seasons start in October for those two sports, and they’re still trying to find a way to finish ‘19 up?

Just forget it, enough already.

Yep.  We're at the point where even if the NBA and NHL were to start back soon, it would have a negative impact on NEXT season (either pushing 2020-21 seasons back OR impacting the quality of play early on in those seasons).  

Any team that wins an NBA or NHL title this year will be viewed as an asterisk title anyways.  No one will consider those winners to be fully legit.  

• Upvote 1

On 6/15/2020 at 1:55 PM, johnnysd said:

The season can happen if they approach it with extreme caution. The PGA tour successfully returned yesterday and I believe they tested like 1200 people including 150 players roughly to return and NO FANS. If the NFL can control their greed and start with no fans and gradually ramp up to maybe 25% capacity there is no reason the season cannot happen.

Golf is so different though. 4 people in a group when playing in most public courses, 3 in a pro tournament. Very easy to maintain social distancing.

Courses were open in most places, even at the height of this pandemic. Albeit with very minor changes such as either no carts or one person per. No rakes, keeping the flag stick in, and a styrofoam insert in the cup to make sure people could remove thei ball without touching the bottom or sides.

Down south, we were playing this way throughout the last few months, and I can say that since I came up to NY 10 days ago, it’s nearly impossible to get a tee time on Long Island. The courses are packed like every day is Saturday at Bethpage Park (Torrey Pines to you Cali guys). 

I felt lucky to get a 1230 tee time tomorrow 40 miles away. This Spring/Summer season will probably produce record bookings... the golf course industry is booming with everyone working at home.