Mims calls Philadelphia a 'dirty-a--, trash-a-- city

Born and raised in NY and now have lived in PA since 1990. Based on my experiences in Philadelphia, I’ve got to say that MIms’ description is spot on, and a vast majority of PA residents whom I know have a similar opinion.

I’ve always said that Philadelphia is exactly like NYC, just smaller and without any of the good stuff.

18 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Glad to see your well again and in fighting form and protecting your guy.. Martin said that when he was drafted before Kotite's first season as the HC.. The point of the post was to contrast it to what Mim's said.. As far as Jordan goes I have never been for a 1 back gets all the carries fan.. I liked the Snell Boozer, Boozer Riggens, Freeman Hector conbo's better.. One of the best ever was Csonka,Kiick and mercury Morris combo's the fins had..

Thanks buddy, slowly getting better!

I thought Martin said it when Bill grabbed him.  Honestly though, who cares what he thought before he came here, its not an issue to me.  We sucked and if you don't particularly love the sport from a fan perspective why would you want to play here?  Like I said about Jumbo, there are a lot of "lunch pail" guys who play for the paycheck only.  To me, yeah I want my players loving the uniform but its no requirement.  Because when it comes down to it, I love all the players you mentioned but Curtis was better than all of them.  

No one can argue that for a guy who didnt love the game and for someone who at one time didnt prefer the Jets over another team, he left his body on the field for this team.  I cant think of anything more he could have done for the Jets or more someone else could have dont.  The guy was an absolute warrior for the Jets.  Thats something, along with his HOF  play, that should be celebrated.

19 hours ago, THE BARON said:

NYC low real estate tax, IF you can afford real estate there to begin with.  Manhattan Some of the highest $$$ on the planet.  Boroughs a different story. 

And I said real estate tax, different than the cost of the real estate.  It was in context of a comment about high real estate taxes in NJ, think I even mentioned my astronomical tax tab  

My fiend just sold his luxury, 5 bedroom home high up on Sutton place.  Millions to buy, taxes?  Who cares.  Put it this way, their HOA fees were $6,000 a month.  You know for the doorman whatever.  LOL, cant imagine, those are crazy numbers for a different tax bracket than I reside in.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And I said real estate tax, different than the cost of the real estate.  It was in context of a comment about high real estate taxes in NJ, think I even mentioned my astronomical tax tab  

My fiend just sold his luxury, 5 bedroom home high up on Sutton place.  Millions to buy, taxes?  Who cares.  Put it this way, their HOA fees were $6,000 a month.  You know for the doorman whatever.  LOL, cant imagine, those are crazy numbers for a different tax bracket than I reside in.  

I know all about it.  I own a home in Bergen County and my better half owns a home in Murray Hill, Manhattan.  My tax bill is cringeworthy.  

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I know all about it.  I own a home in Bergen County and my better half owns a home in Murray Hill, Manhattan.  My tax bill is cringeworthy.  

Feel for you.  Its sucks to pay out those tax checks.  

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

HAH!  That's a good one.....

Oh, wait......I think you were serious.

NYC, "The Greatest City In The World".  Thats its title, right?

And in a lot of ways it is.  Hard to bitch about the city, the excitement, money, influence that isnt found anywhere else.  

Sure as sit has its issues though, lol

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Feel for you.  Its sucks to pay out those tax checks.  

Thanks... If I didn't have all my family in the area and my job too, I'd have left NJ a long time ago...  At least it keeps me close to my beloved Jets,

• Sympathy 1

Hey Jet Nut, does your friend need any more friends? If so, I am free. I am not local, but your friend sounds like he should be able to spot me some plane tickets.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

Hey Jet Nut, does your friend need any more friends? If so, I am free. I am not local, but your friend sounds like he should be able to spot me some plane tickets.

Sent from my SM-G975U using JetNation.com mobile app

LOL, its strange having a friend with that much money.  A 5 bedroom, made from buying two units on 30th floor of a Sutton Place adress is another level altogether.  

He just came down to Florida, shopping for a home, hooked up with my wife who has her license and in one afternoon bought a $1,000,000 second home the way I buy a shirt.  Yeah, looks nice, I'll take it.  One day out, 2 houses and done.

Its nice to have money.  Especially that kind of money

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

NYC, "The Greatest City In The World".  Thats its title, right?

And in a lot of ways it is.  Hard to bitch about the city, the excitement, money, influence that isnt found anywhere else.  

Sure as sit has its issues though, lol

Yeah, gotta say, not a fan of the city.  Been to lots of American cities, but wasn't blown away by NY.

Then again, I am not a city guy anymore, so....:)

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yeah, gotta say, not a fan of the city.  Been to lots of American cities, but wasn't blown away by NY.

Then again, I am not a city guy anymore, so....:)

It’s not for everyone that’sfor sure

On 7/8/2020 at 1:04 PM, Savage69 said:

Curtis Martin never liked football, and he hated New York and the Jets. 

Curtis Martin remembers hating New York, and especially hating the Jets., the running back counted the Jets among the two teams in the NFL he would simply never play for.

“I wasn’t the biggest football fan to begin with, but if I was going to play, I didn’t want to play for what was in my mind the worst team, ever,”

https://www.nj.com/jets/2012/07/curtis_martin_never_liked_foot.html

Hmmmmmmm I see you are still working hard at your 

CURTIS MARTIN HATE!!!!!!!

Here ya go,,,,,,,

old man yells at cloud Blank Template - Imgflip

Now if I can only get you to change your biased opinion on "FLIM FLAM MAN" you will be a rehabilitated individual!  :) 

• Upvote 1

On 7/9/2020 at 5:36 AM, yocousinvinny said:

3 pages and no one mentions he was talking trash in a warzone lobby? He's 22 years old, playing an annoyingly competitive game, talking trash and someone recorded it. Wait till you hear how they talk to each other on the field. 

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

I think that was said earlier.