Still on DirecTV, about to make the annual call threatening to cancel!

As an out-of-towner I'm somewhat married to DTV for Sunday Ticket still (I know there are some other crappy quasi-legal streaming options but I prefer the trusted route).  Has anyone worked DirecTV this year to try to get their bill lowered?

I already have several discounts on my account ($25 off every month because I'm an AT&T Wireless customer, $15 of HBOMax, etc.) but they're charging me $48 per month for 6 payments for Sunday Ticket.  Total bill about $190-200 per month for 4 TVs, whole-home DVR, etc.  Wondering how amenable DTV is this year to negotiating that down?

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

As an out-of-towner I'm somewhat married to DTV for Sunday Ticket still (I know there are some other crappy quasi-legal streaming options but I prefer the trusted route).  Has anyone worked DirecTV this year to try to get their bill lowered?

I already have several discounts on my account ($25 off every month because I'm an AT&T Wireless customer, $15 of HBOMax, etc.) but they're charging me $48 per month for 6 payments for Sunday Ticket.  Total bill about $190-200 per month for 4 TVs, whole-home DVR, etc.  Wondering how amenable DTV is this year to negotiating that down?

I'm guessing they won't negotiate too much.  

• 2 weeks later...

The AT&T transition was completed a couple of years ago and now they are neither consumer-friendly nor reasonable with attempts at negotiation.   Those days are long gone, though I did squeeze it out of them a year ago, but it wasn't worth the effort or agony of the conversation. We will be hard wiring all rooms in the next couple of months and will be returning all their garbage equipment ASAP. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Dcat said:

The AT&T transition was completed a couple of years ago and now they are neither consumer-friendly nor reasonable with attempts at negotiation.   Those days are long gone, though I did squeeze it out of them a year ago, but it wasn't worth the effort or agony of the conversation. We will be hard wiring all rooms in the next couple of months and will be returning all their garbage equipment ASAP. 

I cut the cord, went through hulu.

Saved some money, don't miss it at all. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Subscribing through AT&T’s streaming app through Roku or AppleTV isn’t quasi-legal. It’s legal. 

For some reason, it’s not available in my area. So F them, streaming that ish. Not paying a dime for this crappy team. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2020 at 4:34 PM, jetstream23 said:

Tell them to go f^&* themselves.  You really, really are not missing much.