They suck you in year after year......

ganggreen305

Why do I get so excited every year for Jets football?  I was so pumped today and then the 1st quarter passed by and I was emotionally drained.  The Jets just suck the life out of you.  It’s over.  Sorry.  The watching Red Zone I am watching Adams all over the place (we had to trade him) and Robbie catching bombs in that game.  I’m so high on Darnold and these performances just kill that.  I watch all the offseason videos and was hyped for the season. (Just want to see decent, well coached football.). Today was a joke.  Gase sucks.  Team never looks prepared.  Just disgusted.  The Jets just slowly kill you man.  I’m just tired.  I think I’m going to dedicate my Sunday’s to just spending more time with the family and my son.  **** this.

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

Why do I get so excited every year for Jets football?  I was so pumped today and then the 1st quarter passed by and I was emotionally drained.  The Jets just suck the life out of you.  It’s over.  Sorry.  The watching Red Zone I am watching Adams all over the place (we had to trade him) and Robbie catching bombs in that game.  I’m so high on Darnold and these performances just kill that.  I watch all the offseason videos and was hyped for the season. (Just want to see decent, well coached football.). Today was a joke.  Gase sucks.  Team never looks prepared.  Just disgusted.  The Jets just slowly kill you man.  I’m just tired.  I think I’m going to dedicate my Sunday’s to just spending more time with the family and my son.  **** this.

The Jets were never going to be good this year.  They have too little weapons on the outside to run a functional offense. That being said the QB is the biggest issue.  Missing wide open receivers,  not checking out of runs when there were literally 8 guys in the box and man to man on the outside.  He is still playing like a rookie and making rookie mistakes.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

We would've lost with Adams and Robby on our team today still. Gase is a horrible coach and play caller. 100% his fault. Always is. We only lost by 10, and looked horrible, so if he could call a good game we'd have won.

• Upvote 1

I’m 32 and I root for the Mets, Jets, and Knicks. So I’ve never seen a title, on 2 World Series losses and 3 heart breaking title games, as well as an nba finals loss.

It’s being a fan, and a new season always springs hope. If this goes this way, if this bounces this way, if this guy steps up, we got something... rarely does it happen, but there is hope.

Next year, and the year after that, until it’s all over, I’ll still be there. They make it hard. But I keep telling myself at some point there will be a euphoric payoff. 

Just now, chirorob said:

I never thought they would be good this year.

They have low talent.

Seriously, don’t understand on how you can look at this team and think, oh maybe they can do something this year. 

Low talent, bad head coach, brutal travel schedule. The part that really sucks is number two could have helped mitigate how badly mediocre they will be this year. 

• Upvote 1

I don't know why people thought the Jets were going to be good this year.

Yes we added 4 new lineman, but Fant was a project the Seahawks gave up on, McGovern and GVR are good quality players but not great, and Alex Lewis was part of the problem last year. Becton could be a star but we'll see. He's a rookie.

Our O-Line went from awful to maybe average.

We traded our best player in Adams and although we got a great haul for him, none of it can help us in 2020.

And then on defense we signed Dessir to start at CB. A JAG for Indy who had some good and some bad moments. He was benched today lol.

We never addressed the pass rush situation. An incredibly important position. We could have traded for Yannik Ngakoue and/or signed Clowney. But why would we need pass rushers? For some reason we think we can just get by with Basham and Jenkinks. Both are JAGS who can't get to the QB.

So on defense we are average at best in coverage and can't get constant pressure on the QB. That's a recipe for disaster. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Seriously, don’t understand on how you can look at this team and think, oh maybe they can do something this year. 

Low talent, bad head coach, brutal travel schedule. The part that really sucks is number two could have helped mitigate how badly mediocre they will be this year. 

It's the perfect tank season.

Hopefully they find some assets to unload at the trade deadline. Can't imagine who though. Maybe Quinnen?