What has Joe Douglas done besides making the team worse?

hamat711

6 hours ago, hamat711 said:

He let Robbie Anderson go, and he is currently has the 4th most receiving yards in the NFL.

The best WR he was able to acquire was a career injury prone bust, Breshad Perriman. Perriman is now hurt.

Pierre Desir got benched in his first game.

Ryan Kalil was a disaster.

Quincy Wilson hasn't done anything.

Roten and McGovern have been underwhelming.

Fant is overpaid. Bradon Shell is currently playing better at a fraction of the price.

Kelechi Osemele was cut because he didn't want to play hurt. Now he is balling out on the Chiefs since he is now healthy.

Jamal Adams forced his way off the team because Joe Douglas lied about his contract. The Jets received good compensation, but they should have never been in that position.

Everybody he drafted is now hurt.

The Jets will be entering next offseason with the same holes they had last season. WR, CB, Pass rushers and O-line are still the weakest links of the Jets.

Eagles and Bears had awful draft classes when he was on their staff.

He handicapped his young QB and head coach with terrible skill player acquisitions.

Every move Joe Douglas has made so far has been a disaster or underwhelming besides for Becton who shows promise.

Do you guys really trust this man to set the franchise on the right track over the next 3-4 years?

We'd better! He's got 5 years more on his contract.

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I like Douglas and think he will do well for us, some of the critiques of the op are correct however.

This 100%...I really HOPE he will do well for us but he has to start putting a competitive roster together and show that he understands talent rather than simply creating the cap space to one day, sometime in the currently distant future, possibly maybe have a more talented, less-injured roster than we currently have today. If for no other reason than to give Gase zero excuse for this season.

Draft class written off after two games lmao.

Some spicy takes here. I think the Anderson loss was a debacle and he deserves criticism for not getting more talent at WR. LOL at blaming him for injuries though - Zuniga's the only guy where you could see that coming. 

Most of our issues are still far more Mac related than Douglas. 

• Upvote 1

The usual job of a new GM is the get the team better fast.  To do that you spend close to your cap.  This is what Mac did in 2015.  He was GM of the Year.  

So what does JD do to make the Jets as good as he could have quicker?

Sign Robby.  Don’t need Perriman. 

Sign one of the FA CBS.  

I would have to look at other players signed, but we need a RG now.  

Obviously keep Jamal and extend him.  

Maybe then Mosley plays. 

The Jets are now a better team.  They are still likely 0-2, but more competitive They win more games this year.  Darnold develops better. 

Maybe the Jets slow grow plan is better.  Maybe it’s not. 

• Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

This 100%...I really HOPE he will do well for us but he has to start putting a competitive roster together and show that he understands talent rather than simply creating the cap space to one day, sometime in the currently distant future, possibly maybe have a more talented, less-injured roster than we currently have today. If for no other reason than to give Gase zero excuse for this season.

The franchise is being undercut by ownership so it's impossible to really tell if this Gase/Douglas/Sexton marriage is just a ploy to collect a nice paycheck from the Johnson's with no expectations tied to the job. Coupled with half the team being hurt, the highest paid player tapping out to chase tail in Tuscaloosa...the problems are way deeper than just Gase. Everyone right now is stealing money and the owners dont seem to care. Mcdougalds comments on the Jets practice habits should have every season ticket holder giving up their tickets.

without hope you have nothing at all-jet fans me included have to have hope but there is no reason to believe we have the right gm-our roster is terrible and our coach is terrible and both got worse under his watch(who knew that was possible)

If I owned the Jets I would take the highest gm salary multiply it times 5 and hire Ozzie Newsome to run everything

Proven winners with a history of success is what this team needs

The only time as a fan I had hope is when the Jets brought in Parcells-right away went from 1-15 to  a 9 win team-jet fans are being told we have to wait years to be good that is nonsense

35 minutes ago, varjet said:

The usual job of a new GM is the get the team better fast.  To do that you spend close to your cap.  This is what Mac did in 2015.  He was GM of the Year.  

So what does JD do to make the Jets as good as he could have quicker?

Sign Robby.  Don’t need Perriman. 

Sign one of the FA CBS.  

I would have to look at other players signed, but we need a RG now.  

Obviously keep Jamal and extend him.  

Maybe then Mosley plays. 

The Jets are now a better team.  They are still likely 0-2, but more competitive They win more games this year.  Darnold develops better. 

Maybe the Jets slow grow plan is better.  Maybe it’s not. 

I'd've liked to've kept Robby, but he wanted to play for his college coach. The Jets had an offer on the table for him, and he chose not to take it.

Jamal Adams wanted off this loser franchise and would've strangled his own mother to get it done, there was no keeping & extending him unless JD paid him thru the nose - and JD does not seem like the GM who's gonna be resetting the SS market anytime soon (praise allah!). And even then, Adams still probably would've been a malcontented prick bitching the second someone got a dime more than him. 

Mosley never wanted to play for the Jets. Maccagnan just kept upping the money to come here until he agreed. Well, he took the money. Still has another $14M fully guaranteed coming thanks to Mac's incredible negotiating skills. He pocketed $10M this year to tell the team to piss off. Think he regrets that decision right now? I don't. 

The man did a lot of work on the OL and at WR. Hard to get a completely revamped OL up to speed without the benefit of a preseason. And I'm a guy who's always in favor of drafting WRs high -and JD did take one in the second round this year!- but I can't fault him too much when the Jets top four or five guys are out by the second quarter of their second game. 

I'm content with the slow build. It's more painful with Mims and Zuniga out and Perine limited, but building thru the draft is how you build a perpetual contender. 

• Upvote 1