What has Joe Douglas done besides making the team worse?

hamat711

He let Robbie Anderson go, and he is currently has the 4th most receiving yards in the NFL.

The best WR he was able to acquire was a career injury prone bust, Breshad Perriman. Perriman is now hurt.

Pierre Desir got benched in his first game.

Ryan Kalil was a disaster.

Quincy Wilson hasn't done anything.

Roten and McGovern have been underwhelming.

Fant is overpaid. Bradon Shell is currently playing better at a fraction of the price.

Kelechi Osemele was cut because he didn't want to play hurt. Now he is balling out on the Chiefs since he is now healthy.

Jamal Adams forced his way off the team because Joe Douglas lied about his contract. The Jets received good compensation, but they should have never been in that position.

Everybody he drafted is now hurt.

The Jets will be entering next offseason with the same holes they had last season. WR, CB, Pass rushers and O-line are still the weakest links of the Jets.

Eagles and Bears had awful draft classes when he was on their staff.

He handicapped his young QB and head coach with terrible skill player acquisitions.

Every move Joe Douglas has made so far has been a disaster or underwhelming besides for Becton who shows promise.

Do you guys really trust this man to set the franchise on the right track over the next 3-4 years?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 20

Right because we are supposed to turn over a completely talent deficient roster in one off season and all his FA pick ups and draft picks need to perform at all pro level out of the gate. Only then can we trust in JD.

Oh and the almighty future seer JD should have looked into his crystal ball and only drafted the players that aren't currently injured because he can like totally do that. Right?

What were you realistically expecting this season? Another mac attack FA spending bonanza to make us "competitive", which is the exact reason we're in this predicament in the first place.

• Upvote 3

Better question is what do you think he should have done better? Blow all the cap like Mac and Tanny for overpriced bandaid vets? Just to suck anyway. He inherited garbage

I was ok with not being good. I'm not ok with our team not looking like they're trying or ready to compete every week. Name another sh*tty team in the league the first two weeks who looked as unprepared or unengaged as our team. The problem is coaching. I see the Jags doing everything they can time in despite the intentional tank job. I see the Giants scrapping it out every game. Bengals and Browns played every snap hungry this week........... Name any team. They don't look like us and talent isn't being used as an excuse for being unprepared and checked out

• Upvote 3

From PFF:

Brandon Shell:  63.4 (Fant: 61, for much more money)

Robby Anderson: 71.7 (this was a colossal mistake)

Osemele: 54.4 (Lewis better at LG 85.7(!)).  Van Roten a problem at 56.1.

Letting Robby go was a terrible move.  Yes, he was not going to re-sign in FA, but we had all season last year to do it, when he would have agreed. 

13 minutes ago, varjet said:

From PFF:

Brandon Shell:  63.4 (Fant: 61, for much more money)

Robby Anderson: 71.7 (this was a colossal mistake)

Osemele: 54.4 (Lewis better at LG 85.7(!)).  Van Roten a problem at 56.1.

Letting Robby go was a terrible move.  Yes, he was not going to re-sign in FA, but we had all season last year to do it, when he would have agreed. 

He would've resigned if we paid him more then the Panthers did. Douglas ****ed up bad on this one. We better get that number one pick and grab Lawrence.

@hamat711 although I have some faith in JD this thing is reaching apocalyptic levels of bad at an appropriate time.

Most of us are rolling in it right now and most haven't learned to enjoy a sh--show the way I have. I'm honestly having fun with how cosmicly bad we are... it's hard to be this bad. Sure it bothers me on some level but on another level it's hilarious.

I truly commend and semi respect the attempt to kick us while we're down. I will make sure to return the favor when the opportunity arises.

P.S. "Wide Right" will always be funny.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

In his first draft, he likely found us a 10+ year cornerstone LT.

He flipped a glorified LB for 2 1st round picks, a 3rd and a starting safety.

He traded down and still landed Mims in the 2nd round, a guy many here would’ve taken in the 1st round had we traded Adams to Dallas earlier.

Get rid of Gase and let Douglas pick his own HC.

By all accounts Douglas is highly respected and well connected around the league. It shouldn’t be considered outlandish that he can lure a quality coach here with a sh*tload of draft picks in his back pocket and upwards of $100 million in cap space.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

53 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Holy Hell, it's like fckn 'Nam in here with these threads. The Jets section, I mean. No offense to any vets or anyone who was in 'Nam. My bio father was, just a figure of speech; but c'mon, now, do people post threads every time they have a passing thought? 

Apparently yes. 

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

Holy Hell, it's like fckn 'Nam in here with these threads. The Jets section, I mean. No offense to any vets or anyone who was in 'Nam. My bio father was, just a figure of speech; but c'mon, now, do people post threads every time they have a passing thought? 

I've asked the mods as was told to , basically, **** off.

There are probably 1k Gase threads, Sams for Jamal Adams...  but you, know...  i should STFU

11 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I've asked the mods as was told to , basically, **** off.

There are probably 1k Gase threads, Sams for Jamal Adams...  but you, know...  i should STFU

Clicks equal money man, who cares how many threads there are. The more threads, pointless or not, the better the board is doing. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

OR... Robbie didn't want to sign here as the report from mid season that "his bags were all but packed" stated.  Robbie hated Gase and Gase didn't like RA. This is not news.

Yet the Jets waited for him to sign because no one was giving him the money he wanted. There wasn't a single report about any team being interested in RA during FA. No one but the Jets and Panthers were willing to give RA anywhere near the money he was asking for. We had our offer on the table and waited. When he signed with the Panthers we signed Perriman an hour later.  Robbie didn't want to play for Gase. But keep blaming JD. 

2 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

He would've resigned if we paid him more then the Panthers did. Douglas ****ed up bad on this one. We better get that number one pick and grab Lawrence.

OR... Robbie didn't want to sign here as the report from mid season that "his bags were all but packed" stated.  Robbie hated Gase and Gase didn't like RA. This is not news.

Yet the Jets waited for him to sign because no one was giving him the money he wanted. There wasn't a single report about any team being interested in RA during FA. No one but the Jets and Panthers were willing to give RA anywhere near the money he was asking for. We had our offer on the table and waited. When he signed with the Panthers we signed Perriman an hour later.  Robbie didn't want to play for Gase. But keep blaming JD. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, hamat711 said:

He let Robbie Anderson go, and he is currently has the 4th most receiving yards in the NFL.

The best WR he was able to acquire was a career injury prone bust, Breshad Perriman. Perriman is now hurt.

Fant is overpaid. Bradon Shell is currently playing better at a fraction of the price.

Kelechi Osemele was cut because he didn't want to play hurt. Now he is balling out on the Chiefs since he is now healthy.

Jamal Adams forced his way off the team because Joe Douglas lied about his contract. The Jets received good compensation, but they should have never been in that position.

The Jets will be entering next offseason with the same holes they had last season. WR, CB, Pass rushers and O-line are still the weakest links of the Jets.

He handicapped his young QB and head coach with terrible skill player acquisitions.

Every move Joe Douglas has made so far has been a disaster or underwhelming besides for Becton who shows promise.

Do you guys really trust this man to set the franchise on the right track over the next 3-4 years?

The worse thing Douglas has done is not have Gase fired yet. Sure Gase reports to Chris Johnson but Im betting right now Douglas has Chris' ear. If Douglas tells Chris Johnson to fire Gase Im betting it will get done - and I think its coming but Douglas is gonna let the ship sink a little deeper first. It will happen at the end of the season with the Jets at 2-14 if they can win 2 games. Might as well go 0-16 I don't care at this point - whatever it takes to get Gase fired. Its obvious at this point that he is useless.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, hamat711 said:

2332BA5A-7B31-4B85-A1AE-F077BA19AA60.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

In his first draft, he likely found us a 10+ year cornerstone LT.

He flipped a glorified LB for 2 1st round picks, a 3rd and a starting safety.

He traded down and still landed Mims in the 2nd round, a guy many here would’ve taken in the 1st round had we traded Adams to Dallas earlier.

Get rid of Gase and let Douglas pick his own HC.

By all accounts Douglas is highly respected and well connected around the league. It shouldn’t be considered outlandish that he can lure a quality coach here with a sh*tload of draft picks in his back pocket and upwards of $100 million in cap space.

Yea yea yea why should anyone listen to you. You make far to much sense at a time where nonsense everywhere reigns supreme. 

• Upvote 1