Tanking to save his job

kmnj

We’ve literally gone through a period of 3 GM’s over 10+ years where just about none of the draft picks taken are on our team, and in most cases those picks aren’t even in the NFL anymore. Not only have we constantly whiffed on top level draftees, we can’t even field lunch pail guys as backups from our prior drafts. That’s how incompetent we have been for years. But let’s blame it on the guy who couldn’t fix that in one season?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

We’ve literally gone through a period of 3 GM’s over 10+ years where just about none of the draft picks taken are on our team, and in most cases those picks aren’t even in the NFL anymore. Not only have we constantly whiffed on top level draftees, we can’t even field lunch pail guys as backups from our prior drafts. That’s how incompetent we have been for years. But let’s blame it on the guy who couldn’t fix that in one season?

To add the dingleberry on top of this turd sundae: it should be easy mode to draft players can can crack the worst roster in the NFL.

8 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

and he is right in line with them-

so far he has whiffed on his free agents and his contract deals -even worse than not fixing it in one season is he made us MJCH worse-it will take 2-3 years just to try and replace the guys he send packing let alone start the rebuild. 

so far he has one good draft pick that has contributed-if we follow history which we always do-he will be trade in 2-3 years.

I dont need to wait to see how the qb he drafted is(he will never play) or the scrub perrine  turns out(you can tell this fast he sucks)  

Joe brought in gore  ballage(more then once lol) perriman and extended griffin-our wr tight ends and rbs are terrible and they are all Joe's guys-that is some core he built-he really created a winning culture and was true to his word by protecting and developing our high draft pick franchise qb

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Because we look at the punting statistics provided by reputable sources and the numbers are either smaller or larger, depending on the letters that make up the specific person's name next to those numbers. The letters that add up to C-O-L-Q-U-I-T-T and M-A-N-N are next to numbers that mean they are averaging less net punting yards than everyone else in the league, but hey, that's just my opinion.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/player-stats/sp-s-net-vw-punting

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/punts/2020/REG/all/puntingaverageyards/desc

Sorry, I’m confused. So the reason he’s punting for fewer net yards is due to how his last name is spelled and not the punt coverage or how he’s kicking?

On 10/19/2020 at 12:08 PM, Fantasy Island said:

Douglas is Idzik 2.0, Gaze will be here as long as Bozo Joe is.  Because any sane owner would have fired Gaze this morning.

Gase is being fired right after the season ends. I keep saying the next day. It will probably be announced that night.

5 hours ago, kmnj said:

and he is right in line with them-

so far he has whiffed on his free agents and his contract deals -even worse than not fixing it in one season is he made us MJCH worse-it will take 2-3 years just to try and replace the guys he send packing let alone start the rebuild. 

so far he has one good draft pick that has contributed-if we follow history which we always do-he will be trade in 2-3 years.

I dont need to wait to see how the qb he drafted is(he will never play) or the scrub perrine  turns out(you can tell this fast he sucks)  

Joe brought in gore  ballage(more then once lol) perriman and extended griffin-our wr tight ends and rbs are terrible and they are all Joe's guys-that is some core he built-he really created a winning culture and was true to his word by protecting and developing our high draft pick franchise qb

This what disturbs me....sure a GM should have a few years to see if his picks work out but drafting is like 25 percent of a GM's job. 

Free agency, contract negotions, trades and general management of a team is most of it. His signings have been bad so far and the team is currently imploding on his watch. I need to see something from him as a LEADER. 

On 10/19/2020 at 9:08 AM, Adoni Beast said:

I really think people need to rewind and remember the negotiations Douglas had before he took the GM job.

- He said no initially. Not interested. Why? He didn’t believe in Gase and knew the roster was horrendous. The initial offer was reported at a normal/reasonable 4 years.

- He only accepted the 6 year deal. He knew going in Gase wasn’t his guy, but that Gase was just hired and would probably be there for a couple of years. 

- This is Douglas cleansing the team of everything, old players, old contracts, and more importantly the coaching staff. 

- I’m fairly certain JD didn’t expect us to go 0-16 and/or get the 1st pick after this season, but he sure as hell traded Jamal Adams for the ammo to possibly trade up for a once-in-a-decade generational QB prospect in case Sam was just meh or worse. 

Joe Douglas learned from some of the best GMs, who had a heavy hand in all football matters. He’s going to build the team his way, on his timeline, from top to bottom - players and coaching.

He wasn’t taking this job to try to win with what was already here. The only one he probably had hope for was Sam, and even him he seems to be lining up to draft his replacement. At least he has the balls to do what no one here since Mancini has done, rip it down and build it up how you want to.

This make a lot of sense.  I only hope you are correct.