College game day Oct 24th...

Beerfish

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

David Carr had 9 td passes and 15 interceptions and a 52 percent completion rate.

My bad Gastineau.  It's hard for me to take a joke this season. Just had a flashback of so many arguments about potential franchise quarterbacks for the Jets (compounded by a lifetime of arguing continously injured centers for the Trail Blazers.)  Having both Sam Bowie and Greg Oden as cornerstones of fan disappointment makes you feel like your losing every conversation involving sports.  Along with other nameless failed careers due to injury.  (weeps)

37 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

My bad Gastineau.  It's hard for me to take a joke this season. Just had a flashback of so many arguments about potential franchise quarterbacks for the Jets (compounded by a lifetime of arguing continously injured centers for the Trail Blazers.)  Having both Sam Bowie and Greg Oden as cornerstones of fan disappointment makes you feel like your losing every conversation nvolving sports.  Along with othef nameless failed careers due to injury.  (weeps)

I think we're all a little bitchy. I'm among the worst here in that dept. 

We deserve better. 

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, King P said:

I've been saying for a while now: Trevor Lawrence is QB1, but the gap between him and Justin Fields isn't as wide as people think it out is. I know people say you can't trust an OSU QB, but I truly think Fields is different.

He's an excellent consolation prize for whoever misses out on Lawrence

Completely agree.  I think people are underestimating how valuable the second pick in the draft will me because there will be a team or two (Jacksonville and Washington come to immediate mind) hoping to get Fields that will be trying to trade up.

8 hours ago, HawaiisOnlyJetsFan said:

Think he's confusing bigger arm and better passer.

Idk but again, I've never seen Lance play so I dont know what he can do passing the Football.  His stats seems to say he's more of a runner than passer but again, never watched a down of him.  Who I have watched is Justin Fields and after another meh performance by Sunshine, I'm going to steady maintain until proven otherwise that Justin Fields is the best passer of the Football in college. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Idk but again, I've never seen Lance play so I dont know what he can do passing the Football.  His stats seems to say he's more of a runner than passer but again, never watched a down of him.  Who I have watched is Justin Fields and after another meh performance by Sunshine, I'm going to steady maintain until proven otherwise that Justin Fields is the best passer of the Football in college. 

The weird thing about Joe Douglas that I like? I think Joe Douglas is the exact opposite of Macc. Where Macc would take the concensus Lindy, ESPN, Fox sports pick, if Joe Douglas & his scouts believe Justin Fields is better, they'll take him, or trade back & take him? I know Joe is no god, but I do think he's a really smart football man. 

6 hours ago, JiF said:

I completely agree with that. He's vision, progression and ball placement/accuracy at this point is better than Lawrence. Lawrence is fool's gold.