Our young studs

It all starts in the trenches and right now the Jets look like they have a rockstar anchoring both. Times are tough right now but you can see the way this team is going to take shape for next season already. It’s about time that we’re a team anchored by young draft picks - next draft will nail that down further 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It all starts in the trenches and right now the Jets look like they have a rockstar anchoring both. Times are tough right now but you can see the way this team is going to take shape for next season already. It’s about time that we’re a team anchored by young draft picks - next draft will nail that down further 

I was thinking the same thing. It’s not a 4-12 team filled with overpaid veterans on the way down. 
Land Trevor or Fields & it’s a very young team that can grow up together. Just add in a few nasty Veterans  (Would love a Thuney + Allen Robinson combo on offense). 
Also wouldn’t mind adding Jamal Williams at a decent price & drafting Etienne or Harris! 
Williams-Harris/Etienne-Perine is a nice trio of backs for our young QB. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I was thinking the same thing. It’s not a 4-12 team filled with overpaid veterans on the way down. 
Land Trevor or Fields & it’s a very young team that can grow up together. Just add in a few nasty Veterans  (Would love a Thuney + Allen Robinson combo on offense). 
Also wouldn’t mind adding Jamal Williams at a decent price & drafting Etienne or Harris! 

Yeah I actually feel pretty good about our winless talent bereft young team.  I love QW and love the 2020 draft class.  If you add Trevor (fingers crossed), a couple key free agents and an easier schedule we're right back to being mediocre with upside.

Regarding RB's - based on what I was reading about Philly's philosophy regarding RB's I don't expect the jets to invest heavily there.  They want a platoon of young cheap guys.  I've had my eye on Kerryon Johnson with the Lions.  He was a 2nd round pick just a couple years ago and after the Deandre Swift draft I expect him to be a FA this off season.  He's young and I thought was a VERY QUALITY young back that shouldn't demand a big contract.  I think he's absolutely perfect for the Jets.

I have dreams about Etienne but expect JD to prioritize OL or Edge with our Seattle pick and 2nd round. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

At least there are a few bright spots on the team. As bad as it is right now I am confident in our young players and draft picks where JD should be able to turn this around relatively soon.

With CB Hall perhaps a good number 2 and Poole coming back in the slot, we maybe can get by with a number 1 CB and our never ending quest for an Edge rusher. Offense outside Mims, Becton, and Perriman(if he can stay healthy and give him a 1 or 2 year deal) we need upgrades everywhere. 

So draft pick and FA desire for 2021:

QB - 1st round Number 1 or 2 overall (If 1 take TL, if 2 take Fields) then trade Darnold to pickup somewhere between another 2021 2nd-4th rounder

OG - 2nd 1st rounder (and another in FA)

CB or Edge - 2nd rounder 

WR - 3A round (and another in FA) 

Edge or CB - 3B rounder

Left out other needs like RB, TE, C, another CB, etc. we may get some of in FA and address with remaining 4, 5A, 5B, and 6 picks along with whatever round pick we get for Darnold. He just is not going to make it on the Jets and at best can stay for 2021 as a backup if we cannot get enough for him initially. He can always then be traded right before the 2021 trade deadline when some team has an injury. But, roster spot wise we likely should have the QB depth chart below starting in 2021:

QB1 - TL or Fields

QB2 - Flacco (He is a SB MVP and can guide the QB1 through the wilderness, plus he played well with NFL caliber WRs when they were in) 

QB3 - Morgan (Continue to develop and see if he ever becomes backup or trade bate)

QB4(PS) - White (Emergency QB that was a backup at times for Jets and maybe push Morgan for the 3rd string spot)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I would sign for that offseason in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

Love to see opponents defense already moving players away from #77

I don't! Haha. Let them try all day so we can just sit back and relax. It is like when Revis was on a guy and they threw to him. You knew they weren't getting anything. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

What's that I hear? An identity on offense? Cause that's what type of offseason that sounds like.