New Playoff format

Anthony Jet

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Is the new format, where 7 teams make the playoffs from each conference and only the top seed gets a bye, a one year thing or is it here to stay?

Unfortunately, it looks locked in. The six team playoff was ideal. But as usual greed wins out, which is why we’ll have 17 game seasons soon. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I know it's not going to happen, but the rule change I'd like to see stay is the 3 week IR, and the ability to pull people back and forth for the PS the way they are this year. 

The 3-week IR makes sense going forward, but I'm not sure the PS rule would work as it stands currently this year, as Practice Squads will likely reduce down to their original size next season.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I know it's not going to happen, but the rule change I'd like to see stay is the 3 week IR, and the ability to pull people back and forth for the PS the way they are this year. 

I really like the 3 week IR. I'd love to see the 17 game schedule next year add in a 2nd bye week as well but it will never happen as they are trying to get the Super Bowl to land on Presidents Weekend.