Feels like Gase is already gone

AFJF

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Please, please, please jets hire a good coach.  I really want to go into next year and the draft being happy and optimistic not full of dread.  I knew gase stunk from before day one and all I thought would happen did happen.

I knew before the Jets hired him, that Gase was a socially awkward kook and adversarial, arrogant weirdo because I live in South Florida, saw his post game pressers on local news every week, and heard how much Dolphin Fans hated him and wanted him gone.

He then confirmed all of the craziness on his first day as an employee of the organization. 

tenor.gif.790f442566a4ad961afbf806e7477524.gif

Johnson should have had the man drug tested immediately, or renounced his hiring and got back on the phone to the LEGITIMATE coaching prospects they had turned down. Oy vey.

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I knew before the Jets hired him, that Gase was a socially awkward kook and adversarial, arrogant weirdo because I live in South Florida, saw his post game presser on local news every week, and heard how much Dolphin Fans hated him and wanted him gone.

He then confirmed all of the craziness on his first day as an employee of the organization. 

tenor.gif.790f442566a4ad961afbf806e7477524.gif

Johnson should have had the man drug tested immediately, or renounced his hiring and got back on the phone to the LEGITIMATE coaching prospects they had turned down. Oy vey.

None of that stuff really bothered me.  I just thought he was bad in miami, made a lot of questionable  player decisions and his track record was just awful with any team other than manning.  Also the same thing happened when rex went to buffalo.  Just a terrible choice.

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Prove it.

Bechton, Mims, Mann, Davis, and Hall all look like solid NFL players, commensurate with where they were selected.

Without a pre-season, I can't sh*t on the rest of his picks yet, but if at least 1 more turns put to be a starter or consistent role player, that's objectively a pretty damn good draft.

The only pick I didn't like was Morgan, but if he looks like a Professional NFL backup QB next Pre-Season (unlike Hack, Petty, etc), then that's just gravy.

And JD was the next up and coming GM candidate.  Gase may have mentioned him, but JD is the Jets GM because of 6 years for $6M per, and will actually be getting almost absolute power in Football Decisions now (finally).

Joe and Gasehole worked together for ONE WHOLE SEASON (2015 Bears) almost 6 years ago. The fact that these two acquaintance briefly worked (in separate divisions) at the same organization is just a coincidence,  and had no bearing. The whole, "Gase and Joe are bestest buddies" is just nonsense that was briefly propagated by media puff pieces 2 years ago. Its a trash narrative. 

18 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Bechton, Mims, Mann, Davis, and Hall all look like solid NFL players, commensurate with where they were selected.

Without a pre-season, I can't sh*t on the rest of his picks yet, but if at least 1 more turns put to be a starter or consistent role player, that's objectively a pretty damn good draft.

The only pick I didn't like was Morgan, but if he looks like a Professional NFL backup QB next Pre-Season (unlike Hack, Petty, etc), then that's just gravy.

And JD was the next up and coming GM candidate.  Gase may have mentioned him, but JD is the Jets GM because of 6 years for $6M per, and will actually be getting almost absolute power in Football Decisions now (finally).

Joe and Gasehole worked together for ONE WHOLE SEASON (2015 Bears) almost 6 years ago. The fact that these two acquaintance briefly worked (in separate divisions) at the same organization is just a coincidence,  and had no bearing. The whole, "Gase and Joe are bestest buddies" is just nonsense that was briefly propagated by media puff pieces 2 years ago. Its a trash narrative. 

Sorry but are you sure you replied to the right post.

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

it's not bull crap at all.  maybe chris johnson overestimated the talent level of the team and especially darnold.  and if the jets are in a much better position to succeed next season because of gase's house cleaning then so be it.  he deserves the credit.

no

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

<clears throat> Quincy Enunwa was the best player, based on value, this team had drafted in the past ten years prior to this past draft. 

Well I guess one out of 7 or is that really 12 he screwed the pooch on. As for AG, he is a losing HC period.  Yeomen work LOL,  he did exactly what he did in Miami exactly and failed there and here. 

On 1/1/2021 at 3:08 PM, T0mShane said:

Three picks in the first three rounds, nine picks in 4-7.

All of his picks were whiffs with the exception of Sheldon Richardson, who wasn't terrible, but far from 1st round pick worthy. He sucked at drafting. 

Should have never hired him and should have fired Rex in 2012 to give us more options at GM.