Deshaun Watson agent hints he want to come to Jets (video)

Rhg1084

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Wow can’t believe @Mogglez confirmed the Jets are definitely trading for Watson. What a big scoop by @Mogglez

Based on this Breaking News  that @Mogglez confirmed this morning that  the NY Jets are sending #2; #34 and next year’s Seattle 1st rd. pick to Houston Texans for Deshaun Watson, I will allow a 1 time vote correction in the thread “Put Your Name to the Watson/Darnold/Draft Qb Dilemna!” 

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

He has a no trade clause tho, don’t think you’re fully grasping that fact 

20 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I mentioned this in another post. Watson no trade clause has no teeth. If the Texans get the best offer from say Minnesota just a sa hypothetical,  and he says I am not playing there, it's  too cold and the Texans say we are taking this offer, trade clause or not. What alternatives does Watson have? My contract has a no trade clause so you have to listen to me? I'd he going to hold out and cost himself a massive amount of money if they don't  send him where he is asking? 

I would say about the only party this benefits would be the Jets if he wants to cone here. All the Jets have to do is offer fair compensation  which could be Seattle's picks and not ours but I don't think that will fly.  

Everything is negotiable. Even signed contracts. He doesn’t have much leverage.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Adding on to this, I want to say one more thing:

Watson or no Watson, based on some other things I’ve heard, I have the utmost confidence that Joe Douglas will get this franchise on the right track, one way or another.  In my last large post on Christmas Eve I mentioned how both of my sources stressed that to me.  Things I’ve heard since, particularly during and after the Head Coaching hiring process, have me actually believing it.  I was “optimistic” before.  I’m all in now.  I truly believe that our franchise is finally in the right hands.

@MogglezHmmmmmmm why do you feel that JD will get the franchise on the right track one way or another!!! Maybe that is to much inside baseball but i had to ask!

Just a thought take Phil up on his idea write a Blog...... :) 

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Sorry for responding so late.  I had a busy day.  The only thing I can say with absolute certainty right now is that we are interested and heavily monitoring.  Obviously this isn’t anything that someone else couldn’t tell you but, based on what I was told today (I’m checking all my inboxes right now actually), I can tell you that Watson, himself, has zero issues coming here so I don’t think the NTC will be an issue.  The issue is the cost to get him.  That being said, 2 days ago, I thought this was impossible.  Today...my heart flutters a little bit more.

Personally, and this is just a gut feeling, I think they hire Bieniemy and attempt to smooth this over.  That being said, I have no connections to Houston and have zero idea how bad this situation really is other than what gets reported to the media so my pessimistic gut is useless.

Buckle up.  If this gets to the point where Watson formally requests a trade, the next few weeks are going to be a roller coaster.

@Mogglez thank you Sir for the update and please no need to apologize we all have a life we need to lead and sh*t needs to get done :)

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Sorry for responding so late.  I had a busy day.  The only thing I can say with absolute certainty right now is that we are interested and heavily monitoring.  Obviously this isn’t anything that someone else couldn’t tell you but, based on what I was told today (I’m checking all my inboxes right now actually), I can tell you that Watson, himself, has zero issues coming here so I don’t think the NTC will be an issue.  The issue is the cost to get him.  That being said, 2 days ago, I thought this was impossible.  Today...my heart flutters a little bit more.

Personally, and this is just a gut feeling, I think they hire Bieniemy and attempt to smooth this over.  That being said, I have no connections to Houston and have zero idea how bad this situation really is other than what gets reported to the media so my pessimistic gut is useless.

Buckle up.  If this gets to the point where Watson formally requests a trade, the next few weeks are going to be a roller coaster.

oh my god wow GIF

oh my god wow GIF

After The Rams and Browns gave us the double nut punch I’m not sure if my heart can take this ?

But F it.....what is life without a dream? 

Get out the sunken place Deshaun! Let’s go JD!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

oh my god wow GIF

oh my god wow GIF

After The Rams and Browns gave us the double nut punch I’m not sure if my heart can take this ?

But F it.....what is life without a dream? 

Get out the sunken place Deshaun! Let’s go JD!

Lol, that’s where I’m at.  Like I said though.  Of course we are going to be interested and of course we are monitoring the situation.  That being said...I still think he smooths this over in Houston.  We’ll see though.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lol, that’s where I’m at.  Like I said though.  Of course we are going to be interested and of course we are monitoring the situation.  That being said...I still think he smooths this over in Houston.  We’ll see though.

That’s all I can ask for at this given moment. Thanks for letting us in on what you’re hearing from your sources. Let’s us know we’re not batsh!t crazy for speculating on liked tweets and connecting dots ?

• Sympathy 1