Deshaun Watson agent hints he want to come to Jets (video)

Rhg1084

The dialogue was:

Agent: So Bob what do you want him to do?

Bob: I would like him to sign with the Eagles.

Agent: I bet you would. I bet you would....Listen we all want this car to turn green, unfortunately, most of the guys we wanna turn green is the Jets, so we're going Jet green.

Wanna turn green? Want to trade!? Want to trade for Deshaun?!?

Watson to Jets Confirmed.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Trades get agreed to "in principle" all of the time before they can actually happen. 

Sure, but there is no urgency for either side to do anything until the league year opens.  It’s going to be an incredibly busy free agency season, you have numerous teams in need of QBs.   Unless the Jets offered something stupid for Deshaun, why would the Texans be in a rush to do anything right now?  

14 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Actually you’re wrong. Watson is in a position similar to an NBA player where he can essentially force where he wants to go with his no trade clause. If he tells the Texans he’s not playing for them and wants to go to Jets, it puts the Texans in a very tough position 

So what is he going to do? Say he won't  play for the Texans if they don't  take the best deal they are offered? You think he will hold out, lose money when the games start and get charged 50k a day while he does it? He has no leverage.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

So what is he going to do? Say he won't  play for the Texans if they don't  take the best deal they are offered? You think he will hold out, lose money when the games start and get charged 50k a day while he does it? He has no leverage.  

I mean yeah pretty much, it could get ugly quick for them. We’re in an envious position where we can sit back and let this play out. Douglas won’t get taken advantage of 

• Upvote 2

If this isn’t Epic Trolling by DW and his agent, I hope there’s some good old fashioned tampering going on and DW gives the old LevBell middlefinger and will only play for the Jets causing the offer to consist of this years 3rd and 5th, two cheerleaders, a couple of souvenirs Woody got from his time in the Uk, Jared Porters bulge pic, Gases old office chair, and a handful of smelling salts he left behind in his top drawer.

ANYWAYS, NO TRADES UNTIL MID MARCH GUYS...it’s kinda the rules.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Sure, but there is no urgency for either side to do anything until the league year opens.  It’s going to be an incredibly busy free agency season, you have numerous teams in need of QBs.   Unless the Jets offered something stupid for Deshaun, why would the Texans be in a rush to do anything right now?  

If the Texans want to hire a coach they may want to make the move beforehand. That job is so horrible, you are either the guy that traded Watson or you are they guy stuck on the Texans without Watson.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

If the Texans want to hire a coach they may want to make the move beforehand. That job is so horrible, you are either the guy that traded Watson or you are they guy stuck on the Texans without Watson.

Perhaps, but Deshaun may be waiting to see who the hire is before officially makes his demands known.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

True, but it still doesn't mean they will trade him to his #1 choice. They will trade him where they get the most in return. If he doesn't want to go there, he can stay a Texan.

That may be the option they go with, he's too valuable you almost have to force the relationship to work if we don't offer up enough. The issue for the Texans would be having a disgruntled QB and NOT having the #2 or #3 pick. I think their options drastically change if they run into this next off-season.

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Perhaps, but Deshaun may be waiting to see who the hire is before officially makes his demands known.  

I think Bieniemy is the only one who can save this marriage, but rumors were he didn't want the job before getting the interview. Watson may make Bieniemy one of the highest paid coaches if the goal is to keep the QB haha

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This really has no bearing on where he goes. He goes to the team the Texans make a deal with.

Not really. Has a no trade clause. Watson can say no to the team Texans get the best offer from and instead say he wants the Jets. Of course the Jets would have to be offering at least 90% of what the offer was to get the Texans to cave in. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think Bieniemy is the only one who can save this marriage, but rumors were he didn't want the job before getting the interview. Watson may make Bieniemy one of the highest paid coaches if the goal is to keep the QB haha

It sounds like Watson is done in Houston. I don’t think there’s any chance he goes back honestly 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

well maybe that’s something the Jets should consider doing.

But why?   JD needs to wait and let Deshaun go full James Harden and torch every bridge back to Houston before he offers anything.  The trade value will only lessen once there is no chance of him returning to Houston.   There’s zero reason to rush into anything right now.  

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

But why?   JD needs to wait and let Deshaun go full James Harden and torch every bridge back to Houston before he offers anything.  The trade value will only lessen once there is no chance of him returning to Houston.   There’s zero reason to rush into anything right now.  

I’m just being a funny guy.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He could easily hold out...or pull a Carson Palmer and threaten to "retire" for a year. The bottom line is this goes way past the usual contract dispute that players usually argue with teams about. This is about respect, and if it is true that the team promised to consult him on the GM/Head Coaching hires and went back on their word, I'm sure Watson is poised to go full "scorched earth".