Deshaun Watson agent hints he want to come to Jets (video)

Rhg1084

46 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean yeah pretty much, it could get ugly quick for them. We’re in an envious position where we can sit back and let this play out. Douglas won’t get taken advantage of 

Watson is going to go where he is traded. If he wants to come to the Jets, he has no excuse not to go to any other team. 

Like I've been saying the more info that comes out the more leverage the Jets get. If in fact Watson wants to come to the Jets and only the Jets this makes it much easier for Joe Douglas to make a deal. Douglas knowing this info (and I'm sure he has his own info as well that we don't know about) the initial offer from the Jets may be lower than you think if in fact Douglas wants Watson. I hope he can get a deal done and still retain our number 2 over all pick so we can trade out of that pick and add 2-3 more weapons on offense.

So this years 23 Next years 1 and a 1 in 2023 would be a good package along with Sammy. If they like Sam It may turn out to be 2 number 1's and Sam

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Imagine if we trade for Deshaun, then Jags take Fields #1 overall. LOL

I'd sh*t in my pants. Literally.

Hey that's not too far fetched and I'm sure Douglas will kick those tires as well as to what direction the Jags are going. I mean the percentage is a small one that they don't draft Lawrence but we've seen plenty of stupid over the years and we didn't even have to go too far to see it LOL

33 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Not really. Has a no trade clause. Watson can say no to the team Texans get the best offer from and instead say he wants the Jets. Of course the Jets would have to be offering at least 90% of what the offer was to get the Texans to cave in. 

I mentioned this in another post. Watson no trade clause has no teeth. If the Texans get the best offer from say Minnesota just a sa hypothetical,  and he says I am not playing there, it's  too cold and the Texans say we are taking this offer, trade clause or not. What alternatives does Watson have? My contract has a no trade clause so you have to listen to me? I'd he going to hold out and cost himself a massive amount of money if they don't  send him where he is asking? 

I would say about the only party this benefits would be the Jets if he wants to cone here. All the Jets have to do is offer fair compensation  which could be Seattle's picks and not ours but I don't think that will fly.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He has a no trade clause tho, don’t think you’re fully grasping that fact 

I am. His recourse is going to court. I doubt Goodell let's that happen. I also think he loses unless there is specific language  that says Watson can demand a trade and pick the team. Have you seen the clause?

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I mentioned this in another post. Watson no trade clause has no teeth. If the Texans get the best offer from say Minnesota just a sa hypothetical,  and he says I am not playing there, it's  too cold and the Texans say we are taking this offer, trade clause or not. What alternatives does Watson have? My contract has a no trade clause so you have to listen to me? I'd he going to hold out and cost himself a massive amount of money if they don't  send him where he is asking? 

I would say about the only party this benefits would be the Jets if he wants to cone here. All the Jets have to do is offer fair compensation  which could be Seattle's picks and not ours but I don't think that will fly.  

That's exactly what it means. That's the point of the clause. He can say no to Minnesota. Texans are the ones that signed him to a huge deal already. They're the ones that need to make a deal or they're screwed. (or obviously make amends and keep him)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Like I've been saying the more info that comes out the more leverage the Jets get. If in fact Watson wants to come to the Jets and only the Jets this makes it much easier for Joe Douglas to make a deal. Douglas knowing this info (and I'm sure he has his own info as well that we don't know about) the initial offer from the Jets may be lower than you think if in fact Douglas wants Watson. I hope he can get a deal done and still retain our number 2 over all pick so we can trade out of that pick and add 2-3 more weapons on offense.

So this years 23 Next years 1 and a 1 in 2023 would be a good package along with Sammy. If they like Sam It may turn out to be 2 number 1's and Sam

I don't see how the Texans agree to the trade without the #2 overall.  If they are moving on from Watson, they have to sell the fanbase on something which would be Fields/Wilson at #2.  I don't think Sam Darnold will placate the fans there who will already be pissed after losing Hopkins and Watson in consecutive offseasons

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Either the agent is just trolling at this point (he’s been linked to the Jets a couple times on Twitter) and he’s just gonna go back to Houston. Or he legitimately is gonna force a trade here. Should be interesting 

They just want a trade done, and the Jets have the ammo to do it. Really don’t think it’s any special love for the Jets. I know Watson wanted Saleh, but this is still a 2-14 team that would have to give up a lot to land him. Probably too much to build a team around him this year. 

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He has a no trade clause. He can literally veto any trade he doesn't like. 

Sure he can.  So what happens if the Texans say if you don't  allow us to accept this deal, we won't  negotiate  with any other team? What is his recourse  at that point.  I don't  think the Texans really want to trade him in the first place. No trade clauses work when the team wants to trade you, not when the player is wanting to be traded. 

9 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

That's exactly what it means. That's the point of the clause. He can say no to Minnesota. Texans are the ones that signed him to a huge deal already. They're the ones that need to make a deal or they're screwed. (or obviously make amends and keep him)

No trade clauses work if the team is committed  to trading the player. I don't  think that is the case.  The Texans would probably be happy to say, well ok, we won't  take that deal, so I guess your staying.

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Sure he can.  So what happens if the Texans say if you don't  allow us to accept this deal, we won't  negotiate  with any other team? What is his recourse  at that point.  I don't  think the Texans really want to trade him in the first place. No trade clauses work when the team wants to trade you, not when the player is wanting to be traded. 

If it really gets that ugly, the Texans will have to trade him and move on. 

Star players who want out get traded. 

I personally still think there is a decent chance the Texans work it out with him, but if it comes to the point that he actually demands a trade, I think the Jets have a good shot at landing him. We can put together the best package, IMO. 

However, I'm still skeptical that JD will spend the draft capital necessary to get this done. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

If the Texans want to hire a coach they may want to make the move beforehand. That job is so horrible, you are either the guy that traded Watson or you are they guy stuck on the Texans without Watson.

I agree but they can’t actually trade him yet right? Someone mentioned 6 weeks. They can’t wait forever to hire a coach. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

If it really gets that ugly, the Texans will have to trade him and move on. 

Star players who want out get traded. 

I personally still think there is a decent chance the Texans work it out with him, but if it comes to the point that he actually demands a trade, I think the Jets have a good shot at landing him. We can put together the best package, IMO. 

However, I'm still skeptical that JD will spend the draft capital necessary to get this done. 

I agree with that last part, I don't  see Douglas making that offer. I think he highly values high draft picks and you have to be offering something  he doesn't  think he can fill with them and he can fill a QB role with them this season. I think a trade for say Wilson or Fields would be more likely straight up but a f again, I think Watson can veto a trade but I don't  think he can force one. 

1 hour ago, KRL said:

And if anyone thinks HOU is going to trade him within the AFC they're crazy

Who has the draft capital needed to 

A. Get them Wilson or Fields 

B. Have enough draft capital to forego 3 consecutive years of no 1st rd. picks

C. Have the Cap space to take on that contract with the new level around $183 mil

D. Not be anywhere close to a PO/SB appearance to save face for Texans ownership (Miami)

E. Is outside their division (Jags)

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dcat said:

nah... no one really cared all that much about selling the farm for a box safety there.  This, however is about QB.  Night and day difference.  

Not exactly true. I live in Dallas and they were on the edge of the seats while the rumors were flying.

43 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Yes.

That's exactly what he's doing even before the trade.  The motivation to trade him at all is the same thing.  They don't have to trade him...

"Is he going to hold out and cost himself a massive amount of money if they don't trade me"

Simply swap out "send him where he is asking" for "trade me" and it's the same thing.

22 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

Where there's smoke there's fire. I dont think they can get any more clear here that Watson wants to go to the Jets.

our 1st pick and Seattles 1st next year + this years second. Lets get it done.

Both Seattle picks and #2 overall.

That's Jamal and Fields for Watson....