Pick 3 current Jets players

AFJF

Teams routinely blow smoke regarding their own players and how they view them.  Everyone is great.  Everyone is a hard worker.  Coaches are always "excited to see" a guy up close.  

But if you could find out what the Jets REALLY thought about three of their own players, who would you choose?  And of course everyone would say Sam so let's leave him off.

I'm going with:

Herndon- He had a very good rookie season, was hurt in year two and was terrible in games 1-9 in 2020 but was very good once again in weeks 10-16 but saw very few targets.  He's still TE1 IMO.

Ty Johnson- Fits this offense well, should've seen more reps last season and could save the Jets having to use a pick on another RB.

Cam Clark- One of my favorite picks in last year's class but only saw some reps in practice.  I thought he would become an eventual starter and I know Kiper said the same thing about him after he was picked.  Do the Jets feel he can start somewhere in 2021?  Is he locked in at G or can he compete at RT?

22 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Teams routinely blow smoke regarding their own players and how they view them.  Everyone is great.  Everyone is a hard worker.  Coaches are always "excited to see" a guy up close.  

But if you could find out what the Jets REALLY thought about three of their own players, who would you choose?  And of course everyone would say Sam so let's leave him off.

I'm going with:

Herndon- He had a very good rookie season, was hurt in year two and was terrible in games 1-9 in 2020 but was very good once again in weeks 10-16 but saw very few targets.  He's still TE1 IMO.

Ty Johnson- Fits this offense well, should've seen more reps last season and could save the Jets having to use a pick on another RB.

Cam Clark- One of my favorite picks in last year's class but only saw some reps in practice.  I thought he would become an eventual starter and I know Kiper said the same thing about him after he was picked.  Do the Jets feel he can start somewhere in 2021?  Is he locked in at G or can he compete at RT?

I agree with Ty Johnson and have hope for Clark....
No love for Little John Flowers, darn it , this is his year!!

E67BA2C6-91E6-4A07-A5E8-C3D133314AC0.jpeg

Morgan. The lack of any comment about him, good or bad, is highly unusual. It’s almost as if they had put him in their own witness protection program. Still believe he is a big part of the plan.If true, he is the one player who can truly change the fortunes of this team.

41 minutes ago, rangerous said:

zuniga, clark and morgan.

If I could only pick 3 players, I think you hit the nail on the head.  

Every time I think of Clark and the way they have treated him so far, I scratch my head.

I have no idea on what Morgan is capable of, since the guy never suited up, just like Clark,

I have to believe that if they could redo the 2020 draft, they would pass on Zuniga.  If this guy doesn't impress in preseason, he will be a goner for sure.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I’d say Herndon. If he’s right and holds on to the ball. I believe we do not need another TE. Needs to get back to that rookie I saw a few years ago...
I’d also would like to know what the Jets brass think about Harvey Langi. I really like him and his motor. Will he be any kind of factor in our D going forward??
And lastly. Josh Adams I believe he would be a really good back for us along with Ty Johnson sharing the duties
So there are 3 guys (in house)that in my opinion can be very productive. Where we wouldn’t have to use draft picks on those 3 positions

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Alka said:

If I could only pick 3 players, I think you hit the nail on the head.  

Every time I think of Clark and the way they have treated him so far, I scratch my head.

I have no idea on what Morgan is capable of, since the guy never suited up, just like Clark,

I have to believe that if they could redo the 2020 draft, they would pass on Zuniga.  If this guy doesn't impress in preseason, he will be a goner for sure.

Normally, I would say a player's inability to get on the field was an indictment of his abilities, but Gase was so utterly bad at his job and with such ruinous judgment that I am willing to call a mulligan on all of the rookies from last year.  Seriously, at 0-12 to not start playing those guys a bit, even in garbage time, was just inexplicable.

• Upvote 1

For this specific offseason/right now I'd want to know about: 

Crowder

Fant

Cam Clark

Crowder because he has been rumored as a cut candidate b/c of his contract - would love to know what the team thinks of him and his ability to succeed in a new system. 

Fant because this is a great OT class and while Fant exceeded expectations there may be opportunities to upgrade that position in the draft. 

Clark because he was someone I was really excited about but am somewhat concerned he was not able to crack the line up during the second half of the season when they opted to play a lot of the younger guys. Were they just trying to protect him or were they concerned about his ability to play in any of these games? Where do they view him in a year or two if he can play? A tackle? Guard? If you think he can be a starting guard in the future it takes a lot of pressure off this offseason 

Other options would be Herndon and Crowder... would be curious about Bryce Hall as well. 

Cool thread,

I agree with Herndon.  There was so much potential there and boy would it be a big help if TE wasnt a need.

Hewitt for sure.  

And I'd be pretty interested in Berrios.  He was pretty good from the slot last year and if you can get something for Crowder and get replacement level from Berrios, that's a win.