WHI Mafia - Scorpion Woman Wins

1 hour ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'm willing to vote anyone but 80.  Could also vote Barry.  

Thanks man!  It’s been a while since the last game, which I modded, and had zero expectation people would keep to the “don’t lynch the last mod D1” rule.  This is a pleasant surprise even if the reason for not doing the lynch 80 thing D1 is my behavior rather than my modding. Either way thanks!

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pac's victory lap lasted long enough.  Kill Pac with fire asap.  

FYI things are going to get weird for me this game.  Full disclosure:  Intermittent fasting has had an indelible and apparently irreversible impact on my brain activity, most notably over the last 2 weeks as I approach the 6-week mark.  To be clear what I mean by intermittent fasting:  I have gone 16+ hours without eating, each day since March 22nd.  I only eat within an 8-hour window or less each day, meaning I've successfully cut out late night eating each night. 

I've lost some weight (not as much as hoped so far, but I'm off to a good start, and am establishing a solid eating foundation as I prepare to exercise more) with more to come as my body gets used to needing less food, and treating the food I do eat more like fuel (as intended by our ancestry). 

The daily intermittent fasting has come with an accompanying energy burst, evidently laced with a copious amount of fun neurotransmitters which include serotonin and dopamine.  This has been the cause of several strange effects on my affect (see what I did there), use of "train thinking", reduced insulin in my system (due to lower dependence on sugar/carbs) and some increased irritability and anxiety.  I have slept like a baby most nights, but on some nights I haven't been able to sleep at all thanks to an overactive brain.  My wife has noticed the change but hasn't expressed concern except under rare circumstances, as the changes have only been slightly noticeable to those who have been around me every day.  The impact is more jarring for those who go a week or so without being around me, including the counselor I see on a weekly basis.  He asked me if I had been bitten by a radioactive spider in our latest session.

Its a little like what happened to Bradley Cooper's character in Limitless, minus the quadruple-digit IQ that came along with it.  It's been fascinating to observe and report my own physical, mental and emotional changes occurring within my psyche, like I'm Jeff Goldblum in The Fly.  It's like I'm constantly in a state of mania, with my "Don't Give a f**k" mentality never being stronger than it is now.  Expect some entertainment along with my typical awful play, and perhaps an IRL trip to prison/ER/mental hospital, as typically happens for those experiencing a prolonged manic episode.  Note that I am not saying I have gotten smarter, only that I've gotten stranger at a rapid pace and seemingly overnight.  

Positive side effects include:  Stronger immune system, quicker healing process, "smaller stomach" effect, improved memory and attention span, more free testosterone, increased libido, better love-making, improved husbandry skills. 

P.S., for @The Crusher:  Please note I still love food, I just pick and choose when I eat, what I eat, and how much I eat during my established, scheduled meal time.  I am simply learning how to treat food like fuel without giving up the foods I love most; its like a life cheat code in some ways.  Please don't ban me.  

I apologize in advance.  Bear with me as I adjust to my own "new normal".  And GFY's. 

I run a 5k daily on the same Fasting schedule you do. Did the first two miles This morning on a 7:45 pace. I used to run that on one meal.  It’s doable. 

• Upvote 1

Fascinating entry from my journal where I’ve been observing and reporting my own behavior:

Journal Entry

Apr 29

Today I complimented the Ape in one of the JN draft day threads.  I complimented him by suggesting he’s an “objectively good” person, and always has been, even dating back to his days on JI under all his old usernames. 

I fully expect repercussions for this statement, particularly from the Mafia crew.  But for now WEEEEE!!!!

How fascinating this world is for my new brain.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fascinating entry from my journal where I’ve been observing and reporting my own behavior:

[quote]
Journal Entry

Apr 29

Today I complimented the Ape in one of the JN draft day threads.  I complimented him by suggesting he’s an “objectively good” person, and always has been dating back to his days on JI under all his old usernames. 

I fully expect repercussions for this statement, particularly from the Mafia crew.  But for now WEEEEE!!!!

[/quote]

Are you sure this isn't affecting your estrogen levels?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thanks man!  It’s been a while since the last game, which I modded, and had zero expectation people would keep to the “don’t lynch the last mod D1” rule.  This is a pleasant surprise even if the reason for not doing the lynch 80 thing D1 is my behavior rather than my modding. Either way thanks!

I didn't say it cause you modded the last game.  I'm just to trying acknowledge you're a good guy trying to re-imagine yourself and that should always get a positive review.  Keep up the good work.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Wait.  You're not scum are you?

• Upvote 1

[quote]
Journal Entry

Apr 29

Today I complimented the Ape in one of the JN draft day threads.  I complimented him by suggesting he’s an “objectively good” person, and always has been dating back to his days on JI under all his old usernames. 

[/quote]

With this kind of content you should put you journals together and release it as a book. I’d buy it. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Wait.  You're not scum are you?

Haven't checked my role PM.  Too many fascinating things to focus on in my whole new world.  I think this is why weed has never worked for me.  I've tried it a few times:  F**kin nothing.  My theory:  I find most things fascinating anyways in my default setting (that hasn't changed since my fasting journey began), so why would weed have any impact?  It would have even less of an impact now probably.  

25 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

With this kind of content you should put you journals together and release it as a book. I’d buy it. 

17 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

“The 80 Memoirs: The Story of His Struggle Through JN Mafia, Losing Weight But Going Insane While Doing It and Losing His Virginity.”

I'd buy it too!  Wait, did I write it already?  I can't remember.  Sleep is just blacking out for me these days.  I have no idea what goes on for those 8 or so hours.  I just know it FEELS like I sleep like a log, with dreamless sleep.  It's fantastic.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to distract from the game.  I don't think I've even voted anyone yet.  Who's playing?  I thought my new "gifts" would help me play Mafia better but I think it just makes me an annoying distraction who brings nothing to the table.  WAIT that's what I've always been, haven't I?  This is just making me "extra" of what I already am, not creating something new!  Jeez.  Another realization!  I've deserved to die every D1.  Now I get it.  Thanks guys I think I've got another journal entry ready to go!

Journal Entry

May 7, 2021

It's been over 21 hours since my last meal.  I've now come to the realization that I'm just an annoyance and that's all I'll ever be.  The new gifts I've received have given me nothing but the ability to talk without ceasing.  Not much different than I have been before.  Hopefully my vote on Verbal will work, if not I fear I'm lost in the abyss.  Sorry Barry.  You deserve better than this.  Your game looks fantastic and I just can't stop ruining it.  Now I know what its like to be CTM.  Will my brain ever stop?  I'm not "smarter", just "busier".  It's like I have 12 different browsers open and they're all requiring me to type in endless google searches into an endless vortex.  Maybe this is what is in the "Beyond" section of "Bed, Bath & Beyond?"  Ooh, that'll make for a good google search.  Maybe a solid journal entry too once I have my results!  Quick, write that down!  Ah yes, I already am.  How meta.  

• Upvote 1

Exciting news:  I have my annual physical today with my primary care physician.  Appointment in less than 3 hours!  Among the topics I'll be discussing with him will include the intermittent fasting, its impact on my life of late, and the possibility of switching to new medication.  I'm taking Buspar currently.  It's stopped working.  My brain can't stop, won't stop, and no anti-anxiety drug is going to slow down that train.  "Train thinking" is something I've been doing non-stop too by the way, of late.  It's like an attempt to see the whole chess board of possibilities and predicting how people are going to react to each move.  Or, as it was described to me, like a train coming through a tunnel and counting/naming each car, with the train seemingly endless.  It's such a weird place to be stuck in.  Mind you, it's not a sign of improved intelligence.  That's an important distinction to point out.  Its just an example of a brain that can't cease its thought patterns once it latches on to a particular topic of interest.  Anyways, I'll see about taking a new drug.  Maybe it will help.  Stay tuned, those of you still reading and caring.

55 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I didn't say it cause you modded the last game.  I'm just to trying acknowledge you're a good guy trying to re-imagine yourself and that should always get a positive review.  Keep up the good work.  

Oh thanks!  Sorry for misinterpreting.  Missed this post during my most recent blackout.  I assumed you meant you weren't voting me based on the entertainment value I'm providing (if that's a thing), not anything positive about my character, nor the modding point (I just assumed everyone forgot already that I modded last game anyways; it was so long ago and I was in a very different place, after all).  We usually don't vote people purely on the basis of good or bad character, but I now recall you've done this before.  Yes, I am indeed working on myself, but its had unintended consequences and I don't know what to do.  Please help!  Scripture says to "pray without ceasing".  That's a laugh.  I can't stop praying if I tried.  It's not working.  

Sorry guys I didn’t mean to bring the game to a crashing halt.  I’m in with the doc now hopefully will have some answers and can make this stop!  Not the fasting, the impact, that is.  I’m gonna continue fasting. Intermittently.  Eating right after my blood work lab draw is done. I may faint first though so my wife drove. Wonder where she’ll say we can eat. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exciting news:  I have my annual physical today with my primary care physician.  Appointment in less than 3 hours!  Among the topics I'll be discussing with him will include the intermittent fasting, its impact on my life of late, and the possibility of switching to new medication.  I'm taking Buspar currently.  It's stopped working.  My brain can't stop, won't stop, and no anti-anxiety drug is going to slow down that train.  "Train thinking" is something I've been doing non-stop too by the way, of late.  It's like an attempt to see the whole chess board of possibilities and predicting how people are going to react to each move.  Or, as it was described to me, like a train coming through a tunnel and counting/naming each car, with the train seemingly endless.  It's such a weird place to be stuck in.  Mind you, it's not a sign of improved intelligence.  That's an important distinction to point out.  Its just an example of a brain that can't cease its thought patterns once it latches on to a particular topic of interest.  Anyways, I'll see about taking a new drug.  Maybe it will help.  Stay tuned, those of you still reading and caring.

Honestly, what you're describing sounds like a nightmare to me. I already have trouble with turning my brain off at times, and the bold describes me to a T.

Also, you remind me of Bart Simpsons when he takes his Focusyn.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Honestly, what you're describing sounds like a nightmare to me. I already have trouble with turning my brain off at times, and the bold describes me to a T.

Also, you remind me of Bart Simpsons when he takes his Focusyn.

Trust me man it’s not so bad. My padded cell is very clean!!

FTR I was originally going to not vote Pac this game based on his MVP performance last game where I gave him a sweet role that made Pac great again (yes, I deserve that credit). Usually that earns a long leash next game as a heat check situation.

But then he just had to flap his stupid fat gums in support of Jamal Adams.

Kill it.  With fire.

• Haha 2