WHI Mafia - Scorpion Woman Wins

Moving might be the worst thing there is. Someone could show up at my door tomorrow and offer me double what I paid for this house on the condition that I move out all the sh*t that I just moved in, and I’d sic the dog on them like they were @Nolder insulting someone’s service Rottweiler.

• Haha 4

On 5/6/2021 at 5:22 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

A warning.  I understand this is shocking given I don't think anyone has noticed a change in my posting style on the main board.  I'm not letting you all know this to avoid the noose, mind you.  I fully expect to get some votes purely for not eating. 

Really I just care about you Mafia peeps in a weird way and I don't want anyone to worry.  I probably could have just said nothing at all and let you guys piece things together over time, but preferred this route instead.  I'll try not to be too weird for the game's sake but that's not really possible given my strange brain activity.  Sorry for the distraction.  I don't know how normal this is for other people doing intermittent fasting.  On one hand, I might be special.  On another, maybe not at all.  Either way it was worth "getting ahead of", from my point of view.

If you guys want to replace me I'm good with that too but I'd prefer to play this out and see what my new Spidey senses can do for me.  Probably not much, as they haven't had much real life use so far.

In summary, sorry for being weird, and for that weirdness coming as much from my explanation of the potential weirdness as the weird stuff itself.  Rule 14.  ❤️

If you have any questions or need help dm me. I’ve been doing this for 2.5 years (verifiable ) lost 55 lbs and most importantly no longer are on my doctors heart attack concern list. He wanted me to take a statin. Quite the opposite now I feel like a teenage again. We are the same age ir so , so feel free. It’s worth it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Still waiting on an answer. You really can’t get anything you need these days. 

Le sigh.....quick google search: https://www.dictionary.com/e/capital-vs-capitol/

What is a capital?

Capital has many definitions. It can mean “the wealth owned or employed in business by an individual, firm, corporation, etc.”; and it can mean “principal; highly important,” as in safety was their capital concern. Also, it can mean “uppercase letter.”

But the capital that gives most people trouble is this one: “the city or town that is the official seat of government in a country or state,” as in the capital of California is Sacramento or the capital of the United States is Washington, DC.

What is a capitol?

Capitol also has to do with government, but it is more specific: capitol is defined as “a building occupied by a state legislature.” When the word Capitol is capitalized, it refers to the United States Capitol, a building in Washington, DC, that hosts Congress, the legislative branch of the US federal government.

Both capital and capitol are derived from the Latin root caput, meaning “head.” Capital evolved from the words capitālis, “of the head,” and capitāle, “wealth.” Capitol comes from Capitōlium, the name of a temple (dedicated to Jupiter, the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Zeus) that once sat on the smallest of Rome’s seven hills, Capitoline Hill.

How do I tell the difference?

Because capital and capitol are so close in spelling, it can be challenging to rememberwhich word denotes what. As a mnemonic trick, consider the importance of the letter O in capitol. This O stands for “only one” definition, while the A in capital stands for “all the rest.” If that doesn’t work, try associating the O in capitol with the spherical dome of the US Capitol building.

Once you know the difference, you can use them correctly. When you are referring to a building, you should use capitol:

• Hundreds of protesters turned out for a rally at the capitol lawn.
  • During the massive restoration of the historic capitol, workers discovered some interesting artifacts, including a variety of valuable coins.

When you are referring to a city or town, you should use capital:

• Denver is Colorado’s capital and a great place to visit if you’d like to explore the Rocky Mountains.
  • This quiz will test the children’s knowledge of the state capitals.

And when you’re referring to a music studio? That would be the Capitol Records building, but we’ll save music history for another day.

Waiting on a message board answer you lazy Qanon scum!!!

Impeach Donald Trump GIF by Creative Courage

Unvote Pac

Vote JustEndTheSuffering

Plus I’m not ready to vote Pac off......yet

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Le sigh.....quick google search: https://www.dictionary.com/e/capital-vs-capitol/

What is a capital?

Capital has many definitions. It can mean “the wealth owned or employed in business by an individual, firm, corporation, etc.”; and it can mean “principal; highly important,” as in safety was their capital concern. Also, it can mean “uppercase letter.”

But the capital that gives most people trouble is this one: “the city or town that is the official seat of government in a country or state,” as in the capital of California is Sacramento or the capital of the United States is Washington, DC.

What is a capitol?

Capitol also has to do with government, but it is more specific: capitol is defined as “a building occupied by a state legislature.” When the word Capitol is capitalized, it refers to the United States Capitol, a building in Washington, DC, that hosts Congress, the legislative branch of the US federal government.

Both capital and capitol are derived from the Latin root caput, meaning “head.” Capital evolved from the words capitālis, “of the head,” and capitāle, “wealth.” Capitol comes from Capitōlium, the name of a temple (dedicated to Jupiter, the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Zeus) that once sat on the smallest of Rome’s seven hills, Capitoline Hill.

Because capital and capitol are so close in spelling, it can be challenging to rememberwhich word denotes what. As a mnemonic trick, consider the importance of the letter O in capitol. This O stands for “only one” definition, while the A in capital stands for “all the rest.” If that doesn’t work, try associating the O in capitol with the spherical dome of the US Capitol building.

Once you know the difference, you can use them correctly. When you are referring to a building, you should use capitol:

• During the massive restoration of the historic capitol, workers discovered some interesting artifacts, including a variety of valuable coins.

• Denver is Colorado’s capital and a great place to visit if you’d like to explore the Rocky Mountains.

And when you’re referring to a music studio? That would be the Capitol Records building, but we’ll save music history for another day.

Unvote Pac

Vote JustEndTheSuffering

This is just fantastic.  What a petty vote.  I love it!!!

EDIT:  Or wait was this a "joke vote"?  I can't really tell the difference right now.  Fascinating!  (Scribbles down notes)

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2021 at 9:53 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Pac's victory lap lasted long enough.  Kill Pac with fire asap.  

FYI things are going to get weird for me this game.  Full disclosure:  Intermittent fasting has had an indelible and apparently irreversible impact on my brain activity, most notably over the last 2 weeks as I approach the 6-week mark.  To be clear what I mean by intermittent fasting:  I have gone 16+ hours without eating, each day since March 22nd.  I only eat within an 8-hour window or less each day, meaning I've successfully cut out late night eating each night. 

I've lost some weight (not as much as hoped so far, but I'm off to a good start, and am establishing a solid eating foundation as I prepare to exercise more) with more to come as my body gets used to needing less food, and treating the food I do eat more like fuel (as intended by our ancestry). 

The daily intermittent fasting has come with an accompanying energy burst, evidently laced with a copious amount of fun neurotransmitters which include serotonin and dopamine.  This has been the cause of several strange effects on my affect (see what I did there), use of "train thinking", reduced insulin in my system (due to lower dependence on sugar/carbs) and some increased irritability and anxiety.  I have slept like a baby most nights, but on some nights I haven't been able to sleep at all thanks to an overactive brain.  My wife has noticed the change but hasn't expressed concern except under rare circumstances, as the changes have only been slightly noticeable to those who have been around me every day.  The impact is more jarring for those who go a week or so without being around me, including the counselor I see on a weekly basis.  He asked me if I had been bitten by a radioactive spider in our latest session.

Its a little like what happened to Bradley Cooper's character in Limitless, minus the quadruple-digit IQ that came along with it.  It's been fascinating to observe and report my own physical, mental and emotional changes occurring within my psyche, like I'm Jeff Goldblum in The Fly.  It's like I'm constantly in a state of mania, with my "Don't Give a f**k" mentality never being stronger than it is now.  Expect some entertainment along with my typical awful play, and perhaps an IRL trip to prison/ER/mental hospital, as typically happens for those experiencing a prolonged manic episode.  Note that I am not saying I have gotten smarter, only that I've gotten stranger at a rapid pace and seemingly overnight.  

Positive side effects include:  Stronger immune system, quicker healing process, "smaller stomach" effect, improved memory and attention span, more free testosterone, increased libido, better love-making, improved husbandry skills. 

P.S., for @The Crusher:  Please note I still love food, I just pick and choose when I eat, what I eat, and how much I eat during my established, scheduled meal time.  I am simply learning how to treat food like fuel without giving up the foods I love most; its like a life cheat code in some ways.  Please don't ban me.  

I apologize in advance.  Bear with me as I adjust to my own "new normal".  And GFY's. 

vote 80

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/7/2021 at 5:23 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Fascinating entry from my journal where I’ve been observing and reporting my own behavior:

What's more fascinating is what you consider fascinating...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is just fantastic.  What a petty vote.  I love it!!!

EDIT:  Or wait was this a "joke vote"?  I can't really tell the difference right now.  Fascinating!  (Scribbles down notes)

yeah I wasn't sure if I needed to add a sarcasm note at the end or not

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2021 at 2:53 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

FYI things are going to get weird for me this game.  Full disclosure:  Intermittent fasting has had an indelible and apparently irreversible impact on my brain activity, most notably over the last 2 weeks as I approach the 6-week mark.  To be clear what I mean by intermittent fasting:  I have gone 16+ hours without eating, each day since March 22nd.  I only eat within an 8-hour window or less each day, meaning I've successfully cut out late night eating each night. 

I've lost some weight (not as much as hoped so far, but I'm off to a good start, and am establishing a solid eating foundation as I prepare to exercise more) with more to come as my body gets used to needing less food, and treating the food I do eat more like fuel (as intended by our ancestry). 

The daily intermittent fasting has come with an accompanying energy burst, evidently laced with a copious amount of fun neurotransmitters which include serotonin and dopamine.  This has been the cause of several strange effects on my affect (see what I did there), use of "train thinking", reduced insulin in my system (due to lower dependence on sugar/carbs) and some increased irritability and anxiety.  I have slept like a baby most nights, but on some nights I haven't been able to sleep at all thanks to an overactive brain.  My wife has noticed the change but hasn't expressed concern except under rare circumstances, as the changes have only been slightly noticeable to those who have been around me every day.  The impact is more jarring for those who go a week or so without being around me, including the counselor I see on a weekly basis.  He asked me if I had been bitten by a radioactive spider in our latest session.

Its a little like what happened to Bradley Cooper's character in Limitless, minus the quadruple-digit IQ that came along with it.  It's been fascinating to observe and report my own physical, mental and emotional changes occurring within my psyche, like I'm Jeff Goldblum in The Fly.  It's like I'm constantly in a state of mania, with my "Don't Give a f**k" mentality never being stronger than it is now.  Expect some entertainment along with my typical awful play, and perhaps an IRL trip to prison/ER/mental hospital, as typically happens for those experiencing a prolonged manic episode.  Note that I am not saying I have gotten smarter, only that I've gotten stranger at a rapid pace and seemingly overnight.  

Positive side effects include:  Stronger immune system, quicker healing process, "smaller stomach" effect, improved memory and attention span, more free testosterone, increased libido, better love-making, improved husbandry skills. 

P.S., for @The Crusher:  Please note I still love food, I just pick and choose when I eat, what I eat, and how much I eat during my established, scheduled meal time.  I am simply learning how to treat food like fuel without giving up the foods I love most; its like a life cheat code in some ways.  Please don't ban me.  

I apologize in advance.  Bear with me as I adjust to my own "new normal".  And GFY's. 

@TeddEY sorry for the novel!

Yesterday, based on the above, my PCP prescribed me to double the dosage of buspar (60 mg daily spread out over 3 doses) and added Prozac (1x per day, standard dosage) as an SSRI to cover me when I inevitably slip from the manic stage to depression.  

Important Note:  He did NOT diagnose me as Bipolar, but implied he might given more info/evidence.

Thoughts? Was this appropriate?  I’m scared to start the Prozac but have started the new buspar regimen.  2nd day in, no change.  As expected, it’ll take time. 

Please help!  I can pay if needed.  Ask me any questions you’d like on thread or via PM. Symbolic penis. 

On 5/6/2021 at 2:53 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yesterday, based on the above, my PCP prescribed me to double the dosage of buspar (60 mg daily spread out over 3 doses) and added Prozac (1x per day, standard dosage) as an SSRI to cover me when I inevitably slip from the manic stage to depression.  

Important Note:  He did NOT diagnose me as Bipolar, but implied he might given more info/evidence.

Thoughts? Was this appropriate?  I’m scared to start the Prozac but have started the new buspar regimen.  2nd day in, no change.  As expected, it’ll take time. 

Please help!  I can pay if needed.  Ask me any questions you’d like on thread or via PM. Symbolic penis. 

@TeddEY not sure if I mentioned it:  I see a counselor on a weekly basis.  He's the one that recommended a medication switchup.  My apologies for neglecting to mention that (or mentioning it extraaneously here).  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

What is a capital?

What is a capitol?

Unvote Pac

Vote JustEndTheSuffering

Wow. So gross. You just gave me the ultimate middle finger. 

Vote Beaver ? 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Wow. So gross. You just gave me the ultimate middle finger. 

Vote Beaver ? 

But that's what made it such a great post! 

You're both town btw.  Not sure if you checked your role PM's yet, thought I'd make you aware.  OMGUS FTW!!!

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@TeddEY not sure if I mentioned it:  I see a counselor on a weekly basis.  He's the one that recommended a medication switchup.  My apologies for neglecting to mention that (or mentioning it extraaneously here).  Thanks!

Acknowledged...

Not going to address any real questions on this website.  PM me an email address.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I cant tell what's going on, is 80 just leaning in on being the Shaman who refused to eat in jail or something?  Or is he being serious?  At first I thought it was just embracing the character role but tagging EY is making this seem to real.

This feels intentional and game motivated but I'm trying not be insensitive.  

My personal diagnosis of what is going with 80, if this is real is dont wait till your 40 to have sex.   Clearly there are very negative mental side effects.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I cant tell what's going on, is 80 just leaning in on being the Shaman who refused to eat in jail or something?  Or is he being serious?  At first I thought it was just embracing the character role but tagging EY is making this seem to real.

This feels intentional and game motivated but I'm trying not be insensitive.  

My personal diagnosis of what is going with 80, if this is real is dont wait till your 40 to have sex.   Clearly there are very negative mental side effects.

It’s all real. And it’s spectacular. Kind of. My enjoyment is waning a bit after receiving a recent dose of reality in my inbox.

15 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Was talking about 80 ?

i like Barry's nickname giving ability, if nothig else.

Also hai ?

Hi Nyn ?

Barry gives good nicknames.  I never knew.  

I still have 80 in the town pile.  You should join the Pac train.  That is where scum resides.  

Feeling a good bit better guys. Whether it was @TeddEY’s advice, my dose adjustment, or a combination of both, I think my “manic state” (if that’s what it was) might be calming down.  We’ll see if it holds up.

Sorry for the distraction to this point and for the disappointment I’ll be providing a few of you who were looking forward to more entertainment, lol. But I’m sure those same folks are happy to have a bit of old 80 back, too!  You’re good people.

Lets get down to playing, shall we?  Pac dead yet?

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Feeling a good bit better guys. Whether it was @TeddEY’s advice, my dose adjustment, or a combination of both, I think my “manic state” (if that’s what it was) might be calming down.  We’ll see if it holds up.

Sorry for the distraction to this point and for the disappointment I’ll be providing a few of you who were looking forward to more entertainment, lol. But I’m sure those same folks are happy to have a bit of old 80 back, too!  You’re good people.

Lets get down to playing, shall we?  Pac dead yet?

No worries, but in my limited experience of playing mafia Deckerfan acted crazy all game and was scum.   You keep this up and you know what’s coming 

C36467CA-2462-4814-96F7-8476153ABB2F.gif

• Haha 2