Opening day at Metlife

What a shame that we play in such an awful shared stadium. I cant imagine getting the experience they just had in Green Bay that has so much character only to to come "home" to Metlife stadium. Just awful. it is only the Jets fans themselves (of coursee Jets Nation) that make the game day experience somewhat enjoyable 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Copernicus said:

What a shame that we play in such an awful shared stadium. I cant imagine getting the experience they just had in Green Bay that has so much character only to to come "home" to Metlife stadium. Just awful. it is only the Jets fans themselves (of coursee Jets Nation) that make the game day experience somewhat enjoyable 

Have you met a poster named Matt. U guys would a great time together at The games

12 hours ago, Copernicus said:

You must be the life of the party….btw as someone who has been to many road games Metlife is actually a pretty legit stadium 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Kind of hard to believe that you think fans at Met Life on opening day dont feel the same excitement because the Giants will play there the following week.   

Green Bay is historic, no modern stadium is GB, a stadium of our own wouldnt change that.  

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

If we made enough noise that we want out, it could happen.  But, the right people would need to get the ball rolling.  Who are the most influential, persuasive people in the Jets community?  Who would actually get involved? 

The Jets were third in attendance 2 years ago.  They have a 82K seats stadium that like the outside or not is nothing to complain about and they spent almost $1B on and you think theyre interested in getting out of their deal to spend a few billion more just because some fans make some noise?  

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

You must be the life of the party….btw as someone who has been to many road games Metlife is actually a pretty legit stadium 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-stadium-power-rankings/

Ranked 27th out of 30.  FedEx field, Nissan Stadium in TN, Paul Brown Stadium in Cincy, ranked worse.

It's one of the worst stadiums to watch a game at and get in and out of in the Country.  The Pats stadium is the worst to get in and out of but it's still better to watch a game in. 

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Ranked 27th out of 30.  FedEx field, Nissan Stadium in TN, Paul Brown Stadium in Cincy, ranked worse.

It's one of the worst stadiums to watch a game at and get in and out of in the Country.  The Pats stadium is the worst to get in and out of but it's still better to watch a game in. 

Tell me, what are your exact gripes with the stadium??

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Tell me, what are your exact gripes with the stadium??

The parking is very far away.  The stadium itself pulls the fans far from the field.   It's a bad stadium to watch a game in for the majority of the fans.  Way to far from the game.

Having been a season ticket holder in AZ for 3 years and coming back to Met Life and buying individual seats 20 rows from the field on the 40.  My seats in AZ which were in the 2nd deck at the 35 was closer to the field.  The walk from the assigned parking was closer to the field.  The stadium itself had half the seating that was closer to the field than the premium seats, about 15% of the seats in the New Met Life.  FYI they built the stadium with a retractable doom and real grass for less than half of what Met Life cost.  Granted it's a concrete box that's just comfortable and has great viewing for 90 percent of the fans close to the action with very little added luxury.  It's also got less capacity.  Another good thing.  

Met Life ha no charachter.  The traffic in and out sucks, the parking sucks and the fans are far from the playing field.  

The old Giant stadium gave more fans a closer and better view of the field than the new stadium.  The new stadium is about capcity and maximizing revenue.  It did a great job at that.  It actually made the viewing experience of the game worse for more fans than the old Giant stadium.  

13 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The parking is very far away.  The stadium itself pulls the fans far from the field.   It's a bad stadium to watch a game in for the majority of the fans.  Way to far from the game.

Having been a season ticket holder in AZ for 3 years and coming back to Met Life and buying individual seats 20 rows from the field on the 40.  My seats in AZ which were in the 2nd deck at the 35 was closer to the field.  The walk from the assigned parking was closer to the field.  The stadium itself had half the seating that was closer to the field than the premium seats, about 15% of the seats in the New Met Life.  FYI they built the stadium with a retractable doom and real grass for less than half of what Met Life cost.  Granted it's a concrete box that's just comfortable and has great viewing for 90 percent of the fans close to the action with very little added luxury.  It's also got less capacity.  Another good thing.  

Met Life ha no charachter.  The traffic in and out sucks, the parking sucks and the fans are far from the playing field.  

The old Giant stadium gave more fans a closer and better view of the field than the new stadium.  The new stadium is about capcity and maximizing revenue.  It did a great job at that.  It actually made the viewing experience of the game worse for more fans than the old Giant stadium.  

If your main gripe is the parking lot I feel it’s not that bad. Ever been to Fed Ex or New Era for Example? Complete dumps

No it’s not the sexiest statdium ever made but it’s fairly modern (2010) and facilities pretty ok. 

As for seating, the 300s are far. I will give you that but mostly it’s hard to argue the 100s and 200s are any differen in most respects 

• Upvote 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

If your main gripe is the parking lot I feel it’s not that bad. Ever been to Fed Ex or New Era for Example? Complete dumps

No it’s not the sexiest statdium ever mad but it’s fairly modern (2010) and facilities pretty ok. 

As for seating, the 300s are far. I will give you that but mostly it’s hard to argue the 100s and 200s are any differen in most respects 

Fedex field is worse.  Agreed.  

40 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Fedex field is the worst.

Fixed Your Post.  

FedEx has no equal in it's horrible horribleness.

Still holding out hope the WFT will get a nice, new, much better designed Stadium in DC itself, maybe where RFK sits moldering away at current.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Fixed Your Post.  

FedEx has no equal in it's horrible horribleness.

Still holding out hope the WFT will get a nice, new, much better designed Stadium in DC itself, maybe where RFK sits moldering away at current.

But will it simply be called The Stadium - you know as to not ruffle anyone's panties. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

In this ranking of NFL stadiums, such factors as fan participation are taken into consideration as well as architectural design and climate. 

Wasted link

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

In this ranking of NFL stadiums, such factors as fan participation are taken into consideration as well as architectural design and climate. 

Wasted link

But it sucks compared to other stadiums to actually watch a football game.  

The sad reality is the Old Giant stadium was the best home venue to watch a Jet game.  In our division the same seats in any of the other stadiums gets you closer to the action with a better view. 

13 hours ago, Biggs said:

But it sucks compared to other stadiums to actually watch a football game.  

The sad reality is the Old Giant stadium was the best home venue to watch a Jet game.  In our division the same seats in any of the other stadiums gets you closer to the action with a better view. 

We all know why the Giants and Jets wanted a new stadium.  $$.  They both were losing money due to the stadiums limitations.  

I have to say, I've never had a problem with seeing games from my seats in ML.  I get that its a much bigger stadium and when all the reports were that the old GS would fit inside of ML.  Yeah, that part isnt as good but Im finding it hard to believe Dallas, LA etc have seats closer to the field.  They're huge just like ML.  Hey, PSLs suck too, welcome to the 2000's

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We all know why the Giants and Jets wanted a new stadium.  $$.  They both were losing money due to the stadium.  

I have to say, I've never had a problem with seeing games from my seats in ML.  I get that its a much bigger stadium and when all the reports were that the old GS would fit inside of ML.  Yeah, that part isnt as good but Im finding it hard to believe Dallas, LA etc have seats closer to the field.  Their huge just like ML.  Hey, PSLs suck too

You're probably right about those other mega stadiums.  Not a fan.  I was at the last football game in Candlestick Park.  NFC championship game between the Giants and 49ers.  It was like a time warp to Shea stadium which was awful.  Not because the stadium was overly large it just wasn't configured for football so the sight lines sucked.

The last 3 games I went to outside of Met life were AZ, KC and New England.  Met Life was the worst place to view the game.  In all 3 stadiums I had top tier seats.  The difference in how far away I was from the field at Met was huge.  You don't realize it until you go somewhere else.

I grew up with Shea Stadium.  I went to a lot of football and baseball games at Yankee stadium.  Both places were bad for football.  The trend in baseball to smaller not larger stadiums has actually been a huge plus.  

I hated that the Jets played at Giant Stadium and I get that Met life is a nutural field.  I just really felt closer to the action in the old Giant stadium.  To me as a football fan that's what counts.  

I get your point and it's valid.  I almost wish they charged more and shrunk the stadium by 25,000 seats and put the decks on top of the field instead of out from the field.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Biggs said:

You're probably right about those other mega stadiums.  Not a fan.  I was at the last football game in Candlestick Park.  NFC championship game between the Giants and 49ers.  It was like a time warp to Shea stadium which was awful.  Not because the stadium was overly large it just wasn't configured for football so the sight lines sucked.

The last 3 games I went to outside of Met life were AZ, KC and New England.  Met Life was the worst place to view the game.  In all 3 stadiums I had top tier seats.  The difference in how far away I was from the field at Met was huge.  You don't realize it until you go somewhere else.

I grew up with Shea Stadium.  I went to a lot of football and baseball games at Yankee stadium.  Both places were bad for football.  The trend in baseball to smaller not larger stadiums has actually been a huge plus.  

I hated that the Jets played at Giant Stadium and I get that Met life is a nutural field.  I just really felt closer to the action in the old Giant stadium.  To me as a football fan that's what counts.  

I get your point and it's valid.  I almost wish they charged more and shrunk the stadium by 25,000 seats and put the decks on top of the field instead of out from the field.  

You know that Giants Stadium and KC are pretty much the exact same stadium?  The Maras went looking at newer stadium back in the day and like KC, hire the same architectural group to do the new stadium in jersey.  The only major difference is the seats behind each EZ slopes down, I guess they wanted fewer seats and too them away from where the worst seats in the house would be.

I grew up in Shea also.  Got my STs in 1977.  Horrible facility for football but was so much fun in that place.  Loud and crazy was the norm.

Yeah, I'm not trying to say that its perfect or wouldnt be better if it weren't designed to maximize $.  I'd say that KC and New England would never be built today.

The seats in AZ, especially the uppers arent pushed back?  They look like they are

22 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Kind of hard to believe that you think fans at Met Life on opening day dont feel the same excitement because the Giants will play there the following week.   

Green Bay is historic, no modern stadium is GB, a stadium of our own wouldnt change that.  

A stadium of our own would change everything . I'm tired of being the Giants little brother . Every once and a while , they throw us some green crepe paper to make us think that we are home . 

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

A stadium of our own would change everything . I'm tired of being the Giants little brother . Every once and a while , they throw us some green crepe paper to make us think that we are home . 

OMG, it would change nothing.  Not a thing.  Seriously, what would a separate stadium do for you?  Im sorry for those who have a complex but the Jets and Giants are co owners of the stadium. They both own it equally.  The Giants dont put up green crepe paper to make us think that we are home, the Jets put it up, like every team in the NFL does, because they are home.  Two teams playing in two separate $2 billion stadiums makes no sense.  

Do you think the Giants fans cry as much as some Jets fans that theyre our little brothers sharing our stadium?  Its the same split, just depends on which window you look in from.  How about the Rams fans and Charger fans, one of those fan bases crying?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1