Who knows MetLife?

Dtree

36 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The stadium is absolute trash bro. You don’t even believe yourself. 

It’s a bowl with seats. That’s what all stadiums are.  You would have a fancy stadium if you were willing to pay for it. Fans in Los Angeles and Las Vegas are.  They paid for PSL’s.  Jets fans don’t want to.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

It’s a bowl with seats. That’s what all stadiums are.  You would have a fancy stadium if you were willing to pay for it. Fans in Los Angeles and Las Vegas are.  They paid for PSL’s.  Jets fans don’t want to.

SAR I

The product on the field is constantly garbage. Would you shop at grocery stores if they’re selling old fruits and vegetables? Absolutely not. You’re going to go to a place that believes in their product and believes in quality. 

The Jets have hired people to run their organization that I wouldn’t want near my 6 year old nephew’s flag football team. You think people are excited to drive 1-3 hours to go see a team ran by Gase? To dedicate my Sunday for a team that’s going to score 13 points? Nah, I’m good. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Ghost said:

Can we just sell our share to the Giants? Our stadium is one of the worst and it’s not even close. You look at these new modern stadiums and they make MetLife look like it was built in the 70s. 

I dont ever get this take? Have you traveled to other stadiums? FedEx field has raw sewage falling on people.

Metlife was built in 2010 and is faily modern, clean and large. What did you want? A "cool design" or something. I mean people you spend your time in the stadium watching footaball right? Or is it more about the selfie in front for Instagram. 

Metlife is just fine, not the best, certainly far from the worse. Its a football stadium people. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I dont ever get this take? Have you traveled to other stadiums? FedEx field has raw sewage falling on people.

However, for some fans at the stadium, their experience was briefly disrupted by water falling from overhead onto the seating section, as seen in a viral video circulating on social media.

With these fans unable to remain in their seats, the organization upgraded their view experience. FedEx Field's Twitter account confirmed that the water affecting the section was rainwater and that the water had stopped spilling into the area. 

Nonetheless, the team provided these fans with suites to continue watching the game, a happy ending for all involved as the stadium's account stated that it was all water under the bridge. 

19 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Metlife was built in 2010 and is faily modern, clean and large. What did you want? A "cool design" or something. I mean people you spend your time in the stadium watching footaball right? Or is it more about the selfie in front for Instagram. 

Metlife is just fine, not the best, certainly far from the worse. Its a football stadium people. 

I am not sure what it is and I don't get the hate either. When we won the Sunday night game against the Bengals to get to the playoffs, no one complained that it was in Giants stadium. When we crushed the colts and Peyton - no one complained that it was Giants stadium. The first couple of years in Metlife when we were winning meaningful games (I know no home playoff games) I was at every one and simply do not remember anyone at the games complaining what a terrible stadium it is.

We go to watch a football game. Not the nonsense that they try and push in front with the selfies, t shirts etc.

I am truly not sure what having a stadium that does not look like an AC unit does for the product on the field. Quite honestly, I could care less.

One other rant. Is it legal to bring in stun guns for the fools that have to take a selfie while the play is going on the field? Can we just zap them?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

The people complaining about the "style" of MetLife Stadium drive 9 year old Kia's and wear Walmart jeans, real fashionistas.

SAR I

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The people complaining about the "style" of MetLife Stadium drive 9 year old Kia's and wear Walmart jeans, real fashionistas.

SAR I

Some who have PSL's and season tickets. (possessions to brag about) act as if the stadium is the Taj Mahal of all sports arenas in the world. 

It isn't. 

joewilly12

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

I am not sure what it is and I don't get the hate either. When we won the Sunday night game against the Bengals to get to the playoffs, no one complained that it was in Giants stadium. When we crushed the colts and Peyton - no one complained that it was Giants stadium. The first couple of years in Metlife when we were winning meaningful games (I know no home playoff games) I was at every one and simply do not remember anyone at the games complaining what a terrible stadium it is.

We go to watch a football game. Not the nonsense that they try and push in front with the selfies, t shirts etc.

I am truly not sure what having a stadium that does not look like an AC unit does for the product on the field. Quite honestly, I could care less.

One other rant. Is it legal to bring in stun guns for the fools that have to take a selfie while the play is going on the field? Can we just zap them?

This.

The root cause of this MetLife hate has nothing to do with the design of the stadium.  It's that people like us rose to support the cause when asked by the Jets and used our money to buy the seats that they used to occupy.

You've got some people here who had lower level seats on the 50 yard line in Giants Stadium, best seats in the house, which the Jets never sold at market value.  They paid $75 for a seat that was worth $500, and they sold them to scalpers.  I know a guy who literally put his kids through college because he and his uncle had 14 seats in Giants Stadium they never used, just sold them to brokers.

It's all about money, what else.  Younger rich dudes could afford the PSL's.  It only took 16,000 of us buying an average of 3 seats to take all the non-Club and non-upper deck seats in the place.  They are salty because they didn't want to spend money, hell, the Jets were paying them to use their seats, paying them to attend games.  That cash cow is over.  Now they cry.  It's been 11 years.  You'd think they'd get over it by now.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Some who have PSL's and season tickets. (possessions to brag about) act as if the stadium is the Taj Mahal of all sports arenas in the world. 

It isn't. 

joewilly12

Who said that?  Not me.

PSL's and season tickets are not possessions to brag about.  They are the only way to get a consistent live game experience in great seats.  The last 10 years I get laughed at when I tell people that I've got season tickets.  Hardly bragworthy.

Nothing has changed since you went to all those games all those decades ago except the price.  That's all this is about.  The free money the Jets used to print for you and your friends as you sold your seats to Manhattan ticket brokers to be sold to enemy fans is gone.  And you're salty.  It's been 11 years.  Get over it.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The free money the Jets used to print for you and your friends as you sold your seats to Manhattan ticket brokers to be sold to enemy fans is gone.  And you're salty.  It's been 11 years.  Get over it.

I never sold my tickets to anyone. 

I wasn't a SELLOUT besides there was no internet. 

Improve the product on the field and I may return as a season ticket holder. 

I already sat through 20+ years of losing hopefully it isn't your turn. 

joewilly12 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

joewilly12 

MetLife doesn't need to be Jerryworld for me.  I'm there for the games.  I'm there to get away from the TV and the distractions and spend time with my family and friends concentrating only on what's on the field.

These people who want some better looking stadium, why?  They sit out in the parking lots getting drunk, show up late in the first quarter, leave early in the fourth quarter, they should be more concerned about the quality of the port-a-potty because that's where they spend their time.

SAR I 

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

MetLife doesn't need to be Jerryworld for me.  I'm there for the games.  I'm there to get away from the TV and the distractions and spend time with my family and friends concentrating only on what's on the field.

These people who want some better looking stadium, why?  They sit out in the parking lots getting drunk, show up late in the first quarter, leave early in the fourth quarter, they should be more concerned about the quality of the port-a-potty because that's where they spend their time.

SAR I 

Some not all. 

joewilly12 

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Jets fans, always settling for mediocrity. Whether it’s the team’s production, the jerseys, the stadium, whatever.

“Ehhh, it gets us by.”

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

joewilly12 

I normally go to about 4 games per year. I get to pick and choose the games I go to. I also payed probably 35% of what season ticket holders pay for their ticket. Makes absolutely no sense. Jets tickets are not scarce because the product on the field has been consistently trash. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I normally go to about 4 games per year. I get to pick and choose the games I go to. I also payed probably 35% of what season ticket holders pay for their ticket. Makes absolutely no sense. Jets tickets are not scarce because the product on the field has been consistently trash. 

Same here I treat myself to row 1 in good sections. 

Pay a lot for the seats but not as much as owning PSL and season tickets and no commitments. 

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Same here I treat myself to row 1 in good sections. 

Pay a lot for the seats but not as much as owning PSL and season tickets and no commitments. 

I am not understanding this line of thinking, are you suggesting you are a shrewd bargain shopper because you don't have PSL?

MetLife is better than Shea and Giants Stadium, I never wait when I have to shake the dew off the lily. The food is a 1000x better, no obstructions from watching the game and I don't have to deal with drunks & swearing around my children. Its easier to get out of MetLife stadium now than Giants stadium.

4 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I am not understanding this line of thinking, are you suggesting you are a shrewd bargain shopper because you don't have PSL?

Nope 

I attend games on my terms. 

I decide where I sit. 

No bargain shopper just like to control my life and not let others control it. 

joewilly12

On 9/13/2021 at 9:22 AM, SAR I said:

468-CA0-E4-F509-435-B-8941-3786-BF837-FD

It was the map I had handy, but it's also helpful information. 

You don't want to be on the sunny side of the stadium in September.  Sun tan aren't the words to describe it.  Space capsule approaching planet Mercury is more like it.

SAR I

That is looking like the score at the same point in time this Sunday unfortunately….

24 minutes ago, Claymation said:

MetLife is better than Shea and Giants Stadium, I never wait when I have to shake the dew off the lily. The food is a 1000x better, no obstructions from watching the game and I don't have to deal with drunks & swearing around my children. Its easier to get out of MetLife stadium now than Giants stadium.

If you're talking about getting out of the building physically, it is in no way whatsoever easier to get out of MetLife.  That's just insane.

26 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

If you're talking about getting out of the building physically, it is in no way whatsoever easier to get out of MetLife.  That's just insane.

Getting out of the building physically faster allows you to also get out of the lots physically faster.

In the Mezzanine, I can make it from Row 1 to the exit stairs in under 3 minutes, down the exit stairs in 3 minutes, and in my car in 5 minutes.

In Giants Stadium, same Mezzanine location, getting to the spirals was a battle with fans going in both directions, crashing into each other.  And spiral ramps weren't efficient, there were backups constantly.

As for the lots themselves, if one parks in E, makes a left onto the access road, and makes the first right towards Izod, you're on Route 3 in 90 seconds.

SAR I

35 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Seriously? I am out of the Stadium in 5 minutes tops, from seat to exit. I am on Route 3 in 15 minutes from leaving my seat.

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Getting out of the building physically faster allows you to also get out of the lots physically faster.

In the Mezzanine, I can make it from Row 1 to the exit stairs in under 3 minutes, down the exit stairs in 3 minutes, and in my car in 5 minutes.

In Giants Stadium, same Mezzanine location, getting to the spirals was a battle with fans going in both directions, crashing into each other.  And spiral ramps weren't efficient, there were backups constantly.

As for the lots themselves, if one parks in E, makes a left onto the access road, and makes the first right towards Izod, you're on Route 3 in 90 seconds.

SAR I

Sure, probably when you leave with 5 minutes to go as you most certainly do.

I sit in the exact same location as you in the opposite corner.  You need to take 2 escalators, or 2 sets of excruciatingly slow moving stairs to get out of the place. 

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

Sure, probably when you leave with 5 minutes to go as you most certainly do.

Not sure where this comes from.  I used to drive 10 hours round trip as a season ticket holder living up in New England for 9 years, I'm certainly not leaving games early when my front door is 25 minutes away.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

Seriously? I am out of the Stadium in 5 minutes tops, from seat to exit. I am on Route 3 in 15 minutes from leaving my seat.

Same here.

The genius of MetLife Stadium is that it's four, quarter-sized stadiums in one.  If you're in the Pepsi section, you can't get to the Verizon section using walkways inside the stadium, you have to go all the way out to ground level, to the plaza, walk around, and then up those escalators.  Giants Stadium was a mess because fans would run from their seats to whichever gate was closest to where they parked and that put thousands of people running clockwise and counterclockwise on all the internal walkways slowing everyone down.

SAR I