Joe Brady

Wit

3 hours ago, Wit said:

Maybe he didn’t get a job because he sucks?

We perhaps dodged a bullet there. 

Amen, he went into a shell in the second half and made no adjustments to counter ours... fans of panthers are not that crazy about him. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Funny how all OC's with bad QB's suck.  So weird how that works.  

Funny how a OC who had one successful season with a loaded LSU team led by Burrow having a great season was anointed a genius without proving he actually was 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

James Morgan gave them all of our info.  This loss falls on morgan.

you know what Joe, i am starting to believe that. they were too zeroed in on our run game. 

i mean they kept running even though we kept getting 2 yds. like they knew no matter what we were running the ball. it wasn't until the 2nd half when Saleh made the adjustment to start passing on 1st or 2nd down.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny how a OC who had one successful season with a loaded LSU team led by Burrow having a great season was anointed a genius without proving he actually was 

Meh.  Brady is fine.  Burrow was just that good.  And despite his ACL tear he's going to be viewed as a top 10 QB in the league very soon.

Whenever a player succeeds, and the question is whether the player himself deserves most of the credit or the coach does, side with the player.

And simultaneously, the same exercise needs to be practiced when a player fails.  Most of it falls on the player.  These are pro athletes we're talking about.  They don't generally need coaches to hold their hands all the time or re-teach them technique.  Coaching is important but it's not THAT important at this level.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meh.  Brady is fine.  Burrow was just that good.  And despite his ACL tear he's going to be viewed as a top 10 QB in the league very soon.

Whenever a player succeeds, and the question is whether the player himself deserves most of the credit or the coach does, side with the player.

And simultaneously, the same exercise needs to be practiced when a player fails.  Most of it falls on the player.  These are pro athletes we're talking about.  They don't generally need coaches to hold their hands all the time or re-teach them technique.  Coaching is important but it's not THAT important at this level.

Meh sums up Brady so far.  What has he done?  

I wasnt complaining about Burrow, I was praising him

Coaching is more than THAT important at this level.  Its hugely important.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Meh sums up Brady so far.  What has he done?  

I wasnt complaining about Burrow, I was praising him

Coaching is more than THAT important at this level.  Its hugely important.  

Not nearly as important as talent.  The success of a team is 60+ % dependent on talent.  And the ability to play football at the highest level is 60+ % dependent on internal qualities/abilities of the player himself. 

There's a reason maligned guys like Brian Schottenheimer and Adam Gase get praised when OCing for Russell Wilson and Peyton Manning but bashed mercilessly when paired with Mark Sanchez or Sam Darnold.  Meanwhile, Belichick, supposedly the best HC of all-time, can't win d*ck without Brady and complained last year about a lack of talent.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Not nearly as important as talent.  The success of a team is 60+ % dependent on talent.  And the ability to play football at the highest level is 60+ % dependent on internal qualities/abilities of the player himself.  And all available data backs that up.  

I didnt say that.  

You said coaching isnt THAT important at this level.

I can name a hell of a lot more meh players who are more than useful with a good CS than the other way around 

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I didnt say that.  

You said coaching isnt THAT important at this level.

I can name a hell of a lot more meh players who are more than useful with a good CS than the other way around 

OK then put a % on it.  Because if it were up to JN, I imagine most/many would have the reverse view; that coaching is a little more important than talent.