Face it JD Fans..He doesn't know how to draft

10 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Becton was heralded as the next great tackle he gets a fluke injury and now he’s a bust

you guys need help 

Becton looked great in 2020, but was injury prone. This year right from when he turned up at camp he’s been awful.

He was a turn style daily in camp with Lawson kicking his ass. Same at the joint scrimmages with Green Bay. He was getting his ass kicked before he hurt his knee.

I personally think he’s to big to play the position, and his size and apparent lack of conditioning isn’t helping. I don’t see him in the league after his rookie contract. 

12 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Becton looked great in 2020, but was injury prone. This year right from when he turned up at camp he’s been awful.

He was a turn style daily in camp with Lawson kicking his ass. Same at the joint scrimmages with Green Bay. He was getting his ass kicked before he hurt his knee.

I personally think he’s to big to play the position, and his size and apparent lack of conditioning isn’t helping. I don’t see him in the league after his rookie contract. 

He’s had a bad second year, but I think you are going overboard. Marcus Maye also had an injury plagued second year after a promising rookie season. He’s turned out OK. 

Becton is 22 years old. He’s got plenty of football left. 

35 minutes ago, KO91 said:

He’s had a bad second year, but I think you are going overboard. Marcus Maye also had an injury plagued second year after a promising rookie season. He’s turned out OK. 

Becton’s future is not predestined.  He needs to change his body and his life.  If he does not he will be out of the NFL and probably life before long. 

When he was drafted it looked like he had a nice steady girlfriend   It sounds like she is not around anymore   One would think she would try and stick around an NFL tackle.  

Early returns not good anyone must concede but 2020 was JD’s first draft as “the man” in a COVID environment to boot. Way too early to make any conclusions about 2021 class. If Zach whiffs those of you who want him gone will get your wish. Guess we will know at end of next season absent a historical bomb of a first season on par with Deshonn Kizer or Ryan Leaf.

• Upvote 1

Looking at the 2021 Draft again, the Jets could have:

1-Not traded up for AVT.

2-Used 23 for Christian Darrisaw like the Vikings did.

3-Still taken Elijah more at 34.

4-Used the 3rd round picks for 2 OL.  

5-or used the 2nd and 3rd round picks for 2 OL and then maybe something else.  The hope would have been that with 23, 34 and the two 3rd round picks, the Jets could have drafted 2 Gs.  

4 hours ago, KO91 said:

I think he’s career will be mard with injury. I think he’s got the tools, just doubt his drive, discipline to make it. 

22 hours ago, Paradis said:

The problem with his drafts, and i think i said this somehwere else - is the lack of success. Not necessarily that the book is closed on 2020 class yet - but where are the landmark picks? Where's the guys that are showing up to validate his prowess? 

• Wilson has a long way to go to start looking like a Hubert type success. 
  • WRs... well i won't go there, think Moore is fine, just being over-thrusted 
  • Oline.. no great campfire stories there. at all
  • Secondary - potential there, but no one's balling out yet
  • Running back - again, decent but no story to herald. Maybe some hope with MC

In 2.5 years with a lot of $$$$ and a lot PICKS -- his resume is as middle of the fkcing road as it gets. 

And thats not good enough.

Youre right as of now, and maybe right in the future.. But there still so much time to go. 

By the end of the year we could be saying Becton is back to being Becton from last year, AVT can look great, Mims could get on the field and validate everyones belief in him, Moore can become a playmaker, and Zach can show real promise.

This is why this argument about JD's drafting is so premature. I get it, and yes as frustrated fans we are all 100% right to criticize a GM when you see 0 of what you expect to out of the players.  But this is year 2 for a majority of them the rest are rookies.. If by the end of the year everything goes well and these guys all step up, then what is is the conversation?

JD is a crap GM now then everything goes well this year and he's God again? What if half of the 2020 draft bombs, but you get Becton to be Becton, Mims and Davis contribute, and Hall is a good starter?  Is that a bust draft?  What if you end up with starters and roll players from 2021? This draft sucks too?  It's Great?  What the criteria here. idk just seems like theres so many what ifs that you cant even start to make a definitive opinion on the guy. 

We're too polarizing as fans, when often times the truth probably lies in the middle. I say we all just reserve judgement until there is a concrete leg to stand on and we can make an accurate assumption. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Youre right as of now, and maybe right in the future.. But there still so much time to go. 

By the end of the year we could be saying Becton is back to being Becton from last year, AVT can look great, Mims could get on the field and validate everyones belief in him, Moore can become a playmaker, and Zach can show real promise.

This is why this argument about JD's drafting is so premature. I get it, and yes as frustrated fans we are all 100% right to criticize a GM when you see 0 of what you expect to out of the players.  But this is year 2 for a majority of them the rest are rookies.. If by the end of the year everything goes well and these guys all step up, then what is is the conversation?

JD is a crap GM now then everything goes well this year and he's God again? What if half of the 2020 draft bombs, but you get Becton to be Becton, Mims and Davis contribute, and Hall is a good starter?  Is that a bust draft?  What if you end up with starters and roll players from 2021? This draft sucks too?  It's Great?  What the criteria here. idk just seems like theres so many what ifs that you cant even start to make a definitive opinion on the guy. 

We're too polarizing as fans, when often times the truth probably lies in the middle. I say we all just reserve judgement until there is a concrete leg to stand on and we can make an accurate assumption. 

great post

i do want to answer one question 

"If by the end of the year everything goes well and these guys all step up, then what is is the conversation?

well from what i seen on this board they will nickpick. they have to because so many here have turned to anti JD. and when you do that its very hard to come back. and i see its spreading to Saleh. how dare he sit Mims, he must not know what hes doing. and even Wilson is starting to get those posts too. 

i will tell you what they will bitch about.

Clark. hes out again this time with a spinal injury. i think his career is done. 

Morgan, Zuniga, Perine. oh and god forbid Mims doesn't get on the field soon. 

and then they will go back to there favorite knocks. Fenney, Fant, GVR.... 

nobody considers it must be hard to convince a player to come to a 2-14 team. 

did anyone see " Once upon a time in Queens" ? Keith Hernandez hated being traded to the lonely Mets. who were still bad in 1983. after the season the GM ask him if he wanted to stay. he knew Keith was very upset about being here. Cashen told him if he wanted out he would trade him. just let him know by the winter meetings. obviously Keith stayed but players don't want to come to losing teams.

add the 2nd highest taxes and a fan base that booes at one bad performance.  tell me whos good that wants to come here?

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Paradis said:

The problem with his drafts, and i think i said this somehwere else - is the lack of success. Not necessarily that the book is closed on 2020 class yet - but where are the landmark picks? Where's the guys that are showing up to validate his prowess? 

• Wilson has a long way to go to start looking like a Hubert type success. 
  • WRs... well i won't go there, think Moore is fine, just being over-thrusted 
  • Oline.. no great campfire stories there. at all
  • Secondary - potential there, but no one's balling out yet
  • Running back - again, decent but no story to herald. Maybe some hope with MC

In 2.5 years with a lot of $$$$ and a lot PICKS -- his resume is as middle of the fkcing road as it gets. 

And thats not good enough.

Kind of confused because it seems you're coupling both drafts together.  I'm not willing to make any declarations about the '21 class, that's just stupidity to go there but in week 2, plenty of the '21 class I thought played very well; AVT, both Carter's, Guidry.  

Going back to the '20 class, it hasnt been good but again, I gave my rationale on why I'm being a bit lenient on his first ever draft and if a few show out in addition to Hall, it's not a total wash.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Kind of confused because it seems you're coupling both drafts together.  I'm not willing to make any declarations about the '21 class, that's just stupidity to go there but in week 2, plenty of the '21 class I thought played very well; AVT, both Carter's, Guidry.  

Going back to the '20 class, it hasnt been good but again, I gave my rationale on why I'm being a bit lenient on his first ever draft and if a few show out in addition to Hall, it's not a total wash.

You're not wrong.... its a function of my state of mind... still waiting to break this cycle pain that's been going a decade strong. No lamplighter wins in April

11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:
Michael Carter II has allowed 37 yards on 9 receptions 4.1 yards per reception Best mark in the NFL among 68 CBs to defend at least 5 receptions

3 players this season have:
2+ Sacks
2+ TFL
1+ Forced Fumble
1) Chandler Jones
2) Nick Bosa
3) John Franklin-Myers

i have been reading good stuff on Carter. thank for confirming this 

i think Echols has played well too. do you have his ranking?

I'm on record here last year stating that Davis, Perine and Zuniga were bad picks..and that Morgan would be cut this year...got excoriated for it...those throwing stones now look silly...Woody should be demanding of Saleh that he find a way to get Mims on the field...plain and simple..consequences to occur if it doesn't happen.