Brett Favre new system

doitny

they have Brett with Eli and Peyton and i know there is a separate thread for the game but i didn't want this to get buried in it. i think this is interesting and something we should hear.

they were talking about Brett's time with the Jets and how difficult a time Brett had with learning our new system.

he was a west coast offense guy in GB. but we didn't run that. he said if the play was Texan 22, that meant that Texas was the play and 22 was the protection. 

but with us is was opposite. 22 was the play and Texas was the protection. of course he would get it but he said it was difficult. and he had what, 16 years before he got to us? HOFer and he had trouble adjusting.

imagine now rookies having to learn a new system from what they playing in college. it will take time.

imagine going 16 years of your life knowing a green light means go and a red means stop. then you go to another country to live and its opposite. 

even when you think you got it you will still make mistakes for a while till you have more experience with it.

we just need a little more time to get it to work

• Upvote 1

My favorite part, was the unspoken part of what he was insinuating. Because this conversation took place after they were talking about how good coaches adapt to the players they have, show thatThat they are flexible, and don’t act like they have all the answers.

Every bit of that and indictment but the Jets failures to find adequate competent leader ship for these teams.

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, doitny said:

they have Brett with Eli and Peyton and i know there is a separate thread for the game but i didn't want this to get buried in it. i think this is interesting and something we should hear.

they were talking about Brett's time with the Jets and how difficult a time Brett had with learning our new system.

he was a west coast offense guy in GB. but we didn't run that. he said if the play was Texan 22, that meant that Texas was the play and 22 was the protection. 

but with us is was opposite. 22 was the play and Texas was the protection. of course he would get it but he said it was difficult. and he had what, 16 years before he got to us? HOFer and he had trouble adjusting.

imagine now rookies having to learn a new system from what they playing in college. it will take time.

imagine going 16 years of your life knowing a green light means go and a red means stop. then you go to another country to live and its opposite. 

even when you think you got it you will still make mistakes for a while till you have more experience with it.

we just need a little more time to get it to work

Well, we did have one QB that couldn't work out those pesky East Coast / West Coast time zone things. ;-) 

• Haha 1