recognize the defensive standouts after 4 games:

- Quinnen Williams: he "no showed" in the first game but in the last three
he's generated 13 Tackles, 3.5 Sacks and 3 TFLs

- John Franklin-Myers: It would be wise for Joe Douglas to contact his agent
now and start talking about an extension.  Because if he continues his
production (15 Tackles, 3 Sacks and 4 TFLs) over a full season he's going to
be very expensive

- And out of the "nursery" secondary Javelin Guidry, Michael Carter and Brandin
Echols have not had their names called.  And for a CB there's nothing better than
never being mentioned during a telecast.  The one "noisy" CB has been Bryce Hall
because of his production (17 Tackles, .5 Sack, 2 TFLs, 3 Passes Defensed).  In
addition his technique has been excellent by crowding WRs to the sideline to limit
their space.  And when Hall has gotten beaten he's been excellent in recovering
and knocking away passes without picking up penalties  

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

5 picks in the 1st 2 rounds next year.  We can take 2 olineman, a tight end, a running back and use on on the defensive side of the ball.

I agree with taking 2 linemen.  But instead of a running back or tight end, I would go with a top wide receiver in the first 2 rounds.  If Davis gets hurt, who is playing on the outside?

Mims may end up being a bust, and Elijah Moore is proving at least to me that he is suited more for the slot.  If Crowder is gone after this season, we need another stud at wide receiver.

1st round:   Right guard and wide receiver.

2nd round:  Center and pick one( Outside linebacker who can rush the QB or cornerback)

3rd round:  Tight End.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

It should be factored in that though they were missing their two best WRs, we were missing both our starting safeties

The Titans were also missing starting safety Amani Hooker, outside linebackers Rashad Weaver and Derick Roberson, intended starting kicker Sam Ficken, intended No. 2 back Darrynton Evans, receiver Marcus Johnson, and starting linebacker Bud Dupree besides their top 2 WRs. 

The point is... playing that game is silly. You beat who is front of you. 

12 hours ago, doitny said:

doesn't matter if the line cant block for them, our RBs were getting hit behind the LOS. i wonder what the stat on that was cause it seem like it happened alot.

Yup.  How many times did we gain 5 or 6 yards on first down, only to lose 2 or 3 on 2nd downa nd end up in 3rd and long.  Gotta eliminate those negative plays in the run game, and maybe we can get something going.  At least this week, we have some reason for optimism while recognizing areas that need improvement.

• Upvote 1

The biggest thing here is the terrible playcalling by our Offensive Coordinator. I mean that roll out at the end ? OMG waht a terribe ******* play call. 

Why do we even have a play like that, not option to throw...its crazy. Im not saying Im not pleased with our progress or even the game plan overall - nothign is perfect, defenses get paid to stop you and all that, BUT how do you call that play?

This was much worse than anything else. No excuse, he has to get better and smarter. Zach was put in really bad spot there.

11 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Disagree.

The backs are fine and they don’t need to he any more than that. A reliable pass catcher/blocker would be nice but if they want to improve the running game then first and foremost they upgrade at Centre and Guard.

A tight end is the most glaring need on offence, especially with the young QB.

Our TE's are straight up garbage!!!!

Mostly happy with a win here and plenty of things to like about the game--especially compared to the past three. 

I was not a fan of a lot of the offensive play calling. Still a lot of headscratchers and had Wilson not put out a few splashy throws I can't see the game producing the same result. The OL seems to be getting better at the blocking scheme as we didn't see the free rushers up the middle while two guys converse nonsense of prior games. 

The defense overall was very good but when TEN turned up the speed they sliced through the defense. 

The goal right now should be to put a better team on the field each week and figure out which pieces don't work. 

An unheralded guy I thought played quite well was Sharrod Neasman.

Just off IR and making his Jets' debut, led the team in snaps at Safety and did a pretty decent job.

Looked solid in coverage and had a key pass break up.

A guy that was with Ulbrich in Atlanta, seems to know his role and is a useful depth piece.

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't know if anybody mentioned it, but what was up with the TD that tied it?  Certainly seemed like a blown coverage.  You can ask anyone in my house.  Batson went in motion and I was yelling 13 is wide open.  Nobody is covering him.  WTF?  etc etc.  

100% blown. They overloaded the left side and no one covered the motion man, presumably because they were in zone and didn't adjust the coverage, but Mosley, Q Williams, and Neasman all had no one to cover.

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2021 at 11:08 PM, jeremy2020 said:

Yea, the Titans don't look like the same team from last season and they were missing two WRs who'd likely make a difference, but it doesn't matter. The Jets beat the team that was on the field in front of them. Something it took them until week 48 last year. 

This. And the Panthers, Pats, and Broncos are also not saying "We beat the Jets but they didnt have Lawson, Jarrad Davis or Behcton

• Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

The biggest thing here is the terrible playcalling by our Offensive Coordinator. I mean that roll out at the end ? OMG waht a terribe ******* play call. 

Why do we even have a play like that, not option to throw...its crazy. Im not saying Im not pleased with our progress or even the game plan overall - nothign is perfect, defenses get paid to stop you and all that, BUT how do you call that play?

This was much worse than anything else. No excuse, he has to get better and smarter. Zach was put in really bad spot there.

I think we are asking a lot for La Fluer and Wilson to be on the same page right out the gate. Rookie head coach, Qb, offensive coordinator , multiple rookie starters on both offense and defense is going to take more than a couple of games to be on track. It is no surprise to me that Mac Jones is looking so efficient as compared to the rest of the rookie class. The difference, stability of the same system for over 20 years . Hopefully we get there .

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/5/2021 at 4:06 AM, Copernicus said:

I think we are asking a lot for La Fluer and Wilson to be on the same page right out the gate. Rookie head coach, Qb, offensive coordinator , multiple rookie starters on both offense and defense is going to take more than a couple of games to be on track. It is no surprise to me that Mac Jones is looking so efficient as compared to the rest of the rookie class. The difference, stability of the same system for over 20 years . Hopefully we get there .

im with you for sure!!