Chris Canty puts Bart Scott in his place.

So Bart Scott, former Jet, usually defends the Jets, tries to come up with something positive regarding our Jets.

Chris Canty (Giants homer and Jet basher) refutes Bart and continues to pile on us. 
And we’re supposed to be rooting for Canty in this debate??

This is a big part (aside from the losing) of why the media will always dump on us and ridicule this team.  We have a big contingent of fans that seem to enjoy get piled on with negativity.  They eat it up….I cannot figure out why we have fans that enjoy when the team gets ripped by media.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, undertow said:

The teams that beat the Pats during the Brady years got pressure up the middle and made Brady move his feet...pretty simple actually.

if the jets put the same pressure on jones as they did in the first game the outcome would've been different.  like bart said, the bellichiken coached the line to reduce that pressure and then ran the ball more and threw to his backs and tight ends.  i don't know that the jets did much different either on offense or defense.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

So Bart Scott, former Jet, usually defends the Jets, tries to come up with something positive regarding our Jets.

What was positive about Scott's comments? He was bashing the Jets for not being prepared. He is right, but he certainly wasn't saying any positive about the players, coaches or franchise. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What was positive about Scott's comments? He was bashing the Jets for not being prepared. He is right, but he certainly wasn't saying any positive about the players, coaches or franchise. 

I apologize, I misunderstood.  I was under the impression he was kind of making an excuse for us.

Theres no excuse for that performance.

15 minutes ago, rangerous said:

if the jets put the same pressure on jones as they did in the first game the outcome would've been different.  like bart said, the bellichiken coached the line to reduce that pressure and then ran the ball more and threw to his backs and tight ends.  i don't know that the jets did much different either on offense or defense.

Good point making adjustments is part of BB greatness but it also exposes how many bad coaches there has been in this league.  I mean when is the last time we have had a coach that makes adjustments?  You would think these things aren't as complicated as they make it seem.

5 hours ago, section314 said:

Don't know how many heard it, but it was on ESPN yesterday afternoon. They were talking about the Jets lack of defense on Sunday. Canty said it's simple, the players  pretty much punked out and didn't show up. Bart then goes on this monologue about how when you are on a team that plays B.B twice, like he was on the Jets, you have to have multiple plans because what he showed first time won't be the same 2nd time. Canty stopped him in his tracks and said "Bart, I was on a team that played B.B twice, once in the regular season and once in the Super Bowl. We won both games."  Was a great  "sit down and shut up fool" moment.

Wasn't Bart himself on a team that got schooled by BB in the regular season and then won an epic playoff game in Foxboro?  COMMON Bart.

This was a layup for BB.

At the start of the game, the camera zoomed in on Sherwood and the announcers said, Mosely is out, Sherwood has the green dot helmet and will call the plays and play middle linebacker.  Sherwood is not a linebacker, he played defensive back in college.

• Upvote 1

like both Bart and Canty on the air.  Was a good line but Canty must have taken a few too many hits if he remembers winning both of those games against the Pats.  They lost the regular season game but it was close.  Stayanoff said that game gave them the confidence that they can win them all and they did knocking out the undefeated patriots in the SB.  Classic mixed emotions in that game but hatred of Pats won out over jealousy of giants.