OC in the booth

WowOhWow

2 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Sure looked like LaFleur was waaaaaay more comfy up in the booth.  Is it possible having him in the booth can have that much of a positive impact?

Maybe being in the booth had some kind of impact but I tend to believe the player change at the most important position in the game was much more impactful. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

Sure looked like LaFleur was waaaaaay more comfy up in the booth.  Is it possible having him in the booth can have that much of a positive impact?

He looked waaaay more comfy because his QB was making quick decisions and taking what the D gave him. 

That doesn’t mean Zach can’t learn to do the same….

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Some coaches need feel of calling from the booth. They like the detached analytical feel it provides. There are lots of emotional influences when coaching from the set sidelines and some coaches get away from what they are really trying to do by letting the emotional influences dictate the calls.

right.  communication is far different hearing it over a head set as opposed to hearing it in person.  so many nuances are passed along by body language.  plus if he was on the sideline to keep a watch on wilson then he's not keeping watch over the rest of the offense.

• Upvote 1

If anyone could not see the difference in play calling early in the game I don’t know what to tell ya.   

no way Wilson could not have done as good a job throwing to wr’s who were wed open because of play call and design.  

I assume everyone is as shocked as I am how well the game was designed and called.  

• Upvote 1