Covid Vaccine Polls

Covid Vaccine Polls  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regret getting the vaccine (assuming you did)?

2. 2. Do you know anyone who had a serious adverse event from the vaccine?

3. 3. In retrospect, do you feel like you were deceived in any way? (e.g. about safety, duration, efficacy, natural immunity)

4. 4. If you have kids 12-18, would you encourage them to get the Covid vaccine?

5. 5. If you have kids aged 5-11, are you going to make them get the Covid vaccine?

• 1 year later...

Thanks for this thread!, been wanting to share this

I got the J & J vaccine in May of 2021 and a day later I was bed ridden with terrible stomach pains. Saw my hematologist and he did tests for blood clots which were negative and he then told me he doubted it was from the shot which left me very skeptical. Then about every 3 -4 months I would get the same pain in the same exact spot which would put me in bed for a day or 2.  The last time it happened, about a year after getting the shot,  and which put me in the hospital for 2 weeks with a partial bowel obstruction  that was inflamed with no known cause.

I told every nurse and doctor I saw in those 2 weeks the J & J story and while the doctors were all silent some nurses would get very interested and then question if I told the doctor. Got the feeling they were seeing many cases like mine related to the shot.

The interesting part is my regular doctor who I had butted heads with when he told me I should get the booster and who warned me I could die without it didn't mention a boosters nor even the flu shot that he usually recommends at my last annual.  I had butted heads with him a year earlier after he got annoyed when I told him my brother's COVID story before refusing the booster.

What happened to my brother was when COVID first hit, and before the release of the vaccine's , his wife and son both got the first strain of COVID. While he cared for them he didn't wear a mask as he figured he was already exposed. After a few days they progressively got worse while he only developed an upset stomach which made him wonder why he wasn't getting sicker. He started to really worry when he could hear it moving down into his sons chest when suddenly it dawned on him why he wasn't getting sick as they were. He had been on a daily Lyme disease protocol prescribed by his doctor since he was diagnosed a few years before and he believed that was protecting him so he immediately put them on it and to his relief they started getting better to where they were over it in about 3 days time. 

His Lyme disease Protocol :  Hydroxychloroquine, Vitamin's C & D ,  and Zinc 

My doctor got annoyed when I asked how they could suddenly make it illegal to prescribe Hydroxychloroquine when It's been used for many years in treating things like Lyme disease. He started saying " It's not peer reviewed" to which I said " it worked for my brother!" .  Interesting fact is the vaccine's could not get Emergency Use Authorization if a viable treatment already existed...  Ain't that somethin!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

When billions of people get a shot there will always be those with bad reactions to a vaccine. And before any of these vaccines were approved there was much testing it went through all of the scientific hoops needed in order to pass and that's for all age groups. The Covid vaccine is probably the safest medicine ever put on the market. There will never be a 100% pill or shot etc that has no side effects or bad reactions including death. I got all of the shots and will get another when the revised Covid vaccine comes out in the fall. And I strongly encouraged all of my immediate family members to get there's and they did. I don't personally know the science but I depend on and trust the recognized scientific community and the gov agencies with approval power like CDC, FDA, etc. When you go to the pharmacy and whether you get over the counter or prescription drugs there has to be a trust factor involved. You don't see the pills being made or understand the contents you have to trust people if you're going to take any medicine or get any kind of doctors service including surgery etc. Of course there will always be those who won't trust anyone. 

• Post of the Week 4

Having worked at Mount Sinai Hospital when Covid first started seeing the pain suffering and worst of all the bodies of the deceased being wheeled into the morgue then the refrigerated trailers lined up along Both Madison and Fifth Avenue because there was no room to place the bodies was an apocalyptic image in which I will never forget. Please everyone get the shot it’s our best  chance to get this virus under control before it spikes again to catastrophic levels   

I’m going for my booster on Tuesday after I’ve gotten all the shots and boosters that have been recommended 

• Post of the Week 2

Much respect and thanks to Crusher, 

I didn't want to cause debate or get the poll locked, just wanted to share my lived medical experience from getting the shot after just finding the thread and taking the poll. 

Covid is real, make your own choices... Peace

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I know, but Jetkwondo asked very nicely in a PM and I also  think it’s possible  he might actually be Chuck Norris

That's a lot more likely than some other things i just read. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

never got the vax, never will and I certainly wouldn't give it to my kids. my employer attempted to force me to get it and gave up when I told them I'd go elsewhere. i've had covid twice - not fun but being sick never is.

the amount of lying and coercion surrounding this whole thing was downright criminal. if they just put it out there and left people to make their own decisions I would have been a lot more likely to get it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Each person deserves to do as much research as they feel fit, and each person deserves to hear as many stories as they want. 

At which point each person deserves to make their own decision for them themself and their family.   No one knows what they're personal health history is, what they are worried about, and how they personally feel.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Each person deserves to do as much research as they feel fit, and each person deserves to hear as many stories as they want. 

At which point each person deserves to make their own decision for them themself and their family.   No one knows what they're personal health history is, what they are worried about, and how they personally feel.

If you refused to get a polio vaccine for yourself or your children when my mother was alive she would have personally slapped the sh*t out of you. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If you refused to get a polio vaccine for yourself or your children when my mother was alive she would have personally slapped the sh*t out of you. 

The cool thing I like about the polio vaccine is it mostly prevents you from getting polio. They lied and told us the covid vax would do the same at first. Then they gaslighted everyone and claimed they never said that. Many people believe them and I won't be the least bit surprised to see someone argue this point here.

It was so strange and unnerving to see masses of people believe the gaslighting. I think mostly it just concerns me that it's so easy for large segments of the population to be manipulated right in front of our eyes.

The claim now is that you have less severe cases of covid if you are vaxxed. Maybe that is true but I don't understand how you could prove that. Since it effects everyone differently how do you compare the severity of vaxxed vs. non-vaxxed w/the same strain? Maybe just another lie like it prevents you from getting it.

Seems like a useless "vaccine" to me but I'm just a mouth breathing idiot face terrible person who wants grandmas to die.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Good for her.

I stand by my stance that I will do what is best for my family, with my value systems and my obvious trust of big pharma to never, ever lie about side effects or how well something works.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Good for her.

I stand by my stance that I will do what is best for my family, with my value systems and my obvious trust of big pharma to never, ever lie about side effects or how well something works.

I have no issue with you moving to a hole in the ground in the Yukon and home schooling your kids.  

22 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Good for her.

many vaccines work best if everyone takes them.  that being said - America is the home of the free and so folks are going to be reluctant to get a shot (at least some of them).

35 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The cool thing I like about the polio vaccine is it mostly prevents you from getting polio. They lied and told us the covid vax would do the same at first. Then they gaslighted everyone and claimed they never said that. Many people believe them and I won't be the least bit surprised to see someone argue this point here.

It was so strange and unnerving to see masses of people believe the gaslighting. I think mostly it just concerns me that it's so easy for large segments of the population to be manipulated right in front of our eyes.

The claim now is that you have less severe cases of covid if you are vaxxed. Maybe that is true but I don't understand how you could prove that. Since it effects everyone differently how do you compare the severity of vaxxed vs. non-vaxxed w/the same strain? Maybe just another lie like it prevents you from getting it.

Seems like a useless "vaccine" to me but I'm just a mouth breathing idiot face terrible person who wants grandmas to die.

totally agree with you on so easy of large segments to be manipulated. 

can you believe that Jenny McCarthy - a high school graduate whose claim to fame was appearing naked in a magazine was able to convince tens of millions of people that vaccines cause autism.

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

totally agree with you on so easy of large segments to be manipulated. 

can you believe that Jenny McCarthy - a high school graduate whose claim to fame was appearing naked in a magazine was able to convince tens of millions of people that vaccines cause autism.

not surprised at all considering there's a ton of people who believe the same about a lot of vaccines.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

never got the vax, never will and I certainly wouldn't give it to my kids. my employer attempted to force me to get it and gave up when I told them I'd go elsewhere. i've had covid twice - not fun but being sick never is.

the amount of lying and coercion surrounding this whole thing was downright criminal. if they just put it out there and left people to make their own decisions I would have been a lot more likely to get it.

the COVID strain has gotten progressively weaker - and so the debate going forward is pretty much done regarding vaccines.  plus most people have gotten it so there is some immunity already.

To me, it's hard to not see that healthy folks in their 40s/50s who had the vaccine didn't die from covid.  

the vast majority of people in their 40s/50s who died were unhealthy (overweight etc) and didn't take the vaccine.  at least that's what I saw.

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I would assume there is a couple few steps one would try before then. Haha   

The Covid vaccine tends to be a cover for anti-vaxers not to get their kids vacinated for a variety of really terrible deseases.  Some of them are starting to come back.

The Covid vaccine was developed pretty quickly and it really hasn't been as effective as advertised.  It has been safe and effective and for a huge majority of people it gave some protection to themselves and their fellow earthlings.  A huge net benifit.

Sadly the same arguments against Covid vaccines are being used against a variety of vaccines that are generally required to put your kids in schools.  Were seeing more and more opt outs and the reemergence of some deseases that were mostly eradicated.  

If I had young kids in public or private schools I would be very concerned about it.  My parents were terrified of us getting polio.  It was a real fear.  Mumps, Scarlet fever, tuberclosis, measles are coming back.  A lot of it is simply the choice parents are making not to vaccinate based on pure speculative propoganda.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

The Covid vaccine tends to be a cover for anti-vaxers not to get their kids vacinated for a variety of really terrible deseases.  Some of them are starting to come back.

The Covid vaccine was developed pretty quickly and it really hasn't been as effective as advertised.  It has been safe and effective and for a huge majority of Americans gave some protection to themselves and their fellow earthlings.  A huge net benifit.

Sadly the same arguments against Covid vaccines are being used against a variety of vaccines that are generally required to put your kids in schools.  Were seeing more and more opt outs and the reemergence of some deseases that were mostly eradicated.  

If I had young kids in public or private schools I would be very concerned about it.  My parents were terrified of us getting polio.  It was a real fear.  Mumps, Scarlet fever, tuberclosis, measles are coming back.  A lot of it is simply the choice parents are making not to vaccinate based on pure speculative propoganda.  

I caught  the obesity as a young child. Life long battle. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

I've tried frying it and putting a small amount under a NY strip.  

I could eat a little bit in hot and sour soup as long I lm not exactly sure what I’m eating. I just make believe it’s something  less gross like an insect larvae. 

• Haha 1

Actually the Mrna vaccines were developed over many years Operation Warp Speed financed them pushed them forward faster but they were pretty much ready. This technology also might be used for other illnesses including types of cancer. Theres been a lot of disinformation esp now with the internet. But imo the worst is on Covid, vaccines and the pandemic. Over a million people have died in the US alone already so it's no joke. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Covid vaccine was developed pretty quickly and it really hasn't been as effective as advertised.  It has been safe and effective and for a huge majority of people it gave some protection to themselves and their fellow earthlings.  A huge net benifit.

Why does someone need to get vaccinated for your vaccine to work? You bring up polio, if you or your kids are vaccinated against polio why would you care if someone else isn't? 

Is that not the entire point of getting vaccinated?

• Post of the Week 2

28 minutes ago, RobR said:

Why does someone need to get vaccinated for your vaccine to work? You bring up polio, if you or your kids are vaccinated against polio why would you care if someone else isn't? 

Is that not the entire point of getting vaccinated?

I'm not a sociopath.  

9 minutes ago, RobR said:

It was a simple straightforward question that a simple answer like I have no common sense would have sufficed.

I gave you a simple straightforward answer.  People have a right not to care about the general wellfare of children.  They don't have the right to abuse them.