Official JN Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Smizzy

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, are you looking for a handicap? Keep in mind, you've got more picks than I do in this draft ;)

Millen isn't going to draft another Day 1 WR. There's nowhere to put him. All the WR spots are taken, on the roster.

You got the handicap, not me. Picking in the nineteenth slot of each round is a lot harder than the ninth slot.

That being said the San Diego Chargers had an outstanding day one. My second and third round picks filled big needs fo the Chargers with the BAP available when I picked. Vince Young gave me the best QB depth in the league. Whoever starts at QB for the Chargers will have to earn it.

Crap.... I hope I'm up soon.... spent the day with some house guests (yeah, I'm bona-fide Irish decent) and I need a f'n nap. Jameson, Guinness, corned beef n cabbage, soda bread.... I'm fat, dumb, full, Irish, and drunk. Git of yer arses! make a couple picks, or I'll take ya's out to the shed! :Cuss:

OK people, feel free to judge my day one.

Nick Mangold C OSU

Reggie McNeal QB/WR A&M

Tai Parham OLB UV

2 starters for the defending champs?

:yahoo:

I like the Mangold and Parham picks, but I think you took McNeal a few rounds too early.

Where the hell is Young Gerbil Fan?

:spongebob:

Here I come to save the day.

Two of my favorite college players just joined my mock draft in Safety Roman Harper and Pass Rushing Stud Mark Anderson. The man who beat D'Brick like a rented mule in the senior bowl.

I've got another pick coming in this round and I have an early pick in The 5th round as well.

With Wimbley and Anderson in the fold. Two stud pass rushers that will clearly help New England with the departure of McGinest and Chad Brown.

I got The Pats a highly ranked feature back in Joseph Addai and I got them a big WR with big play ability in Demetrius Williams. I also got them a hard hitting leader type in the secondary in Roman Harper. He should do a nice job next to Harrison, Wilson, Samuel and the boys in the secondary.

I have more work to do in this draft.

I like the Mangold and Parham picks, but I think you took McNeal a few rounds too early.

Thanks for critiquing my picks. The reason i took McNeal in round 2 was that i was afraid someone else would grab him up because he was the highest rated QB (by many scouts) left on the board. I didn't want anyone to steal my next WR. ;):lol:

Took Ryan Cook..... not only is he a center, he's a project OT. Pace and Barron aren't getting any younger, and he supplies some depth at three O line spots for the Rams. Like most prospects at this point in the draft, he isn't a ready made starter, but he is a weight room beast, and could be good if he gets coached to where he can bring all those weight room measurables onto the field. At 6'5", he has the frame to add some poundage.

Took Ryan Cook..... not only is he a center, he's a project OT. Pace and Barron aren't getting any younger, and he supplies some depth at three O line spots for the Rams. Like most prospects at this point in the draft, he isn't a ready made starter, but he is a weight room beast, and could be good if he gets coached to where he can bring all those weight room measurables onto the field. At 6'5", he has the frame to add some poundage.

Good pick. I read up on him while i was searching for players earlier. He's got potential.

Barron was drafted in the first round last year...How much younger do you want him to be? Still a good pick just not for the reason you said

Barron was drafted in the first round last year...How much younger do you want him to be? Still a good pick just not for the reason you said

Yeah, call it injury insurance in Barron's case..... Pace is no where near the end of his career either, but the Rams needed some depth, and Cook supplies that at center and both tackle spots. He's a project though, in any case.... not a guy who will be ready to start, but there aren't any 4th rounders that are ready to start either, unless it's a punter.

Note: No Nugent wise cracks please.

Get over yourself already. Try drafting for a team that has 11 holes who's "forced" into taking a position that's not a need with their first pick (#1 in the draft) & then pat yourself on the back. When you have 5 guys equally ranked & all of them fill a position of need then you've got actual decisions to make.

If I was drafting for need-only, I'd have taken Brick #1 since Domanick Davis is more than adequate at HB. So should I have passed on Reggie Bush b/c he doesn't fill a hole? Pass on the "it" player? Nonsense.

I secured Reggie Bush with temptation to fill a hole at LT there with Brick;

Antonio Cromartie/Daniel Bullocks: with Dunta Robinson, turned their secondary from pass-at-will to pass-at-your-own-risk;

Still got Daryn Colledge who I think will be an excellent LT;

Mark Setterstrom - perfect for Kubiak's zone blocking & addresses the loss of Milford Brown.

I'm Just Goofin, SE ... harmless draft smack ... it's all in good fun :wink:

A lot of people have had really good drafts so far...To hell with the Nugent pic,I'm more excited about the fact that come April the Jets will begin rebuilding the team in a draft as deep as this one. We are going to be adding some serious talent to the team.

If it weren't for his sizable off field issues, o'l tear it up Dusty would have gone much earlier. He's already been through rehab! He put some guy in a coma not too long ago when he was blitzed. He's one of those Jeckyl and Hyde drinkers.... a deans list student, smart, academic awards, etc.... when he drinks, he's a nut job.

sorry about last night guys, didn't think my pick was going to be coming up, so i didnt bother leaving a list, and i was wrong, so im sorry--thanks for picking for me though faba.

Do not sweat it it was a Friday night St Patty's day - we should have called a halt early especially on a Friday night

Archived