Official JN Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Smizzy

Alston was a great pick. He is high on my list. I am surprised you took Sheffler over him though.

Thanks Hasty, much appreciated

The Sheffler pick is very ironic, because R44 made the pick but it was exactly the player I had targeted in that spot ... classic case of the draft daddies thinking alike

If I had to miss my pick, I was thrilled and very lucky that R44 tabbed the exact same player I had in mind

But thanks for the compliment on Alston ... Ian Gold had a blown out knee two years ago and the Broncos are perilously thin at OLB behind DJ and Gold, and they needed to add more than one Safety in my view as well, so that made Alston a very good fit as an OLB/SS tweener who runs a 4.4

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Hammer, glad to know I picked the exact player you wanted....:yahoo:

First I checked the Broncos depth chart....then I checked the picks you made.

It was just no brainer that TE was a glaring need......And another no-brainer Scheffler would be next....He could go as high as the latter part of round 2, early round 3.

Quite an athlete at 6' 5'.....Was a right fielder in college, as well as a top tight end....His older cousin played 7 seasons in the NBA.

Alston is another very good pick. Ham picked him in the right spot -- latter part of the 4th.

Alston has amazing speed and agility for a linebacker, but his playing weight is only about 220 pounds and he mostly played on the line at Stanford (designated blitzer/de-facto DE)....

So he'll either need to add weight to play LB or drop weight and be a DB....Either way, he wont be a DE in the Pros, so he'll need to learn to play in space in NFL (he's never had to cover anyone) -- Hence, early Day 2 is a nice fit for him.

P.S: BTY, I answered Jetlags question via PM, so no one thinks I'm "ignoring a Net friends question" :Typotux:

Whitehurst in the fifth was a great value there, Ikey, need or not. This would make a ton of sense if N.O. goes with brees and doesn't draft another QB at 2.

When I took Dvoracek in round four Whitehurst was literally the next player on my board. I was seriously thinking he would be there for my next pick when he slid to round five.

Thanks ham, and lol troll.

I dont have a draft pick until the 7th rd, so I was happy to go out with a bang with my 5th rder.

Forgot I couldn't make comments in the selection thread.

Nice pick. Sounds like your typical Bill Cowher/Steelers move.

Well,Seattle deciding to not match Hutchinson's offer sheet certainly makes my Degory pick worse. He's still a good backup plan should Birk have trouble coming back,but had I known Seattle wasn't gonna match,I almost definitely would have gone another way.

Anyone else surprised that Brandon Marshall fell to the mid-fifth round? I had expected him to go in the fourth. :confused:

Before the draft started I would have been more surprised. With the chance to do more research on the players taken earlier I can see why he slipped a bit.

Good pick here IMHO.

im sorry, i was on this morning, but i just check the first page to see who was the last to pick, and since it showed the jets, i figured it would be a while since bartons in school...i'll have to start keeping an eye on the last page as well

im sorry, i was on this morning, but i just check the first page to see who was the last to pick, and since it showed the jets, i figured it would be a while since bartons in school...i'll have to start keeping an eye on the last page as well

Do not worry we are doing our best though to keep this flowing without too much down time before everyone gets bored

R44, I'm glad we had that discussion...I wasn't able to get to a computer for a while today and Andre Hall was in fact my next choice...I was logging on hoping I'd be OTC and he'd be available. Thanks a lot man.

R44, I'm glad we had that discussion...I wasn't able to get to a computer for a while today and Andre Hall was in fact my next choice...I was logging on hoping I'd be OTC and he'd be available. Thanks a lot man.

Thank you. A bitter/sweet pick....

Bitter in the sense that my friend Hammer had confided to me in a PM today he wanted him for Denver....

But good in the sense I was able to remember how much you liked him as player....The minute I saw your time was running out, I knew he was the player you wanted....

BTY, Hammer will still wind up with a very good player, way things are breaking...:Typotux:

San Diego

Needs

1. Offensive Tackle

2. Safety

3. Wide Receiver

19. 19. San Diego Chargers -{James Hasty}-Vice Young QB Texas

50. 18. San Diego Chargers -Donte Whither -SS Ohio St

81. 17.San Diego - Derek Hagans- WR Arizona St.

112. San Diego-Dusty Dvoracek DE/DT Oklahoma

147. San Diego Guy Whimper OT East Carolina

Two sixth rounders and two seventh rounders left

Not bad, not bad at all

San Diego

Needs

1. Offensive Tackle

2. Safety

3. Wide Receiver

19. 19. San Diego Chargers -{James Hasty}-Vice Young QB Texas

50. 18. San Diego Chargers -Donte Whither -SS Ohio St

81. 17.San Diego - Derek Hagans- WR Arizona St.

112. San Diego-Dusty Dvoracek DE/DT Oklahoma

147. San Diego Guy Whimper OT East Carolina

Two sixth rounders and two seventh rounders left

Not bad, not bad at all

Put Vince Young at WR and your draft looks better.

Ham.... lay off my players.... I wanted LeKevin Smith badly.... almost took him this round, but thought he might slip.... one of the very few potential 3-4 NT's. Would have been a great pick for the Rams.

I have miscalculated some of my sleepers that I thought would fall, like Smith. I won't make that mistake again!

Archived