Official JN Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Smizzy

1. Vince Young will be one of the top ten players in the draft.

2. There is no way in hell that I let KC take Young at # 20 if I am San Diego.

Think about it Hasty...combine Herm with a QB who scored a 6 on the wonderlic would be all KC could hope for.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The VY pick makes no sense to me. If Rivers sucks they're going to need someone who can step in sooner rather than later. And VY is not one who will be ready sooner. Would've been a good pick (& more appropriate) for KC who still have a good year or two with Trent Green & at that $ rather than top-5 money, he can hold a clipboard for the better part of two years.

And with KC allegedly about to sign TO, I can't see KC going anywhere but defense in round one. VY would've been the exception if he fell that far.

actually, i took chad jackson based on the TO rumor, otherwise i might have taken someone else (but probably not)...

wide receivers take at least a year or two (with few exceptions) to hit their stride, and jackson is only a junior...meanwhile, TO is not a long term situation, i dont see him signing more than a 3 year deal...thus, jackson has time to develop since he doesnt have to step in and be the immediate number one...plus, he's got all the makings of a stud receiver anyway, and nobody on that offense is getting any younger...

thats my logic at least...just wish young fell one more spot...

Think about it Hasty...combine Herm with a QB who scored a 6 on the wonderlic would be all KC could hope for.

Good point but the first rule of drafting is .... when in doubt, take the QB.

I could see you guys ripping me if I took Young in the top 10 but at 19? That's not a steal, its grand larceny.

Dont' take it personally... it was an honest mistake, the edit in your post. Smizzy just might have missed the pick, is all. The reason for the no talking about players who haven't been drafted yet is so that no one's strategy is spoiled. Let's say you wanted to draft player A, and it's a sleeper, but someone mentions them in the thread, and then they're picked right before you pick. It'd totally piss you off, right? That's why the rule is in effect.

Bingo. It's for your own good and the sake of the draft...not because Im a dicknozzle.

you were right this time. I was worng. But in the end....I still love you raffyD.

And my man crush for you has not been diminished in anyway!

Back to the draft discussion. KC desperately needs a WR, that's why I thought it will end up being the best pick of the 1st round based on need plus where the guy was taken. Seriously, first WR to go in the draft and it's at #19 or 20??? That has been unheard of the last few years.

Good point but the first rule of drafting is .... when in doubt, take the QB.

I could see you guys ripping me if I took Young in the top 10 but at 19? That's not a steal, its grand larceny.

Grand larceny = steal ;)

I don't think they're ripping the slot where VY was drafted... just the team that drafted him. Like, the Chargers didn't need another young QB, as they had Rivers. Myself? I don't mind the pick, as there won't be any expectations for VY. IT might be one of the ideal places for him to fall. While the Chargers could have went a different direction, there weren't any WR's (in my mind) that would have been good enough to take. They really don't need any tackles, on the offensive line... they might have been able to use some defense though. But, then again, everyone else needs defense too.

Grand larceny = steal ;)

I don't think they're ripping the slot where VY was drafted... just the team that drafted him. Like, the Chargers didn't need another young QB, as they had Rivers. Myself? I don't mind the pick, as there won't be any expectations for VY. IT might be one of the ideal places for him to fall. While the Chargers could have went a different direction, there weren't any WR's (in my mind) that would have been good enough to take. They really don't need any tackles, on the offensive line... they might have been able to use some defense though. But, then again, everyone else needs defense too.

Grand larceny = steal lots

WR is actually a high priority for San Diego but looking at the top WRs in the draft I dind't see how one was that much better than the others.

I was actually thinking about Bunckley before the draft started but he was gone and I would have taken Young anyway.

RB was a good choice for the Vikings...Fiason,Taylor,and Moore;none of them are anything special. Not only is Deangelo Williams great value at 17,but he would give the Vikings a caliber of back they haven't had since Robert Smith Retired.

so how the hell did vince young drop that far?

whoever is drafting for arizona should be shot...no way denny green passes on him...

Vince Young will not amount to jack **** in the NFL. The Cardinals need a franchise tackle a lot more than they need a 3-year QB project that will be out of the league in 5.

RB was a good choice for the Vikings...Fiason,Taylor,and Moore;none of them are anything special. Not only is Deangelo Williams great value at 17,but he would give the Vikings a caliber of back they haven't had since Robert Smith Retired.

That is a good point. Williams is a legit top 10 talent.

Vince Young will not amount to jack **** in the NFL. The Cardinals need a franchise tackle a lot more than they need a 3-year QB project that will be out of the league in 5.

i'm not arguing one persons perceptions of vince young vs. anothers...to act like denny green wont draft vince young because you dont like him is foolish...no chance in hell he gets past the cardinals at 10, regardless of what you think...

i'm not arguing one persons perceptions of vince young vs. anothers...to act like denny green wont draft vince young because you dont like him is foolish...no chance in hell he gets past the cardinals at 10, regardless of what you think...

But this draft isn't graded based on realism of the players you pick for that team. Its graded on quality of the draft,so if Troll doesn't like Vince Young,he has no incentive whatsoever to take him.

But this draft isn't graded based on realism of the players you pick for that team. Its graded on quality of the draft,so if Troll doesn't like Vince Young,he has no incentive whatsoever to take him.

aint that something...my bad...troll, i dont really think you should be shot then...

If we were drafting based on what we think the GM/coach would actually do in that spot, then yes, I would have taken Vince Young.

I consider myself a better GM than Dennis Green though.

BTW, does Fake 80 even post here anymore? I have a feeling this pick could be OTC for awhile.

What's the problem? You can pick whoever you want with your pick.

I happen to think Vince Young is ass and will bust . Thats my opinion and im entitled to it. I also don't have to pick him if I don't want to.

It's that simple.

If we were drafting based on what we think the GM/coach would actually do in that spot, then yes, I would have taken Vince Young.

I consider myself a better GM than Dennis Green though.

BTW, does Fake 80 even post here anymore? I have a feeling this pick could be OTC for awhile.

He was signed in, and I PM'ed him... then he signed off... that sounds awfully familiar.... but anyway, if he doesn't post his pick soon, we'll figure something out, just to get this moving.

He was signed in, and I PM'ed him... then he signed off... that sounds awfully familiar.... but anyway, if he doesn't post his pick soon, we'll figure something out, just to get this moving.

Im not in the mood today to play games. He has till 4:47 pm to pick or we replace him .

Guys, this is terrible. One and a half days and the draft is only mid way?

Why do people get involved in this if they're not going to be around or don't have their selections ready?

Smizzy, 19, thanks for the invite, but I think I'll pass. This is taking up too much of my time.

Why do people get involved in this if they're not going to be around or don't have their selections ready?

Smizzy, 19, thanks for the invite, but I think I'll pass. This is taking up too much of my time.

you're sorry but you quit? Cool.

Nah that's wrong man ... don't be a quitter ... common MJ, just stick it out

As for me, I'm here and ready to make the next pick ... and I'll hang till it's my turn ... no rush

Smizzy,

I will PM you my pick list for the Seahawks (maybe you can forward it to another co-commish, if needed). Sorry about last night, started to feel ill and went to bed early....I should have PMed you my Cards pick. I will be here to stick it thru all 7 rds.

WW85

Smizzy,

I will PM you my pick list for the Seahawks (maybe you can forward it to another co-commish, if needed). Sorry about last night, started to feel ill and went to bed early....I should have PMed you my Cards pick. I will be here to stick it thru all 7 rds.

WW85

Thank you WW85. No worries about yesterday. Just get me that list ,homeslice.

you're sorry but you quit? Cool.

Smizzy, should the first round take TWO damn days? The mock draft stuff has been beaten to death for weeks, months. People should know who the hell they want.

If this takes two damn days, how long will round 6 take, a month?

Jet Moses gave me a list 4 days ago. I edited the pick and made his seclection.

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks Smizzy. :cheers:

I had Vince Young #1 on the BAP but I just couldn't take him with Vick and Schaub on the depth chart.

I took Len Dale because a few years ago, the Bills took McGahee and everybody thought they were crazy 'cos they had Travis Henry. Well, we know how that turned out. I wasn't going to take another first round CB after DeAngelo, neither. That would be way too much money dumped in the secondary.

Len Dale White will be a force in the NFL. I can pick up a safety in round two or three.

We are doing this for fun- so lets keep it in perspective- myself and others are not online 24 hours- stupid things like family and work get in the way- lets just keep it for what it is -to make picks as if you were the GM and not be so serious about it like life and death

Smizzy, should the first round take TWO damn days? The mock draft stuff has been beaten to death for weeks, months. People should know who the hell they want.

If this takes two damn days, how long will round 6 take, a month?

I wasn't gonna say anything Smiz but dump all the retards holding up the parade. We got people who are on this board 24/7 who didn't sign-up for the draft but maybe we need to recruit a few of these people to replace them.

Archived