Francesa on Giants

9 hours ago, glenn31 said:

Yeah, those one & dones or 2nd round collapses (at best) from '83-'96 just screamed "contender" lol... Put the sour apple Kool Aid down and stop kidding yourself.

And I left the 1997 team out of the conversation because as much as the end of that season sucked, every Jet fan knew the worm was turning in our favor beginning with that '97 squad.

Just saw your sig.  I LOVE the trees.  BIG Rush fan here. I had wine with them in 2012. Was a special invite to their show.   Have seen them 10 times or more…. 1st time in 78 at Palladium. The Hemispheres tour. 

Francesa is a jackass and nothing will change that. During the Rex years when he was on his anti Jet rants - he had a show where he asked Jet fans to call in and give their opinions on why he was wrong for constantly attacking the Jets. One caller who I remember sounded like an older guy and clearly had some development issues was trying to give his viewpoint and Francesa was just abusing and mocking him. At first I thought it was some guy pulling a prank on him but as the call went on - it was clear it was not. He either did not care or did not have the sense to understand what was going on and stop with the condescending attitude.

To be fair to him - I always thought his Sunday morning football show was his best work - he was a different guy because he was not trying to fire people up for ratings.

45 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

He earned your respect because he took pictures?

I've been around a lot of celebrities over the years from all genres...sports, music, literary, film, TV, you name it ..I either worked for them or with them...that said, it is extremely rare in my experience that anyone would have done what Mike did that day...he not only took photos for 3 hours but had a conversation with all of the folks and was genuinely appreciative of them coming to the event...approachable kind and courteous...you just don't see that sort of behavior...end of story. 

2 hours ago, heymangold said:

I’m all seriousness, cause I see a lot about the soda for the fan appreciation thing. What did the jets do for fan appreciation?

Nothing would be better than offering a "medium" soda.  Not even a large.  Guess the extra 2 cent cost to the Giants for a "large" would have bankrolled them.  Think that was the part that annoyed so many

The Jets started out 10-1 and were blowing teams out. They blew out the Broncos (who won the AFC title) on Monday night in week 6-7 and sacked Elway multiple times. The Giants were 9-2 after 11 weeks and were wining close games.  The NY metro area was prepping for a potential subway SB. Then the Jets had some injuries and fell completely apart, losing 5 in a row to finish 10-6 while the Giants won out to go 14-2.  And the Giants went on to win the SB while the Jets lost in the divisional round.  But for the first 11 weeks, the Jets were the best team with the best record in the NFL.  

The curse of Big Al McGuire I was 9, and remember that season vividly… that team was on a roll. Until it wasn’t

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, heymangold said:

I’m all seriousness, cause I see a lot about the soda for the fan appreciation thing. What did the jets do for fan appreciation?

Seem to remember getting a scarf 1 year. Might have been others but since December home games are basically meaningless the last God knows how many years, I typically stay home.

2 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

The curse of Big Al McGuire I was 9, and remember that season vividly… that team was on a roll. Until it wasn’t

I watched the broadcast and he made the prediction that the Jets would lose the remaining 5 games from the parking lot. He played for the Bills but I do not remember if we were playing them that day. Not important but it was Paul Mcguire. Al was coach of Marquette. 

• Sympathy 1

I watched the broadcast and he made the prediction that the Jets would lose the remaining 5 games from the parking lot. He played for the Bills but I do not remember if we were playing them that day. Not important but it was Paul Mcguire. Al was coach of Marquette. 

I remember listening to that with my dad.. I couldn’t believe that he said that. It got me so upset. He was spot on?

2 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

I remember listening to that with my dad.. I couldn’t believe that he said that. It got me so upset. He was spot on?

That is what pissed off so many Jets fans including myself - that he was right and as each week went on would make sure he would bring it up on the telecast. IF I remember correctly - we beat KC in the first round of the playoffs

• Sympathy 1

That is what pissed off so many Jets fans including myself - that he was right and as each week went on would make sure he would bring it up on the telecast. IF I remember correctly - we beat KC in the first round of the playoffs

Yes. Than lost to the browns in double OT Gastineau. Year before that we had very good team. We were also pretty fun to watch back than too