It’s Happening Now

ncjetman

17 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Why are your standards this low?

Also, it is straight up bizarre how people want to reset the clock for Douglas. Never seen a single person claiming macc with Gase was actually gonna be year 1. Never ever seen it with any team or GM with people trying to erase a GMs history to claim a new year 1. One of the most bizarre defense narratives I have ever seen.

People now trying to run the narrative Douglas first draft wasnt on him.

The cult behaviour behind this guy needs to be studied.

Again, Jet fans just dont understand what a true rebuild is.  Saleh even said it in his press conference.  Hahahahaha.

When adam gase was brought here, we werent rebuilding.  Mac was handing out huge contracts to bell, mosely etc.

Jet fans love saying, “We have been rebuilding for 20 years.”  They think that because you go 4-12, you are rebuilding.  But the fact is, we have NEVER done a true rebuild until this year.

Losing and being a bad team year in and year out doesnt not mean the team is rebuilding.  Drafting a qb high in the draft does not mean a team is rebuilding.  Jet fans just cannot understand this.  Its mindboggling.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Why are your standards this low?

Also, it is straight up bizarre how people want to reset the clock for Douglas. Never seen a single person claiming macc with Gase was actually gonna be year 1. Never ever seen it with any team or GM with people trying to erase a GMs history to claim a new year 1. One of the most bizarre defense narratives I have ever seen.

People now trying to run the narrative Douglas first draft wasnt on him.

The cult behaviour behind this guy needs to be studied.

Never seen it?  People did it with Maccagnan all the time.  After the playoff failure of the "competitive rebuild" in 2015, people said 2016 was the first year of the rebuild.  Then when he got a QB, 2018 was the first year of the rebuild.  Can't have a proper rebuild until you have your QB.  Then 2019 he was finally free of the shackles of Bowles and . . .

The moves Douglas makes appear to be rational and keep the future open.  The 2020 draft looks like sh*t.  I truly don't know how much influence Gase had on those selections, but I do believe that Becton, Mims and Davis were all more suited to the prior coaches than these.  Still, the fact that we can question the work ethic of the top two picks is very concerning.  At some point soon he will have to sh*t or get off the pot and make the future now, but I understand people appreciating him

This is literally what every newb has posted  right at the end of the first year of a new regime.

sorry pal ain’t no newbie - been on these boards back to the jetsinsider days - sorry the only critique you can muster is to
try to invalidate it all by saying i’m too new to have any valid thoughts - another great job by a super sophisticated poster

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

200.gif

I think - think! - we have the right GM in place. LaFleur and Saleh have shown enough this year, in both growth and talent, that I'm looking forward to their development. And Wilson's recent development has been encouraging.
But come on, man. Since coming back from injury, Wilson is still completing less than 60% of his passes, averaging less than 6YPA, and has thrown less than a TD per game. Can't come close to calling him a franchise QB yet.
On D, similar issues. Could Hall develop into a true No. 1 CB? Possibly. Is he there yet? No. The play of the young secondary has been encouraging, but nowhere near good enough, safety is a wasteland (after investing two premium picks into it 5 years ago, what a damn tragedy), our LBs are below average, and we desperately need a dominant pass rusher to unlock the rest of this DL. Ulbrich has been mediocre at best. Nothing to do on specials? Our K is useless above 50 yards, and that's a massive improvement over the past 2 years, where they were just useless. Overstating the bright side on this team just kills your credibility on the rest of it. 

i’m not overstating anything - a kicker problem can and i’m sure will be addressed easily enough - seriously although a problem
this year really the least of it - you can continue to be as negative as you
want to be - i’m going to enjoy this ride

8 hours ago, ncjetman said:

sorry pal ain’t no newbie - been on these boards back to the jetsinsider days - sorry the only critique you can muster is to
try to invalidate it all by saying i’m too new to have any valid thoughts - another great job by a super sophisticated poster

Well excuse me Mr Grumpy Pants

22 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Again, Jet fans just dont understand what a true rebuild is.  Saleh even said it in his press conference.  Hahahahaha.

When adam gase was brought here, we werent rebuilding.  Mac was handing out huge contracts to bell, mosely etc.

Jet fans love saying, “We have been rebuilding for 20 years.”  They think that because you go 4-12, you are rebuilding.  But the fact is, we have NEVER done a true rebuild until this year.

Losing and being a bad team year in and year out doesnt not mean the team is rebuilding.  Drafting a qb high in the draft does not mean a team is rebuilding.  Jet fans just cannot understand this.  Its mindboggling.

Terrible poster.