Will Zach Do Better vs. Buffalo's Defense than Mike White Did?

Warfish

Will Zach Do Better vs. Buffalo's Defense than Mike White Did?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Will Zach Do Better vs. Buffalo's Defense than Mike White Did?

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

But it wasn't my comparison. :confused:

I didn't raise these HOF guys, Slim did.  As examples of how QB's can make big leaps in year 2.

Asking if ZW can be like 2 HOF QBs sounds like comparing a big leap to playing like a HOF QB.  Like comparing Carter to B Sanders

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm cool with passing on the QB's in this draft, but we do really need to add a veteran who can legitimately compete for the job.  Jameis Winston, Trubisky, Tyrod Taylor, Fitzpatrick and Teddy Bridgewater are all scheduled to be FA's this offseason.  And I imagine Gardner Minshew could be acquired fairly cheaply via trade if none of those options are "good enough".

Golden Girls Lol GIF by HULU

I'd be down with the Garden Shrew though.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Golden Girls Lol GIF by HULU

I'd be down with the Garden Shrew though.

Not saying Fitz is my top choice!  Jameis, Minshew and Trubisky are my top 3 options. 

But in his last 2 years as a starter, Fitz threw 33 TD's to 21 INTs.  He's a viable QB if you need him under center.  Period.  

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If that truly is an assumption that Douglas needs to make, then he needs to be looking to either upgrade the QB position this offseason OR at least bring in legitimate competition.  If you believe your QB is Andy Dalton, its already a sunk cost.  

Moreover, whether Douglas thinks Wilson is Andy Dalton or not, acquiring more talent on offense is a necessity regardless.  There's no reason not to.  He has seemingly endless resources at his fingertips this offseason.  

I think it's a sound principle for building a team around a second year QB, period.  Sure, absolutely bring in "legitimate competition" / a better back up QB.  But you and I both know that Wilson deserves, and will get, minimum 12 more starts before an opinion is formed on his future.  They should use the endless resources to make Wilson's life easier (and, oh, to win some ******* games for a change).

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not saying Fitz is my top choice!  Jameis, Minshew and Trubisky are my top 3 options. 

But in his last 2 years as a starter, Fitz threw 33 TD's to 21 INTs.  He's a viable QB if you need him under center.  Period.  

I'd take them all before Fitz again. Even the lobster thief. I don't much like deja vu.

I'd even prefer a Mike White SZN over Fitzpatrick SZN Part Deux.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK, but if he produced, no one would want him off the team for being a D-Bag.  I'm tired of QB's getting 2nd and 3rd chances from fans (and I assume some coaches) because they're "nice kids".  They get paid millions upon millions to produce on  the field.  Not be good guys. 

And quite a few of the best QB's in the league, past and present, are total d*cks, anyways.  See:  Brady, Rodgers, Favre, and Rivers, among others.  Peyton could be a real a$$hole too.  I've also heard over the years that Brees and Stafford aren't exactly the best guys.  

You are starting to sound like @pleasefireSelahnow

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is code for "I have no argument against anything you're saying right now, so I'm just going to compare you to an annoying poster to try to make you feel bad."

Not going to work on me, sir.  

My bad, didn't mean for it to come out that way.

My point is that players like Rodgers and Manning had the excuse of being good QBs while not being the greatest people. Rosen was not only a D-bag, but he sucked too. Zach might suck, but he isn't both. Zach hasn't alienated the players around him like Rosen did. I could care less if Zach was a jerk, as long as he was good. But the fact that he makes the people around him feel better makes up for his sucking as a rookie. That won't be the case year 2.