Will Zach Do Better vs. Buffalo's Defense than Mike White Did?

Warfish

Will Zach Do Better vs. Buffalo's Defense than Mike White Did?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Will Zach Do Better vs. Buffalo's Defense than Mike White Did?

He can't do much worse, so yes, he will. I wouldn't be surprised if the defense does worse than they did last time though. Unless Allen is in a funk, this seems like another 50-burger.

Zach will most likely throw his first INT since the Eagles game, because honestly the Bills defense is probably the hardest defense they've played since they last played the Bills, and that games without an INT streak has to come to an end at some point. 6th WRs plus no Fant and bad weather means he'll be running. Best case is he doesn't need to throw much, but by the time they realize that it might be 1 or 2 bad throws too late.

I know supporting cast doesn't matter to Aaron Rodgers and maybe Tom Brady but for a rookie QB going against a top 3 defense it is going to be tough sledding:

-Missing two starting left tackles and starting center

-Missing top 3 WRs

-Missing top 2 TEs 

-Missing top RB

I mean who is he throwing to?  Berrios, Cole Sr, Jeff Smith, Mims, and Kenny Yeboah.  No offense but this could be the worst group of pass catchers this team has ever fielded.  For this game only I personally am setting the bar for success at the "don't get killed" height. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

He'll do better than White. 

• Below 60% completion %
  • At least one interception
  • less than 200 yards passing
  • no more than one touchdown

Would love to see him carry over the same type of play he had vs the Bucs, but with Fant out, I think this game will look more like the second half of the Bucs game than the first. 

You make an excellent point. I hadn't thought of that. Fant is a huge loss for Wilson.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

For reference, here are the Bills stats against opposing QBs over 16 games.....

172 Yards per game

5.8 Yards per attempt 

11 TDs

19 Ints

56.9% completion

They rank 1st in all those categories except Interceptions, where they are 3rd.

Why don't the Bills have 14 wins? This is awesome - especially when you remember they have Josh Allen on the other side. 

I guess the run defense really is that bad? 

35 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

1000 YDs 50 TDs 0 INTs

You heard it here first

That's 1 TD per 20 yards. This speaks more about what you think the defense or running game will do than what the passing game will do

How is this even possible

I guess if special teams recovered 50 onside kicks it might work

12 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Lol.  I was curious about the forecast before the 3 pass game and this weeks game.  

Article about the weather before the 3 pass game and this weeks forecast:

67487BDD-22E9-4DDD-BF7E-A87E212781B9.jpeg

A056B446-7D97-4EBD-9ECB-58BAE1A427FD.jpeg

yea, wind will be more of a factor than cold. it will probably be around freezing there, but it won't be like the Pats-Bills game.

Just now, slats said:

White had Davis, Moore, and Crowder available, and yet Wilson will still put up better numbers. 

White was a much better player when nobody knew what he was like. With film on him it's very obvious what he does well and what he doesn't do well. It's easy to take away his strengths. 

The good quarterbacks are versatile, and can adjust with no issue

Against a good defense, we will see with Wilson. He will (almost) for sure put up better numbers simply because you can't really put up worse than White did

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

For reference, here are the Bills stats against opposing QBs over 16 games.....

172 Yards per game

5.8 Yards per attempt 

11 TDs

19 Ints

56.9% completion

They rank 1st in all those categories except Interceptions, where they are 3rd.

Who the hell invited this guy?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why don't the Bills have 14 wins? This is awesome - especially when you remember they have Josh Allen on the other side. 

I guess the run defense really is that bad? 

We got very unlucky in close games. We easily could have won against the Bucs, Steelers, Jags, Pats and Titans.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

We got very unlucky in close games. We easily could have won against the Bucs, Steelers, Jags, Pats and Titans.

Now tell me which games you could’ve lost. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

It’s hard for me not to imagine Roman Gabriel out there, doing what he did so well. Though the cold in Buffalo made it tough for the Rams who were used to the relative warmth of Southern California, a little tin of canned heat kept Roman’s hands warm on the sidelines, allowing him to be effective in the passing game and to connect for two critical TD passes. In addition, the great Roosevelt Grier knitted Roman a small muffler that Roman kept clipped to his football pants. This muffler is now in Canton where it belongs, next to a nice 8x10 of Sonny Sixkiller and a pipe Bum Philips liked to smoke on the sidelines. All of this was long ago and as I sit here in this Red Roof Inn somewhere near Encino, I smile at the memories. If Zach Wilson does only half as well as Roman, I’ll be pleased. I have several favorite teams, the Jets among them. How I love this game! 

3 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

It’s supposed to be windy.  

Are you all taking the over on over/under: 3 pass attempts? 

The story of that game with Belichick limiting Jones to 3 passes is really damning.  I don’t care how anyone tries to spin it.

Cant see a QB playing in the Northeast who makes any serious playoff runs when he has to be protected like that.

If the same scenario occurred with Wilson I wouldn’t be happy with his rookie season no matter how many wins the team rang up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

That's 1 TD per 20 yards. This speaks more about what you think the defense or running game will do than what the passing game will do

How is this even possible

I guess if special teams recovered 50 onside kicks it might work

Zach Wilson is going to have this whole team fired up. Becton's knee is going to heal. Mims will learn how to run routes. McGovern will block somebody. Anything and everything is possible.

• Haha 3

the key is for the jets to have a decent run game and for the defense to play well enough to keep it close.  i suspect buffalo is going to want to end the season with a bang.  they're going to try and run the score up.  the jets have to be ready.  it's in buffalo so the weather may have something to do with how things go.

4 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

I know supporting cast doesn't matter to Aaron Rodgers and maybe Tom Brady but for a rookie QB going against a top 3 defense it is going to be tough sledding:

-Missing two starting left tackles and starting center

-Missing top 3 WRs

-Missing top 2 TEs 

-Missing top RB

I mean who is he throwing to?  Berrios, Cole Sr, Jeff Smith, Mims, and Kenny Yeboah.  No offense but this could be the worst group of pass catchers this team has ever fielded.  For this game only I personally am setting the bar for success at the "don't get killed" height. 

hes missing the same guys he missed last week vs TB. and MC1 and Fant went out early so. its the same team.