2022 Senior Bowl practice updates and news

sec101row23

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Tweet below contains link to google spreadsheet with measurements for Senior Bowl, Shrine Bowl and other college all star games.

Good stuff. I don’t know where Parham played but if he moves well at 313 he’s a really interesting developmental iOL guy. Weatherford up to 230 my goodness, just pencil him in to the Jets already.

13 hours ago, Lith said:

Have not heard anything on why he will not be there.

Have to imagine his agents told him that he's already closed the gap on his evaluation down the stretch with UGA.. He's never gonna be a round 1-2 guy, but he's already put himself into late day 2 talks.

Honestly, if I was his agent i would have a tough time telling him not to pull out too. Why get injured to move from pick #20 in round 3, to pick 5?... I think he's staving off round 4  and that's about it at this point, and financially i bet the contract doesn't change much. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Paradis said:

Have to imagine his agents told him that he's already closed the gap on his evaluation down the stretch with UGA.. He's never gonna be a round 1-2 guy, but he's already put himself into late day 2 talks.

Honestly, if I was his agent i would have a tough time telling him not to pull out too. Why get injured to move from pick #20 in round 3, to pick 5?... I think he's staving off round 4  and that's about it at this point, and financially i bet the contract doesn't change much. 

The flip side of this is that there was a lot of buzz that NFL teams would want to see him running routes and potentially getting some reps at WR.  He can still run routes at the combine, but it won't be the same as seeing him in 1 on 1s and game situations.  

52 minutes ago, Lith said:

The flip side of this is that there was a lot of buzz that NFL teams would want to see him running routes and potentially getting some reps at WR.  He can still run routes at the combine, but it won't be the same as seeing him in 1 on 1s and game situations.  

I hear you. I think my point was -- with the kind of strong finish he had, would he really benefit enough to warrant exposing himself as well as possible injury? He accepted in the invite back in Oct, its was a different situation. His playoff run imo did the work the senior bowl was offering. 

14 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He’s such an ideal fit for this offense.

Do you think he'd be there with the Jets 3rd round pick?

There are several positions that I'd love to see the Jets double-dip in this Draft.  Trading back from #4 (unless Hutch or Thib is there) is becoming a big, big wish for me.  Turning the #4 into a couple of picks later in the 1st/2nd would open the door to things like getting two quality TEs and two DEs out of this Draft while still hitting WR, OL, LB.

Basically, I'd love to get something like both the #5 and #7 ranked Edge guys rather than the 3rd best guy at #4.