Man cave?

Anybody have a space they have made that they like?  Stuff you made, etc…? Memorabilia, or a different route?  

@bla bla blaYouTube videos are shot in a room that always makes me jealous.   

My wife likes decorating and I don’t ever care enough to get in the way.  I don’t pick the colors and only veto stuff I really hate.  

I am starting to want a space of my own.

I am a low rent kind of a guy, so I’m thinking of maybe buying imitation jerseys, signing them myself and framing them lol.

I bought Some Jets Rookie cards from this year (marking my first Jets season) and I’m thinking of making a shelf to display them.

My wife is doing this in our bedroom wall with 1x3s to paint all one color.   Its got me thinking a textured picture made of pixel style woodblocks with some areas sticking out far enough to be shelf’s for cards would be cool but I don’t know if I have it in me lol.  
35565B50-597E-425D-95D6-15075BF95625.thumb.jpeg.7f05ece071fdd8569d38366079112787.jpeg

• Upvote 2

I have an old house, tiny single car garage, it cant fit my truck in and can barely fit my wives little Infiniti hatch back.  So, I made it into a man/dog/board cave.  Threw a 2 TV's out there, couch, all my memorabilia ie; autographed baseballs, basketballs, Footballs, pictures, some stuff from my Masters visits, swag from courses Ive played, etc. team flags, pictures, posters, all my surfing gear is in there, golf gear, heater for the winter, portable AC unit for the summers, etc.  Quite honestly, I spend most of my time when I'm home chilling out there because the dogs are not allowed on the inside couch.  I didnt do anything cool to the walls though, it's like an honest to goodness cave out there.  lol

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

That's a tour of my basement including the brand new recliner we bought. Have to wash the stink of the last few seasons off the old recliner so it went to the curb.

I'm surprised you didn't get one of FF2 down there.  Was he visiting his Mom's basement for the day?

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Can't wait for the comments. Let the peanut gallery games begin.  :)

No bad comments, I love all the memorabilia.

Kind of funny, with my house, it's very open (no basements in Texas)   So there isn't tons of room to hang stuff, not that I have a ton to begin with.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, peebag said:

Are you guys millionaires?

Yes. That is really the only way you can accumulate Darron Lee, Muhammad Wilkerson and Calvin Pryor memorabilia at the level I have.

Actually the jet sent me that Antonio Cromartie football when they found out my wife had cancer the first time many years ago.

Then they cut him the day after I received it, not even kidding.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

No bad comments, I love all the memorabilia.

Kind of funny, with my house, it's very open (no basements in Texas)   So there isn't tons of room to hang stuff, not that I have a ton to begin with.

Oh that's interesting my house is small and it's kind of compartmentalized. I always want it open but this actually kind of works for us. This room in the basement is like 26 ft long by 13. It's my office and place where I hang out to watch football and stuff. So it just works cuz they always leave me alone down there.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Luv the popcorn machine and the Boomer jersey

The popcorn machine was like the first thing we bought when the pandemic first hit. My daughter was like we need a new popcorn maker we had a really old small one.

Ordered that on Amazon and let the pandemic games begin.

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I hope you never need anything from that closet. This makes my ocd twitch.

Omg that's great.

The funny thing is that cabinet that has all the Jets stuff in it is on those floor protector things. 

Vinyl plank flooring so I just slide it out of the way when we need it. It's only once a year though Christmas stuff in there.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

FF2... I should know but I'm drawing a blank. You got to remember I'm old.

Foxboro Fanatic, banned became Foxboro Fanatic 2, banned again then came back a long time FF2.

Actually not a bad dude, one of the funnier Pats fans that didn't take himself too seriously.  

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Oh that's interesting my house is small and it's kind of compartmentalized. I always want it open but this actually kind of works for us. This room in the basement is like 26 ft long by 13. It's my office and place where I hang out to watch football and stuff. So it just works cuz they always leave me alone down there.

That's the difference between living up there and down here.

Guys I grew up with a few years ago came out to visit, I told my wife, "Give it a day, they'll ask what we paid".

4 hours later, "Rob, what the hell did you pay for this?"  I told him, and his wife was like, "that's only like, 30 or 40k more than our house is worth."   It's just so much cheaper out here, although it's going up last 2 years.

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Foxboro Fanatic, banned became Foxboro Fanatic 2, banned again then came back a long time FF2.

Actually not a bad dude, one of the funnier Pats fans that didn't take himself too seriously.  

Oh thank you! Got it now.

4 hours ago, chirorob said:

That's the difference between living up there and down here.

Guys I grew up with a few years ago came out to visit, I told my wife, "Give it a day, they'll ask what we paid".

4 hours later, "Rob, what the hell did you pay for this?"  I told him, and his wife was like, "that's only like, 30 or 40k more than our house is worth."   It's just so much cheaper out here, although it's going up last 2 years.

Oh definitely. The prices here are getting so much worse. A house still sells in a day. Record prices.

450k gets you a starter house in a lot of towns. The really nice towns are much higher.

• Upvote 1