JETS WR Draft Prospects (the pre-combine edition)

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

At this point, post combine, if we are going to take a WR at 10, imo it should be Wilson.  He is the only WR I am considering there. Best route runner in the class, has had some drops which gives me some pause, but the guy knows how to get open.  I think he is the best fit for our offense and the only guy worthy of 10.  Otherwise, I expect 4 & 10 to be defense in which case 35 & 38 had better be offense.  Sausce and an edge at 4.  WR and OL/TE at 35 & 38.

All of this subject to change next week as FA gets going.

I don't think they take a running back at 35/38 but it's a sneaky option to get more explosive on offense we aren't talking about a lot. Depends what they think of Hall and Walker as pass catchers. 

If they get a veteran WR, which I kind of think they need to do, that moves down the needs list at least a little too. If Douglas continues to focus on athleticism early that narrows out a lot of those guys too, everyone but Watson pending pro days.

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

image.png.063494cb525470ced4e07a3a012ead28.png

Mims was the better prospect 

That is just about athleticism, not necessarily identifying the better prospect.  Nobody would say Jonathan Marshall is a comparable prospect to Aaron Donald, but he had a higher RAS score.  It is one tool to evaluate prospects.

image.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Lith said:

That is just about athleticism, not necessarily identifying the better prospect.  Nobody would say Jonathan Marshall is a comparable prospect to Aaron Donald, but he had a higher RAS score.  It is one tool to evaluate prospects.

image.jpeg

Speak for yourself.?

4 hours ago, derp said:

I don't think they take a running back at 35/38 but it's a sneaky option to get more explosive on offense we aren't talking about a lot. Depends what they think of Hall and Walker as pass catchers. 

If they get a veteran WR, which I kind of think they need to do, that moves down the needs list at least a little too. If Douglas continues to focus on athleticism early that narrows out a lot of those guys too, everyone but Watson pending pro days.

I can't see a scenario where a WR #10 is the pick.

The position WILL be addressed in SOME capacity in FA... You're looking at some mixture of E. Moore, C. Davis, assuming Berrios (his agent would be an idiot not put him on the team he's proven to succeed with)... So already your base 3 set ++ A free agent like DJ Chark (not the best, but mos def not a JAG, pun) 

so in summary

1. E Moore
  2. C Davis
  3. Berrios
  4. Chark (Robinson, you pick, w/e)

I'm not singing songs of redemption in Jamaica over this group -- but you're not getting a WR #10 guys...

my advice, be at peace with; start looking at day 2 names like Pickens, J Williams, Tolbert, Drummond etc

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The position WILL be addressed in SOME capacity in FA... You're looking at some mixture of E. Moore, C. Davis, assuming Berrios (his agent would be an idiot not put him on the team he's proven to succeed with)... So already your base 3 set ++ A free agent like DJ Chark (not the best, but mos def not a JAG, pun) 

so in summary

1. E Moore
  2. C Davis
  3. Berrios

I'm not singing songs of redemption in Jamaica over this group -- but you're not getting a WR #10 guys...

my advice, be at peace with; start looking at day 2 names like Pickens, J Williams, Tolbert, Drummond etc

I was talking about 35/38 there even though I didn’t specify in my post. I think ten is pretty firmly off the table, and I don’t think the Jets are picking at ten anyway.

Expect they bring in a veteran and unless they love Watkins the conversations about WR start in the third and far from a lock they find someone to take.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

so in summary

1. E Moore
  2. C Davis
  3. Berrios

Assuming the jets go edge at 4, figure a trade back at 10 if possible and then either OL or another defender in the teens, i can see them trading back into round 1 to target a wr.  

45 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Assuming the jets go edge at 4, figure a trade back at 10 if possible and then either OL or another defender in the teens, i can see them trading back into round 1 to target a wr.  

Why. Seriously. 

• Upvote 1