Wonderama

For those of you born before 1970...  just wondering if any of you were on Wonderama?  If so, were you with Sonny Fox or Bob McAllister?   Sonny Fox died last year of Covid complications at the age of 94.   I was on with Sonny.  Actually made it to one of the last standing in Simon Says.

Wish I had the tape.  

Same thing with Allan Funt's candid camera.  I was on at 5 years old when they were having young kids try to wink.  THey constantly filmed at my Nursery School/Kindergarten in Rego Park.   Wish I had that tape too.

• Sympathy 3

23 hours ago, Dcat said:

For those of you born before 1970...  just wondering if any of you were on Wonderama?  If so, were you with Sonny Fox or Bob McAllister?   Sonny Fox died last year of Covid complications at the age of 94.   I was on with Sonny.  Actually made it to one of the last standing in Simon Says.

Wish I had the tape.  

Same thing with Allan Funt's candid camera.  I was on at 5 years old when they were having young kids try to wink.  THey constantly filmed at my Nursery School/Kindergarten in Rego Park.   Wish I had that tape too.

Wow.  Can't believe you were on both shows.  That's amazing.

I was never on TV.   But always wanted to appear on Shenanigans with Stubby Kaye.  Kids loading up that massive bin with toys was incredibly cool for us kids back in that era.

• Sympathy 1

On 5/6/2022 at 10:54 AM, Dcat said:

Wish I had the tape.  

I was never on Wonderama, but one of the neighbor kids I grew up with was on it.  Then about 40 years later, she was back on TV on the show Wife Swap.  Which showed the whole world that she was the same crazy bitch that I knew as a kid. 

Only worse.  Much worse.

• Haha 3

On 5/6/2022 at 11:54 AM, Dcat said:

Wish I had the tape.  

My younger sister was on Wonderama with McAllister 

• Upvote 3

wow what a blast from the past. wonderama! bob mcallister

I was never on it but when i was a teen i went to david letterman and at the end of the show everyone received and original work of art art art art.

They pointed at me to go down and i was first in line and me and paul looked at each other because i was a musician with really long hair and i shook daves hand and said "Thanks Dave!" and that aired right before they cut to commercials

There is actually a guy that has every minute recorded and I have been trying to get it from him

On 5/6/2022 at 11:54 AM, Dcat said:

Wish I had the tape.  

so much shlt we did as kids is not recorded... as opposed to today. I played in a band in HS, marched in my HS band, played in college orchestra. Fukkin NOTHING on film!!!!!!  SMH

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

so much shlt we did as kids is not recorded... as opposed to today. I played in a band in HS, marched in my HS band, played in college orchestra. Fukkin NOTHING on film!!!!!!  SMH

I did nearly 8 years in the Army between Active Duty and later on the National Guard. 

I think I took a total of about 50 pictures, including over in Saudi/Kuwait during ODS/DS....most of them are of my drunk buddys in the barracks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Totally on board with this.  I played electric bass from eighth grade thru college.  I don't have one image of me playing.  No shots of my Fender Musicmaster, Precision or Sunn amp.  God forbid my parents or one of my friends (bandmates, too!) could have snapped off a Polaroid or two.  Nothing.  Still bothers me that I can't see myself back then holding those instruments and playing.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

• 3 weeks later...