Zach is at the Yankee game

On 6/16/2022 at 7:30 AM, FidelioJet said:

Not sure if you're talking about Zach here but in case you are...

He's been to Met games, Knick games, Ranger games and Islander games.

He's just trying to become part of the community - good for him.

Seems forced. Then again the Staten Jersey Meta-Bockers are my favorite foot basket team, so what do I know. 

On 6/16/2022 at 11:17 AM, Smashmouth said:

you know what's really sad for Mets fans ? They are having a great season and the Yankees are having a historically great season/ that's gotta sting. But honestly I'm pulling for the Mets and their fans I hope they get to the World Series because you know what happens then.

Pitching wins baseball games. Always. Great pitching always beats offensive juggernauts. See 1969. If deGrom and Scherzer are healthy, Mets will win the WS in 2022. I guarantee it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

Pitching wins baseball games. Always. Great pitching always beats offensive juggernauts. See 1969. If deGrom and Scherzer are healthy, Metz will win the WS in 2022. I guarantee it. 

Only one problem the Yankees have the best pitching staff in baseball ..so there's that . The Yankees can throw Cole, Nestor, Tallion, Severino, and Monty . No one can match that starting 5 nor can anyone match the Yankees Bullpen either. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Only one problem the Yankees have the best pitching staff in baseball ..so there's that . The Yankees can throw Cole, Nestor, Tallion, Severino, and Monty . No one can match that starting 5 nor can anyone match the Yankees Bullpen either. 

I’ll take deGrom, Scherzer, McGil, Carasco and Walker over the Yankee staff every day of the week.  
A top staff when you compare them to the Mets staff minus their top 3 isn’t what we’re talking about.  Adding deGrom, Scherzer and McGill is a different conversation.

Bullpen is a different story.  Other than closer.  One has been lights out, the other a crap shoot

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Seems forced. Then again the Staten Jersey Meta-Bockers are my favorite foot basket team, so what do I know. 

Not sure what you see there that seems forced. 

This is a kid that seems to be with one hot blonde after another.  I honestly don't think it's a show - but rather a kid that's enjoying being the QB of the NY Jets.

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Not sure what you see there that seems forced. 

This is a kid that seems to be with one hot blonde after another.  I honestly don't think it's a show - but rather a kid that's enjoying being the QB of the NY Jets.

Being at the games is cool. Wearing the jerseys is cringe as all get out. I'm an Islander fan, no wait I'm a Ranger fan. Eh. It's sh*t that politicians do. 

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I’ll take deGrom, Scherzer, McGil, Carasco and Walker over the Yankee staff every day of the week.  
A top staff when you compare them to the Mets staff minus their top 3 isn’t what we’re talking about.  Adding deGrom, Scherzer and McGill is a different conversation.

Bullpen is a different story.  Other than closer.  One has been lights out, the other a crap shoot

That's Pretty funny because its not even close at this stage.

You're right the bullpen is not close and since Clay Holmes is 11 for 11 in saves with an 0.28 ERA that's not in the discussion either. Chapman was 9 for 9 but we all know he's not the same guy.

Every year its going to be different and this is no doubt the Yankees year. DeGrom is a great pitcher but he's not in the mix and even if he was there's no guarantee he would be throwing like Cortez currently is with a 1.94 ERA

Mets

Carasco - 3.96 

Megil - 5.01

Scherzer - 2.54

Walker - 2.88

Yankees

Cortez - 1.94

Cole - 3.33

Taillion - 2.70

Severino - 2.80

Monty - 2.72

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

That's Pretty funny because its not even close at this stage.

You're right the bullpen is not close and since Clay Holmes is 11 for 11 in saves with an 0.28 ERA that's not in the discussion either. Chapman was 9 for 9 but we all know he's not the same guy.

Every year its going to be different and this is no doubt the Yankees year. DeGrom is a great pitcher but he's not in the mix and even if he was there's no guarantee he would be throwing like Cortez currently is with a 1.94 ERA

Mets

Carasco - 3.96 

Megil - 5.01

Scherzer - 2.54

Walker - 2.88

Yankees

Cortez - 1.94

Cole - 3.33

Taillion - 2.70

Severino - 2.80

Monty - 2.72

Dud, I’m not taking the Yankee staff with deGrom, Scherzer and McGil pitching I’m sorry.  Putting up numbers of a McGil pitching 3 games hurt for example.  Scherzer and deGrom are all timers and proven, two of the best in the game, not guys who have had a good couple of months.

I said the bullpen has been good but Chapman isn’t Diaz this year. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Dud, I’m not taking the Yankee staff with deGrom, Scherzer and McGil pitching I’m sorry.  Putting up numbers of a McGil pitching 3 games hurt for example.  Scherzer and deGrom are all timers and proven, two of the best in the game, not guys who have had a good couple of months.

I said the bullpen has been good but Chapman isn’t Diaz this year. 

And Diaz is not anywhere close to Holmes who is 11 for 11 with a 0.28 Era Clay Holmes has pitched 32 innings and given up 1 run, 18 hits and zero HR that is insane. Diaz has pitched 27 Innings and given up 7 runs and 3 HR and has already blown 3 saves. You keep bringing up Megil who has a 5.01 ERA and an 8-8 career record which is a silly comparison to even the 5th Yankees starter .  You have your opinion and that's cool but your two best starters are often hurt or not pitched at all this year and DeGroms dealing with a shoulder injury so if you want to compare DeGrom to Cole who is a workhorse you can keep dreaming. Sherzer is 38 DeGrom is 34 ...all of the Yankee starters other than Cole  are all well under 30 years old and Cole is still 6 years younger than Sherzer . The Mets are having a very good year but their staff is way to old for the long haul.  The Mets staff has given up 270 runs the Yankees have given up 187 so its not even close at this point.  Its nice to see the Mets finally doing something but lets not make silly comparisons 

Also who are these couple of months guys you are talking about ??  Cole Tallion Severino Cortez and Montgomery have all been proven Tallion and Sevy had to come back from major injuries and are both now pitching lights out with Tallion pitchin g as good as anyone in baseball Cortez has dominated for 2 years running Monty is finally coming into his own looks like the Yankee starters are going in the right direction and the Mets starters are getting older and regressing and you really need to stop bringing up Megil (not McGil) with 16 ML starts to his name and a career era of 4.67