Jaylon Ferguson (BAL) Dead At 26

KRL

1 minute ago, Gramsci said:

They exist, but they are not commonly available. I live in Australia and the situation is pretty similar - illicit drugs being cut with fentanyl. 

Oh ok, makes sense considering it’s commonly mixed with cocaine so the person who is doing it would have the chance to test. 100% agree should be readily available. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

What do you mean DESIGNED to be a killer? 

It's a synthetic opioid that was manufactured at ridiculously powerful concentrations and known to be resistant to naloxone, and easily mix able and usable in many forms. Easily transported and hard to detect. Primarily manufactured by a nation one step away from being openly hostile to the US. 

Just the facts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Oh ok, makes sense considering it’s commonly mixed with cocaine so the person who is doing it would have the chance to test. 100% agree should be readily available. 

https://www.amazon.com/BTNX-Rapid-Response-Fentanyl-Strips/dp/B0B1N7Z1CH/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=fentanyl+test+strips&qid=1656946629&sr=8-3

It's this. 

It's such an easy way to prevent deaths, considering the scale of the problem. 

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

It's a synthetic opioid that was manufactured at ridiculously powerful concentrations and known to be resistant to naloxone, and easily mix able and usable in many forms. Easily transported and hard to detect. Primarily manufactured by a nation one step away from being openly hostile to the US. 

Just the facts. 

I see now you differentiated “street” fentanyl in your post. I don’t know much about that. I do know a lot about fentanyl produced by legitimate companies — which through negligence, recklessness, or overt purposefulness also makes its way to the streets. I think we are just talking about two different things. :) 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

https://www.amazon.com/BTNX-Rapid-Response-Fentanyl-Strips/dp/B0B1N7Z1CH/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=fentanyl+test+strips&qid=1656946629&sr=8-3

It's this. 

It's such an easy way to prevent deaths, considering the scale of the problem. 

Easy for middle & upper middle class dabbling with drugs vs.  street level addicts who are dying every day. 

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Just the facts. 

Not that long ago, it was other substances that were making its way around the world. 

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Easy for middle & upper middle class dabbling with drugs vs.  street level addicts who are dying every day. 

Not really. Other countries have demonstrated that it is possible to reduce drug related fatalities with an harm reduction policy. These tests could  be easily subsidized by the government and distributed by ngos and government agencies that deal directly with drug addicts.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

I see now you differentiated “street” fentanyl in your post. I don’t know much about that. I do know a lot about fentanyl produced by legitimate companies — which through negligence, recklessness, or overt purposefulness also makes its way to the streets. I think we are just talking about two different things. :) 

And according to what I've read on the issue, the Chinese government has been cracking down on fentanyl related substances.

4 hours ago, jgb said:

What do you mean DESIGNED to be a killer? 

I didn't see a direct answer and assume this question is serious. 

It is exactly what you know the word to mean. And fentynol is man made so. 

Every industry works the same pretty much.. idea to design to test to production. In computers its software or hardware design documents  In construction it's blueprints. 

For drug chemistry design is selecting from all the available chemicals, compounds  binders, etc their amounts, heat/cooling and documenting it for reproduction to build a drug that supports the original idea. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PorP said:

I didn't see a direct answer and assume this question is serious. 

It is exactly what you know the word to mean. And fentynol is man made so. 

Every industry works the same pretty much.. idea to design to test to production. In computers its software or hardware design documents  In construction it's blueprints. 

For drug chemistry design is selecting from all the available chemicals, compounds  binders, etc their amounts, heat/cooling and documenting it for reproduction to build a drug that supports the original idea. 

Yes it’s a serious question. It seems now we were talking about two different things. I had thought he said fentanyl itself was designed to be a killer, but it’s clear now he meant the garbage specifically made for the streets.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

And according to what I've read on the issue, the Chinese government has been cracking down on fentanyl related substances.

Haven’t read much about that but it wouldn’t surprise me if they were focusing any efforts on domestic abuse.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes it’s a serious question. It seems now we were talking about two different things. I had thought he said fentanyl itself was designed to be a killer, but it’s clear now he meant the garbage specifically made for the streets.

Ya man.

I think when the poster said designed to kill... I think they were talking about how dangerous it is even when it's medicinal quality. (Not that the actual design was too kill) When it goes from use as prescribed to recreational use is obviously very dangerous. 

For the street stuff,  they're just a bunch of hack chemists reverse engineering crap from governments development or pharmaceutical companies or using naturally occurring stuff.   They're not capable of designing anything I know of. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Leasing cause of death for Americans 18-45.  And the people in charge,  keep making it easier for the smugglers.   China doesn’t have to kill us on a battlefield.  We’ve lost many more than Vietnam 

How are the people in charge making it easier?