Will it be Elijah or Garrett Wilson who has more success?

34 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Moore

But his fantasy football ADP of like 60 overall right now is way too high.  I don't think any pass catchers in this offense will eat consistently or produce any kind of monster stats.

This will be a low-volume passing attack with an offense predicated on Breece Hall and MC.

Minshew could lead such an attack cheaper and then that 2021 first round pick could’ve been traded down/used elsewhere.

21 hours ago, jgb said:

Minshew could lead such an attack cheaper and then that 2021 first round pick could’ve been traded down/used elsewhere.

Running a conservative, rushing based offense isn’t the long term goal, it’s the means in which they’re attempting to develop a higher ceilinged QB. No one’s going to the Super Bowl with Gardner Minshew except maybe the ‘85 Bears. QBs like him aren’t solutions, they’re bridges. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Running a conservative, rushing based offense isn’t the long term goal, it’s the means in which they’re attempting to develop a higher ceilinged QB. No one’s going to the Super Bowl with Gardner Minshew except maybe the ‘85 Bears. QBs like him aren’t solutions, they’re bridges. 

I hear ya. Thanks for clarifying your plan is intended as an incremental developmental step, not a goal.

I think I’d still prefer to let him be who he is and grow into it organically, but obviously the brakes need to be pumped somewhat and streamlined to bring him along responsibly.

But please don’t slander Minshew ;) 

13 hours ago, slats said:

The problem is this roster is suited to ground and pound.  We have a good offensive line with multiple capable running backs

On 7/5/2022 at 11:12 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Moore

But his fantasy football ADP of like 60 overall right now is way too high.  I don't think any pass catchers in this offense will eat consistently or produce any kind of monster stats.

This will be a low-volume passing attack with an offense predicated on Breece Hall and MC.

Breece Hall big fantasy sleeper this year

9 minutes ago, Normstansfield said:

Breece Hall big fantasy sleeper this year

Not where he's likely going to end up being drafted.  The fantasy community is very much aware of Hall, and he'll probably go in the top 60 picks or so in nearly every fantasy draft.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Not where he's likely going to end up being drafted.  The fantasy community is very much aware of Hall, and he'll probably go in the top 60 picks or so in nearly every fantasy draft.

You think he goes that high?  Everyone thinks the jets suck this year they aren’t sophisticated enough to know we actually have a good OL.  Carter is also still around to vulture carries

Can't remember the last Jet to be draftable in the first 10 rounds in fantasy.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Normstansfield said:

You think he goes that high?  Everyone thinks the jets suck this year they aren’t sophisticated enough to know we actually have a good OL.  Carter is also still around to vulture carries

Doesn't really matter.  RBs are a scarce commodity and Breece Hall is THAT good of a prospect.  Elite talents on bad teams still get drafted high.  Travis Etienne was going around that early in fantasy drafts last year before he got hurt.  And Hall is arguably a better prospect than Etienne.

Doesn't really matter.  RBs are a scarce commodity and Breece Hall is THAT good of a prospect.  Elite talents on bad teams still get drafted high.  Travis Etienne was going around that early last year before he got hurt.  And Hall is arguably a better prospect than Etienne.

I hear you but you’re saying in 12 team leagues he’s going in the first 5 rounds.  Unless he wrecks preseason (which he might) I dunno

5 minutes ago, Normstansfield said:

I hear you but you’re saying in 12 team leagues he’s going in the first 5 rounds.  Unless he wrecks preseason (which he might) I dunno

Indeed, and his stock can only go UP from there, not down, as long as he's healthy.

Here's the kinds of RB's that Hall would be contending with from fantasy drafters in that range.  How many of these really excite you or the average fantasy player?

• Miles Sanders
  • Josh Jacobs
  • Kareem Hunt
  • Elijah Mitchell
  • Chase Edmonds
  • Cordarrelle Patterson
  • Clyde Edwards-Helaire
  • Devin Singletary
  • Melvin Gordon
  • AJ Dillon

Are there some nice backs in there?  Sure.  But none that EXCITE anyone.  And the later you go in the draft, the more you are looking for upside out of the RB position rather than "safe" production.  

I'm not a guy who tends to draft Jets in fantasy but even I would take Breece over anyone on that list.