Jets looking to trade up, and might aquire TJ Duckett in a trade

vinnys025

And Foley/North... whoever you are, how can you say Blaylock sucks? He never got a chance to suit up for the Jets, last year. He's a change of pace back. Perfect compliment to a power runner. Or Houston and Martin. I wouldn't be suprised if the Jets impliment some sort of three headed monster.

Blaylock never got to suit up last year? Funny thing to say considering he played in 7 games last year and even got to start once. Result? 3.1 yards a carry for Blaylock with no td's. I watched enough of him, maybe you didn't. The guy sucks.

Three-headed monster of Martin/Blaylock/Houston? That's a monster a 5 year old kid wouldn't be afraid of. Way to think small Stormy. Who needs a good running back? We have 1 running back who's at the end of the line (Martin) and 2 mediocre running backs (Blaylock and Houston).

With that kind of small thinking hopefully the Jets can never win a championship. I know it's your job to disagree with me Stormy but you're starting to embarass yourself.

Blaylock never got to suit up last year? Funny thing to say considering he played in 7 games last year and even got to start once. Result? 3.1 yards a carry for Blaylock with no td's. I watched enough of him, maybe you didn't. The guy sucks.

Three-headed monster of Martin/Blaylock/Houston? That's a monster a 5 year old kid wouldn't be afraid of. Way to think small Stormy. Who needs a good running back? We have 1 running back who's at the end of the line (Martin) and 2 mediocre running backs (Blaylock and Houston).

With that kind of small thinking hopefully the Jets can never win a championship. I know it's your job to disagree with me Stormy but you're starting to embarass yourself.

Yes. He did indeed play in 7 and even start a game but how many carries did he have? 17. How can you judge a player on 17 carries that featured Jason Fabini as a starter?

Lets give him a full season this year in which he'll get plenty of more carries before we judge him right away.

Yes. He did indeed play in 7 and even start a game but how many carries did he have? 17. How can you judge a player on 17 carries that featured Jason Fabini as a starter?

Lets give him a full season this year in which he'll get plenty of more carries before we judge him right away.

You want to waste another season on the Derrick Blaylock experiment go ahead and be my guest. You want to pass up guys like White, Maroney and Addai because we have scrubs like Blaylock and Houston fine.

I know it's a different sport but the Knicks screwed themselves in 1999 by passing over Ron Artest in the draft. The reason was that they already had two small forwards in Latrell Sprewell and Larry Johnson. Instead of Ron Artest the Knicks drafted Fred Weis. At least Sprewell and Johnson were much better basketball players than Blaylock is a football player.

Lesson: Draft talent and upside. Don't draft to fill out a depth chart.

seriously the Falcons must think Tannenbaum is a retard because they're low balling us. Falcons are offeringTJ Duckett and 2nd round pick for John Abraham who's probably one of the best DE in the NFL and is a Pro Bowler, are you kidding me? They must be out of their mind. Just because the Tannenbaum and Mangini is young doesn't mean they're retarded. I think Tannenbaum should go and tell the Falcons to shove that deal up their ass and give us their 1st round pick.

Jets | Team looking for ammunition to trade up

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 07:26:42 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets are reportedly looking for ammunition, by trading DE John Abraham, to move up to the No. 2 slot in the April NFL Draft. The team wants to draft USC QB Matt Leinart.

:yahoo::cheers::cool:

We need a running back, but Duckett isn't it. They have given him every opportunity to beat out the ancient Warrick Dunn and he can't do it. I wouldn't mind him here, but he is no more than a change of pace back. It takes more than a change of pace back to make up for getting a mid-second round pick instead of a late first round pick. That's a Bradway move.

As for Lineart, there is ZERO reason to surrender our other high draft picks in order to move up and select a guy with a Pennington-esque arm. It really scares me that these Lineart rumors seem to be popping up every couple weeks. This team needs to rebuild, not trade away valuable draft picks to get another noodle-armed QB to build around.

We need a running back, but Duckett isn't it. They have given him every opportunity to beat out the ancient Warrick Dunn and he can't do it. I wouldn't mind him here, but he is no more than a change of pace back. It takes more than a change of pace back to make up for getting a mid-second round pick instead of a late first round pick. That's a Bradway move.

As for Lineart, there is ZERO reason to surrender our other high draft picks in order to move up and select a guy with a Pennington-esque arm. It really scares me that these Lineart rumors seem to be popping up every couple weeks. This team needs to rebuild, not trade away valuable draft picks to get another noodle-armed QB to build around.

I believe Joe Montana had a pennington-esque arm and he made out okay. Arm strength isn't everything!

I believe Joe Montana had a pennington-esque arm and he made out okay. Arm strength isn't everything!

No,its not everything, but its not nothing either.

When you play your home games in the winds of the meadowlands,you need to be able to make throws other than a fullback screen.

I can not believe that we will try to trade up - the long term philosophy to build this team is to trade down and acquire additional picks. Really can not believe that this has a chance of happening

If they trade up, then the malignancy of the Herm/Bradway Error is not completely scraped out of Hempstead.

Questions for you jetmo

Do you think that Ramsey and Pennington are franchise quarterbacks?

If Matt Leinart is the next great QB and becomes a franchise player for the Jets, will it have been worth it to trade up for him?

.......What better position to build around then the QB?

If the Jets feel Leinart is the best QB in the draft, why the hell should they settle for 2nd best?

Leinart has a Matt Hasselbeck/Tom Brady arm, not a great arm like Leftwich or Favre, but more than good enough and definetly stronger than Penningtons.

I dont know how many times I have to say this, but watch the rose bowl and tell me Leinarts arm is as weak as Penningtons.

Leinart was throwing darts in tight coverage 25 yards down the middle of the field, perfect throws.

Jets | Team looking for ammunition to trade up

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 07:26:42 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets are reportedly looking for ammunition, by trading DE John Abraham, to move up to the No. 2 slot in the April NFL Draft. They team wants to draft USC QB Matt Leinart.

Jets | Seahawks still in the running to acquire Abraham

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 07:25:50 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the Seattle Seahawks dealt themselves into the game to acquire New York Jets franchise free agent DE John Abraham by offering their 31st overall pick for Abraham. However, while it is believed they have made a contract proposal to agents Tony Agnone and Rich Rosa, Abraham's choice is the Atlanta Falcons.

Falcons | Still negotiating with the Jets about Abraham

Sun, 19 Mar 2006 07:22:42 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets are still trying to work out a trade with the Atlanta Falcons involving Jets' franchise free agent DE John Abraham. The Jets want Atlanta's first-round pick, 15th overall, to let Abraham join the Falcons. The Falcons initially offered their second-rounder (No. 47). In an attempt to break the impasse, a source said, Atlanta general manager Rich McKay offered to include a player with the second-rounder. The identity of the player isn't known, but the Falcons have discussed trading RB T.J. Duckett. But the Jets, according to the NFL source, said no to the two-plus-a-player.

I would hope that we would never accept that offer. Duckett is not a every down back, he is a short yarders back and nothing better.

Questions for you jetmo

Do you think that Ramsey and Pennington are franchise quarterbacks?

If Matt Leinart is the next great QB and becomes a franchise player for the Jets, will it have been worth it to trade up for him?

.......What better position to build around then the QB?

If the Jets feel Leinart is the best QB in the draft, why the hell should they settle for 2nd best?

Leinart has a Matt Hasselbeck/Tom Brady arm, not a great arm like Leftwich or Favre, but more than good enough and definetly stronger than Penningtons.

I dont know how many times I have to say this, but watch the rose bowl and tell me Leinarts arm is as weak as Penningtons.

Leinart was throwing darts in tight coverage 25 yards down the middle of the field, perfect throws.

For every Troy Aikman there is a Steve Walsh.

For every Peyton Manning, there is a Ryan Leaf.

Dunno with these first round "blue chip" QB's, Barton. Just don't know. High risk vs. high reward.

Or...

You look for the Tom Brady, the Joe Montana, even the Kurt Warner's of the world, where it's low risk and high reward. I have no problem if you're the number one pick, then yeah, you probably need a QB so you need to take that chance. The Jets right now don't need a QB. They need a team to put around the QB. Worst case scenario, you suck again in '06 and grab the QB in the top 5 next year (Brady Quinn?). Nothing would suck more royally if the Jets draft Leinart and Pennington actually has a decent season. Then what do you do? But Pennington won't have much of a season if they don't get him some protection. And come to think about it, if you are gonna draft Leinart, you better get him some protection, too. Either way, D'Brick should be D'pick.

im reading this and trying to understand your point of view but how can you anticipate or even attempt to speculate that Chad will have a decent year. when was the last time Chad had a decentyear......2002??? giants wrecked his wrist, shoulder, shoulder...his last three seasons. is this what you want to look forward to. you cannot, absolutelty not, have a good team without a good signal caller. its impossible. sure, an offensive line is extremely important. but if they are protecting pennington again, they might as well sit down, cuz it wont matter. forget D'brick this year, leinart is the pick. or maybe jay cutler. WE NEED a QB. everyone knowsthis.

im reading this and trying to understand your point of view but how can you anticipate or even attempt to speculate that Chad will have a decent year. when was the last time Chad had a decentyear......2002??? giants wrecked his wrist, shoulder, shoulder...his last three seasons. is this what you want to look forward to. you cannot, absolutelty not, have a good team without a good signal caller. its impossible. sure, an offensive line is extremely important. but if they are protecting pennington again, they might as well sit down, cuz it wont matter. forget D'brick this year, leinart is the pick. or maybe jay cutler. WE NEED a QB. everyone knowsthis.

We need alot of things. Everyone knows this.

Don't think anyone's expecting better than 6-8 wins in 2007 anyway. You have to build the OL or everything else doesn't matter. There's no reason to think whether you have Pennington, Ramsey, Cutler, Lienart or Bugs Bunny that this will be much better than that. It seems there's some consensus on this board that, while it's hardly unanimous, a road grading LT in the mold of Pace/Ogden/Samuel would be a great first step. The old regime tried to go on the cheap and luck out with bubblegum, duct tape, Scott Gragg and 6th

and 7th rounders like Crapvaka and Youwantthis to rebuild the OL. It didn't work. Get D'brick, put him out there on LT and probably take his excellence for granted for the next decade and we're moving in the right direction.

everyone agrees we have a lot of holes to fill yet our FO has basically sat on their hands this offseason... We could have got another RB for a good price yet we didn't. We could have held onto Mawae for another year and had one less hole to fill right now but we released him and resign Kendall? Let Fabini go fine but wheres the replacement? I dunno whats going on behind the doors over there but Pat Ramsey? What the hell kind of future do the Jets have with Ramsey?

everyone agrees we have a lot of holes to fill yet our FO has basically sat on their hands this offseason... We could have got another RB for a good price yet we didn't. We could have held onto Mawae for another year and had one less hole to fill right now but we released him and resign Kendall? Let Fabini go fine but wheres the replacement? I dunno whats going on behind the doors over there but Pat Ramsey? What the hell kind of future do the Jets have with Ramsey?

Ramsey and Kendall are hold the fort guys. Wait until the draft to see what kind of plan Mangini has. If we wind up with another handful of special teamer's like we did year in and year out with Hermpes, then you can start complaining.

For every Troy Aikman there is a Steve Walsh.

For every Peyton Manning, there is a Ryan Leaf.

Dunno with these first round "blue chip" QB's, Barton. Just don't know. High risk vs. high reward.

Or...

You look for the Tom Brady, the Joe Montana, even the Kurt Warner's of the world, where it's low risk and high reward. I have no problem if you're the number one pick, then yeah, you probably need a QB so you need to take that chance. The Jets right now don't need a QB. They need a team to put around the QB. Worst case scenario, you suck again in '06 and grab the QB in the top 5 next year (Brady Quinn?). Nothing would suck more royally if the Jets draft Leinart and Pennington actually has a decent season. Then what do you do? But Pennington won't have much of a season if they don't get him some protection. And come to think about it, if you are gonna draft Leinart, you better get him some protection, too. Either way, D'Brick should be D'pick.

See, I don't mind drafting a QB #4. If there was no salary cap, I wouldn't even mind trading picks to get Leinart if Mangini really wants him. What I object to is trading away draft picks to move up to give an unknown $25M guaranteed money in the salary cap era. You lose multiple players in the draft AND you lose the ability to acquire known talents in FA with the depleted cap room. IF the player hits, and hits BIG, it's ok. If he doesn't, you haven't merely missed on a draft pick; you've doomed the franchise for years by losing out on 5 starters.

Think about this scenario:

Trade Abe to Seattle for #31 overall.

Trade 1(4), 1(31), and 3(7) to NO for 1(2) and 5(2).

We then draft on day one:

1(2) = Matt Leinart

2(3) = Max Jean-Gilles or Gabe Watson or Eric Winston

OR

Trade Abe to Seattle for #31 overall.Trade down to #10 (for example) for Arizona's 2nd-rounder, #41 overall.

We then have, in a deep draft, on day one:

1(10): Winston Justice

1(31): Nick Mangold

2(3): Max Jean-Gilles or Gabe Watson or Eric Winston

2(8): Marcedes Lewis

3(7): Brodie Croyle

and enough cap room to add another high-quality FA at RT, LB, or OG/NT

Frankly, unless Leinart DOES turn out to be a P.Manning/C.Palmer type, he effectively IS a bust. It's not only the one guy we did get, but also the 5 guys we did NOT get.

Archived