Thank God for Joe B

On 9/12/2022 at 11:53 AM, tommyduhamelshouse said:

Saying what we are ALL thinking here for the entire city to hear.

This is a DISASTER.

Joe Beningo is the worst. Made an entire career of of feeding the "Whoa ways me" Jets fan. We were average QB play away from competing and most likely beating the Ravens. Both Michael Carters, AVT, Sherwood, Elijah Moore, JJ, Garett Wilson, Clemons, Sauce, Max Mitchell and Breece Hall, all 1st and 2nd year players that contributed and played well. With Wilson behind center it is a much different game offensively and we probably win. 

9 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Joe Beningo is the worst. Made an entire career of of feeding the "Whoa ways me" Jets fan. We were average QB play away from competing and most likely beating the Ravens. Both Michael Carters, AVT, Sherwood, Elijah Moore, JJ, Garett Wilson, Clemons, Sauce, Max Mitchell and Breece Hall, all 1st and 2nd year players that contributed and played well. With Wilson behind center it is a much different game offensively and we probably win. 

It's shocking that he was able to pull that off considering the incredible success this team has had over the past decade or so!

He's only been a fan of the team since inception and has practically seen non-stop success.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Joe Beningo is the worst. Made an entire career of of feeding the "Whoa ways me" Jets fan.

Joe Beningo is the BEST. Looks like we are at an impasse. Do we have anyone is who feels like Joe Beningo is ok? It will balance us out.

Joe B made being a Jets fan tolerable for me. I owe him a debt of gratitude. 

Woe is me, btw. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Joe Beningo is the BEST. Looks like we are at an impasse. Do we have anyone is who feels like Joe Beningo is ok? It will balance us out.

Joe B made being a Jets fan tolerable for me. I owe him a debt of gratitude. 

Woe is me, btw. 

The same people who like JN because "it gives me a place to vent/commiserate" are the ones who are upset at Joe B, who does the exact same stuff, except on the radio.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Really?  I'm glad you already know what ZW is because I'm pretty sure none of the rest of the football viewing public knows yet.

Yes, he's a young QB with potential high upside but he was also among the worst QBs in the NFL last year.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The same people who like JN because "it gives me a place to vent/commiserate" are the ones who are upset at Joe B, who does the exact same stuff, except on the radio.

I cannot for the life of me understand why people would have a problem with a guy who bleeds Gotham Green as much as, if not more than most Jets fans. I will agree that some of his takes are awful, just like some of the best posters on this board. It's almost as if you can be passionate about your team while also having a different take on things. 

I think people are mad that he gets paid well for what we do for free on JN.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's shocking that he was able to pull that off considering the incredible success this team has had over the past decade or so!

He's only been a fan of the team since inception and has practically seen non-stop success.

While I am super angry with the last several years we are not the worst over our history and have had pockets of success, just havent won the big one which is the most important.  Over Beningo's lifetime (and mine) there have been a handful of seasons that have been truly disgusting with no hope. We havent won a championship but we had success in the 70's (Todd and the Sach Exchange) 80's (Ken O'Brien, Toon, McNeil, and Walt Michaels) late 90's with Parcells, 2000s with Al Groh, Mangini,Pennington, Favre., 2010 Rex......

It just bothers me how negative Beningo is

7 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

While I am super angry with the last several years we are not the worst over our history and have had pockets of success, just havent won the big one which is the most important.  Over Beningo's lifetime (and mine) there have been a handful of seasons that have been truly disgusting with no hope. We havent won a championship but we had success in the 70's (Todd and the Sach Exchange) 80's (Ken O'Brien, Toon, McNeil, and Walt Michaels) late 90's with Parcells, 2000s with Al Groh, Mangini,Pennington, Favre., 2010 Rex......

It just bothers me how negative Beningo is

He's been a Jet fan since the franchise started and you're surprised that he's negative?!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If I lived in Buffalo 20 years ago I would be dead from a fentanyl overdose by now.   You have a point?

You wrote "The fan base is diseased.  A healthy fan base would have walked away decades ago. "

The idea is that, no matter how bad things are, there is always the possibility of turning things around.  The Cubs didn't win a WS for over a century and then won in 2016. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You wrote "The fan base is diseased.  A healthy fan base would have walked away decades ago. "

The idea is that, no matter how bad things are, there is always the possibility of turning things around.  The Cubs didn't win a WS for over a century and then won in 2016. 

The entire Cub fan base died of the disease.  Once the disease had destroyed them the disease died out.  If I was a Cub fan I would be checking the water supply for signs.  

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It's hard to imagine why a Jets fan would be so negative.

image.thumb.png.3b468a227931a814b425a7748ec8b2c7.png

image.png.79357ded981688a105d7f0394e0d61a7.png

image.png.9a9fa6bfdd835b78df4c54cfedd8512c.png

image.png.51bc95e91ffa8442a3017ead759042d1.png

image.png.10618d70a3784a6b4057571aac3ed5f4.png

image.thumb.png.b64dc6a522eeea64813ec7d5b8426067.png

image.png.b5954597f507316e4267a37f9d53c6b7.png

LOL, yes they give us enough to criticize, however  (for me) Beningo often beats a dead horse. But I also feel we (as a fan base) have to stop feeding into the direct media minipulation that the Jets are the ONLY team that stuggles. How have the Jags, Bears, Detriot, Carolina, and Washington faired over the same stretch as the Jets (last 10 years)? Yet there is an specific agenda with the media because they know we (the fans) will cliche and bite. I will be critical when neccessary, I just feel Beningo is so over the top negative it feels scriptive, often nonsensible, less believable and only to set us off so we cliche or tune in. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

LOL, yes they give us enough to criticize, however  (for me) Beningo often beats a dead horse. But I also feel we (as a fan base) have to stop feeding into the direct media minipulation that the Jets are the ONLY team that stuggles. How have the Jags, Bears, Detriot, Carolina, and Washington faired over the same stretch as the Jets (last 10 years)? Yet there is an specific agenda with the media because they know we (the fans) will cliche and bite. I will be critical when neccessary, I just feel Beningo is so over the top negative it feels scriptive, often nonsensible, less believable and only to set us off so we cliche or tune in. 

In Joe Beningo's defense, he is an old man, and old men tend to complain more as they age. I'm a middle-aged man, and I complain much more than I did as a younger man. Beningo was a boy when the Jets won the Super Bowl and he has seen it all since then. He attends the games like a true fan and suffers like the rest of us. 

He doesn't speak for all Jets fans, but he does for many of us. Listening to Joe B after a loss is cathartic. 

I don't agree with all of his takes, and I agree that he can have some of the worst takes in football, but then again, he is just a Jets fan with a bigger megaphone. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's been a Jet fan since the franchise started and you're surprised that he's negative?!

I am not disagreeing with anyone who wants to criticize the Jets. There is enough to go aroubnd in that department. I just feel that Beningo jumped ship many years ago as a true fan like us and (like much of the media) is manipulating us to tune in and cliche with over the top negativity. 

9 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I am not disagreeing with anyone who wants to criticize the Jets. There is enough to go aroubnd in that department. I just feel that Beningo jumped ship many years ago as a true fan like us and (like much of the media) is manipulating us to tune in and cliche with over the top negativity. 

Benigno is a fanatic about the Jets.  I don't think he even has it in him to manipulate people for ratings.  He's just a little nuts.

Tiki’s argument is trash.
He points out that Brady figured it out at the NFL level, while simultaneously pointing out Mike White was drafted late and is what he is… not good.
I don’t care for Joe’s shtick, but his argument is viable. Mike White should get a long look. There’s no good reason for him not to. It truly reeks of politics within the org.

Not for nothing. But tiki said you can’t have drama heading into the season and be any good. If I remember correctly tiki was blasting Eli. Before 2007 started. The Giants were 0-2 and got blown out both games. Media / fans calling for Coughlins job. And the offensive line was in shambles. However they FIGURED it out that year without TIKI. And you may not like Joe B’s schtick. But he is spot on with a lot of what he said. Inmo

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

Not for nothing. But tiki said you can’t have drama heading into the season and be any good. If I remember correctly tiki was blasting Eli. Before 2007 started. The Giants were 0-2 and got blown out both games. Media / fans calling for Coughlins job. And the offensive line was in shambles. However they FIGURED it out that year without TIKI. And you may not like Joe B’s schtick. But he is spot on with a lot of what he said. Inmo

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yea, Tiki dumb + I literally said I don’t like Beningo’s shtick, but his points are viable. Not sure I needed to be told that. Lol

• Sympathy 1