It’s not just us…

Integrity28

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't understand the hate for Bowles.  He was paired with the worst GM in NFL history and comes off as a professional, albeit one that didn't show much fire on the sidelines (can ya blame him?  Nothing he could have done would have helped much).  

I can't root for the Bucs because of Brady but I only want good things for Bowles from a career perspective.  He didn't deserve the Jets.  

Bowles was awful and got just what he deserved.  He coddled and enabled fat lazy play and no effort from wo milkerson, revis and shel rich. 

He totally enable the awful effort and play of these guys.  He also did such great things as flat out gave up on games.

He stunk and players totally took advantage of him.

6 hours ago, elvispookie said:

Any early 80's fans in here?  Remember the days when Green Bay. Tampa Bay, Arizona(St. Louis), Seahawks, Colts, Bengals were just plain bad.  Yeah that was 40 years ago.. along the way EVERY ONE of those teams managed to get worse... get better.. get great.. and ALL went to the superbowl at some point. 40 years later and we go crazy that we made it to the AFC Championship game (a few times). Why? Why are we always just perennial losers?  I just dont get it.

image.gif.b6417731a6b89e704f93a0a4d2172bb7.gif

Bowles winning a SB with Brady would likely push BB over the edge; especially with his team struggling. 1-2, same as the lowly Jets and that is with his #1 LT and before he lost his #1 QB (who is choosing not to have the surgery). too bad Mac went down as he is going to have the our #2 QB sucks excuse instead of taking heat for his crappy team without Brady.

19 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Why those teams and not us?

GreenBay - HOF fame QBs Farve and Rodgers

Tampa - Elite generational defense (02) then HOF QB Brady

Arizona - fluke year got them to Superbowl otherwise they've done nothing spectacular over the last 40 years (Also HOF QB Warner)

Seahawks - Elite defense and HOF QB Russ

Colts - Great defense and HOF QB Manning

Bengals - Burrow had an elite year.  He could be one of the next great QBs but their superbowl run could also be a fluke like the Cards.

Sense a pattern?

Thats proving my point.. all these organizations were considered just as bad, if not worse, than the Jets.  All blind squirrels.. but they found the nut.. wether by accident or not... they found it!   We, on the other hand, never ever ever find anything.

13 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

And despite being a dumpster fire for the last decade +, Jets are still a top franchise ($ worth) and have folks on the wait list for season tics. So thru Woody's lens, alls good. No problems here folks. Someone help me count all this money!!!!

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

And despite being a dumpster fire for the last decade +, Jets are still a top franchise ($ worth) and have folks on the wait list for season tics. So thru Woody's lens, alls good. No problems here folks. Someone help me count all this money!!!!

It's a crazy business professional sports. That billionaires buy and control the business but through revenue sharing and market cap, even the crap teams can do well unless they are in "tiny" markets.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

It's a crazy business professional sports. That billionaires buy and control the business but through revenue sharing and market cap, even the crap teams can do well unless they are in "tiny" markets.

I recall the Raiders (in Oakland) and the Jags tarping their upper decks due to fan shortage. But that's so rare, and both teams are still Billionaires. So unless the owner REALLY REALLY wants to be king with a ring, there's not much reason for them to spend $ on an elite coaching staff, FO, or scouting. Owners like David Tepper (Carolina) seem to want to win at all costs. I wish Woody had a little more testosterone. 

• Upvote 1

What's better? A players coach like Pete 'The Sun Is Always Shining' Carroll or a true hard ass like Parcells? Who gets the players more motivated and gets the most of them? 

Rex seemed to be a players coach but would really get pissed at them at the same time, so Rex was probably a hybrid. Saleh seems to be a sunshine and skittles coach. 

What type of HC would you prefer for the Jets? Lover boy or true hard ass?