What are expectations for Garrett Wilson and Tyler Conklin

More Cowbell

32 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I really think Wilson and Wilson are going to play well together. You can see Garrett has a lot of off script juice in him and Wilson is good at that stuff. Looking for some big plays to come out of that.

I think when Zach goes off script,, all bets are off as to what he does. 

• WTF? 2

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think when Zach goes off script,, all bets are off as to what he does. 

The scramble drill is something teams practice. Some players are better at it than others. From what I've seen so far GW seems to have the ability to really take advantage of these situations. So does ZW. Could be a fun combo.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

These two were favorite targets of Flacco. Will Wilson continue to look for them or go back to the familiar targets like Davis, Carter, and Moore?

A little bit of both my friend, a little bit of both. 

Not sure how Wilson will be able to ignore G.Wilson, who seems to be wide open on every play. And I'm not sure how he stays away from a great target like Conklin. Especially when you know there will be some plays specifically designed for the TE. 

But we all know he already has chemistry with Moore, Berrios and to a degree Davis. I'm sure he will by default look their way when things break down or when other guys are covered.  

Wilson had googly eyes for Conklin in the preseason.  I actually expect him to maintain his play/target share.  You would hope the Wilson knows to look to Wilson after seeing how open he gets but we'll see, I dont particularly recall any reported chemistry between the two preseason but doesnt mean it wont be there.  Wilson loved him some Davis when healthy last year, should be interesting to see if that continues.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

These two were favorite targets of Flacco. Will Wilson continue to look for them or go back to the familiar targets like Davis, Carter, and Moore?

Zach seemed to have a really good connection with Conklin camp.  Seemed like multiple TD's every day were going to Conklin.

As for GW - He's going to get a enough first look targets and be open that'll be tough for him not get a lot of balls thrown his way.

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My biggest fear is that Zachypoo starts going to Berrios (when he's on the filed) alot more often.

He should be looking to 1. Wilson 2. Moore 3. Davis 4. Hall/Carter 5. The TE's in that order. 

Well, either Berrios, Crowder, or Cole (depending on who you like) was his best WR for the last 5 starts of his rookie year (remember that Corey Davis and E Moore were both out for the season after the Philly game), so Berrios is much further down on the pecking order than the last time he played. 

I think the QB has to throw to whoever is open and not get caught into the trap of forcing it to this guy or that guy. 

I expect that Garret Wilson will continue to be open more than any other Jets WR, as he has consistently been through 3 weeks. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My biggest fear is that Zachypoo starts going to Berrios (when he's on the filed) alot more often.

He should be looking to 1. Wilson 2. Moore 3. Davis 4. Hall/Carter 5. The TE's in that order. 

No , he should be looking for the open receiver regardless of where you rank them.