Are The Stars Finally Aligning for the Jets?

There is no doubt this team has dramatically improved with second and third year players becoming leaders and a strong rookie class.

That said, it s hard to deny our fortune in playing the Browns with Watson suspended and Miami with Tua injured and out.

Playing Green Bay in Lambeau after a loss typically is not ideal, but we did catch them the week after playing in London.  Did that impact their performance?   I dont think so , but its hard to know if that impacted the game.

Next we play Denver on a short week when they are already struggling on offense.

Then we play New England the week after they are Monday Night Football, and its at our place. Oh and their starter is out there too.

When you play a team is sometimes more important than anything else and so far it seems like we are hitting a lot of these teams when they are less than 100 per cent or when they have less time to rest and prepare.                

Its awesome that our team has taken advantage of these scheduling quirks, and I hope they spank the tired Denver and New England teams these next 2 weeks.   And I dont feel guilty at all- we ve been on the short side of these things way too many times.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Was thinking the same thing, the schedule has played out in our favor so far with playing teams on short weeks coming up (Denver, NE), playing GB after returning from London, or playing Miami the week following their QB being injured and unable to play....

Still, nothing has ever been a given for the Jets, they still have to go out their and perform, so I'm enjoying every minute and taking none of it for granted!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

for the first time in a long long time we are the team taking advantage of these opportunities- how many times have we come into a game where the opposing offensive line is hurt or even decimated licking our chops over being able to get to the qb and just failing miserably- or coming into a game knowing we’re facing the backup qb that week and letting him steamroll us? and on and on - it seemed like we sh*it the bed every time we had an opportunity - seems like those days are over - so let’s cheer every advantage we have on game day and start to expect we will capitalize on them - j-e-t-s jets jets jets!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

There is no doubt this team has dramatically improved with second and third year players becoming leaders and a strong rookie class.

That said, it s hard to deny our fortune in playing the Browns with Watson suspended and Miami with Tua injured and out.

Playing Green Bay in Lambeau after a loss typically is not ideal, but we did catch them the week after playing in London.  Did that impact their performance?   I dont think so , but its hard to know if that impacted the game.

Next we play Denver on a short week when they are already struggling on offense.

Then we play New England the week after they are Monday Night Football, and its at our place. Oh and their starter is out there too.

When you play a team is sometimes more important than anything else and so far it seems like we are hitting a lot of these teams when they are less than 100 per cent or when they have less time to rest and prepare.                

Its awesome that our team has taken advantage of these scheduling quirks, and I hope they spank the tired Denver and New England teams these next 2 weeks.   And I dont feel guilty at all- we ve been on the short side of these things way too many times.

Up until GB, I was thinking we were fortunate with all the QB injuries. GB was the real deal. Jet lag is only one day of being sleepy and then you are fine. They went to UK, not China. That win was legit. As far as Denver, that team is awful on O. The reciever  group is probably the worst in the NFL.  We should be stacking the box to stop Murray every play and put Sauce and Reed one on one. There really isn't a receiving threat unless that rookie TE has a coming out game but I doubt it. Wilson looks like a shell of himself. There were flashes of the old Wilson yesterday  but we should be able to handle flashes. I'm more worried about NE. BB takes great joy in beating us. I am hoping our pass rusher put Zappe or Jones on the ground and hit them all day. We just need to not blow any coverages in the secondary and should be fine. NE can run but so could GB. I think this might be the year we give NE minimally  a scare. 

• Upvote 2

GB is struggling so they are not a great team. But, they are the type of team that historically the Jets lose too. In fact, historically, Rogers would have had a career day against the Jets, and we would be the team to help them turn it around. Instead, this year, Cleveland was the team that helped us turn it around and Cleveland played the Jets historic role. 

While it is too early to say if the.Jets are a good team, they are clearly not a bad team. The next 4 games will tell the tale.

I am hopeful we win 2 of them giving us a 6-4 record; if they beat the Bears, they would go into December with a 7-4 record - finally a meaningful December. With the Lions and Jags in the mix we have a shot at 9 wins and if we take one of the last 2 games, we could end the season with 10 wins and a shot at the playoffs. There are a lot of ifs, wishes, and hopes in there, but it could be a great season and much better than I expected.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

GB is struggling so they are not a great team. But, they are the type of team that historically the Jets lose too. In fact, historically, Rogers would have had a career day against the Jets, and we would be the team to help them turn it around. Instead, this year, Cleveland was the team that helped us turn it around and Cleveland played the Jets historic role. 

While it is too early to say if the.Jets are a good team, they are clearly not a bad team. The next 4 games will tell the tale.

I am hopeful we win 2 of them giving us a 6-4 record; if they beat the Bears, they would go into December with a 7-4 record - finally a meaningful December. With the Lions and Jags in the mix we have a shot at 9 wins and if we take one of the last 2 games, we could end the season with 10 wins and a shot at the playoffs. There are a lot of ifs, wishes, and hopes in there, but it could be a great season and much better than I expected.

The realist is me agrees that beating Denver and then NE at home, then losing to the Bills and Pats away is most likely, I cant wait to see how we do in those last 2 games , and nothing would give me greater joy than the Jets kicking NE ass twice this year!

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

The realist is me agrees that beating Denver and then NE at home, then losing to the Bills and Pats away is most likely, I cant wait to see how we do in those last 2 games , and nothing would give me greater joy than the Jets kicking NE ass twice this year!

I think the games against the Pats are going to be a struggle, regardless of where the game takes place.  I'd be more than happy if we could get a split against them.  (It would mean Saleh can actually beat BB).  Just because we had a big win against GB, this team still has a plenty more to prove.  While it would be great to run roughshod over the rest of the league, I don't think that's where we're at.  Maybe we can get there if ZW makes a leap.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think the games against the Pats are going to be a struggle, regardless of where the game takes place.  I'd be more than happy if we could get a split against them.  (It would mean Saleh can actually beat BB).  Just because we had a big win against GB, this team still has a plenty more to prove.  While it would be great to run roughshod over the rest of the league, I don't think that's where we're at.  Maybe we can get there if ZW makes a leap.

Buffalo is going to be a great test for Wilson.  They can score and play very good defense.   I dont see just running the ball will be enough though it will be key to keeping Allen and Co off the field.  Cant wait to Sauce on Diggs.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, SicilianPizza said:

We also played 3 games with a washed up Joe Flacco at QB. 

Say what you want about Zach, but he’s at the very least an upgrade over Joe Flacco who can’t move at all and only wanted to check down to Michael Carter. 

what games were you watching? GW had the best 2 games of his career with Flacco. only the Ravens game did Carter have 7 catches and the OL was brutal. and still Davis 6, Moore 5, Berrios 5 caught alot of passes.

yeah he was a statue but the WRs had the best 3 weeks with him. 

NE worries me. i fully expect Bill to come up with a game plan that limits Hall and forces Zach to throw it 30 times or more. and if they win other teams will copy it. 

i have no faith that the Denver HC can figure that out. we can beat Denver with the run game.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, SicilianPizza said:

We also played 3 games with a washed up Joe Flacco at QB. 

Say what you want about Zach, but he’s at the very least an upgrade over Joe Flacco who can’t move at all and only wanted to check down to Michael Carter. 

This is what I was going to say, and also we are down both starting tackles from the start of the season

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

what games were you watching? GW had the best 2 games of his career with Flacco. only the Ravens game did Carter have 7 catches and the OL was brutal. and still Davis 6, Moore 5, Berrios 5 caught alot of passes.

yeah he was a statue but the WRs had the best 3 weeks with him. 

5.8 YPA for Flacco compared to 7.6 YPA in Zach’s 3 games. 

Flacco piled up a bunch of inefficient passing yards in garbage time. 

Flacco also netted most of his production against an awful Browns defense. 

11 minutes ago, doitny said:

NE worries me. i fully expect Bill to come up with a game plan that limits Hall and forces Zach to throw it 30 times or more. and if they win other teams will copy it. 

i have no faith that the Denver HC can figure that out. we can beat Denver with the run game.

I m not worried about NE   We have better players all around.  Want to see Zappe throwing at our DBs.  We stack the box and stop their run and make NE have to pass.   Im predicting we beat Denver and NE and are playing Buffalo with first place on the line.  If this team keeps coming together , it could even be a great game.  And the bye comes at a great point right after that!

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I m not worried about NE   We have better players all around.  Want to see Zappe throwing at our DBs.  We stack the box and stop their run and make NE have to pass.   Im predicting we beat Denver and NE and are playing Buffalo with first place on the line.  If this team keeps coming together , it could even be a great game.  And the bye comes at a great point right after that!

never underestimate Bill Belichick. he got a 4th rd rookie QB who in his 2nd game throw for 300 yds. we might have better players but his players play for him. and he is a hell of a defensive coach.

and Bill gave Zach his worst game last year. and i dont see Zach as being calmer and more collective in the pocket this year. you can rattle Zach. the NE game will be really tough

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Buffalo is going to be a great test for Wilson.  They can score and play very good defense.   I dont see just running the ball will be enough though it will be key to keeping Allen and Co off the field.  Cant wait to Sauce on Diggs.

Agreed beating Buffalo, which i do not think is likely, would be a mark that this team is not only good, but very good. NE isn't very good, but BB has a way to make games tough; beating NE once or twice would also make a statement.

We're playing much better than we did last year, with what looks like alot more talent (and high-end talent) than we had last year.

That's enough for me for now. 

I don't need to project it into, as Joe WIllie likes to spam, some "generational" "great for decades" "multiple Super Bowls" thing just yet.

Being improved, and seeing where it goes this week vs. Denver, is more than enough for me right now.  

We still have several spots where material improvement will be needed to take on the big boys of the NFL. 

Hopefully we can sort them out as the year goes on, and get into the postseason.  That would be great, a real sign of an improved team.

Hell, I'm just happy that we're no longer hearing "2022 is just about seeing what we got in Zach, not winning" or "it's really about 2024 and beyond" anymore, lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ncjetman said:

for the first time in a long long time we are the team taking advantage of these opportunities- how many times have we come into a game where the opposing offensive line is hurt or even decimated licking our chops over being able to get to the qb and just failing miserably- or coming into a game knowing we’re facing the backup qb that week and letting him steamroll us? and on and on - it seemed like we sh*it the bed every time we had an opportunity - seems like those days are over - so let’s cheer every advantage we have on game day and start to expect we will capitalize on them - j-e-t-s jets jets jets!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

This.  I've watched this team get shredded by Matt Barkley fresh off the streets.  Just last year they made Brett Rypien look like a star.  Besides, there is a lot of very bad QB's playing in the NFL right now, so the Jets arent the only team w/ this advantage every week.  Oh and they just beat Rodgers in Green Bay.

32 minutes ago, doitny said:

The Jets are playing really good football right now but they have to earn it each and every week.   While I think we can beat Denver, I don't think it's a given.  I expect it to be a close game. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

never underestimate Bill Belichick. he got a 4th rd rookie QB who in his 2nd game throw for 300 yds. we might have better players but his players play for him. and he is a hell of a defensive coach.

and Bill gave Zach his worst game last year. and i dont see Zach as being calmer and more collective in the pocket this year. you can rattle Zach. the NE game will be really tough

This. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SicilianPizza said:

5.8 YPA for Flacco compared to 7.6 YPA in Zach’s 3 games. 

Flacco piled up a bunch of inefficient passing yards in garbage time. 

Flacco also netted most of his production against an awful Browns defense. 

this is true, but he wasnt just checking it down to Carter all day like you said. 

10 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

You sound like the media- making excuses for our wins. In football, you make your own luck!

1 minute ago, doitny said:

If they are throwing for 300 yds that tells me they cant run well.   As Sauce says if they cant score, they cant win.   I cant imagine how loud Metlife will be for that game if we beat Denver next Sunday.

• Upvote 1