While I don't expect the Jets to beat Buffalo, I'm not sure I understand the 12.5 point spread.

Alka

4 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Smart Vegas people have jets as 8 point dogs..  They line is too high based on how poorly the jets looked in the second half last week and how dominate the Bills have been... 

After touch 13.5 heavy money has come in on the jets all the way to +11...

This is a huge bet on spot for the jets in terms of the gamblers. All public money is on bills and all the smart money is on the Jets... Jets easily cover

That's what I think.  The Jets D will keep the team in the game.  Although the Jets have suffered major injuries, what's notable to me is that all of the injuries have come on offense, and not on defense. My biggest concern for this game is, "Can the Jets control the ball and eat up clock?"  If they continue to get "3 and outs", then the defense will get gassed, and that's how the score could get out of whack.

For me, the Jets need to get first downs and attempt to get good field position, even when they have to punt to Buffalo.  Make Buffalo go on long drives, and for the Jets, move the chains and keep the defense fresh.  

I believe that the best that Jets fans can hope for is an ugly game on Sunday, where not a lot of points are scored, but field position is key.  Contain the Buffalo QB from running for 1st downs and long runs.  Keep him from getting outside, and contain him.  Contain him, contain him, contain him.  No turnovers on offense.  Play ugly ball, but give yourselves a chance.  

3 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Jets are the best D we've faced too. It works both ways. Someone on TV was saying how to beat (or slow down) Allen you need to be able to rush with 4 without having to blitz. The Jets can do that all day and our line isn't the best. I think the Jets will make life really difficult for the Bills offense.

I do think the Bills will have some successful drives but they'll be scattered throughout the game. key to me is whether Wilson can lead the offense to points of their own. 

In the second game last season it was close for 3 quarters and then the Jets D got tired from being on the field so much, so the offense has to sustain some drives and help the D stay fresh. I think this is an intriguing game when you look at the Bills rankings offensively and the Jets rankings on D. 

Wow!!  Logic from a Bills fan!  I love it!

Buffalo should win this game, but us Jets fans are fickle.  We lost a painful game last week, and everyone sees the sky falling in Jets land.  The Jets defense is playing very, very well, and it seems to be not a mirage.  Jets I think can make this a game, but in the end, Josh Allen should be the difference, I think with his legs.  Will Zach Wilson duplicate his performance from last week?  If he does, then Buffalo will win by 30 points.  If Zach can control himself and play within his abilities, then the game will be won either way in the 4th quarter.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Bills are currently # 1 in the NFL in ppg allowed (14.0).  They're also:

• # 2 in Score % (26.1)
  • t-4th in turnovers forced (14)
  • # 2 in INTs forced (11)
  • # 1 in INT % (4.7)
  • # 2 in Turnover % (17.4)
  • # 3 in Opponent QB Rating (73.8)
  • # 6 in Passing YPA (6.6)
  • t-2nd in fewest Passing TDs allowed (7)
  • # 5 in Sack % (8.2)
  • # 5 in Pass Deflections (41)
  • # 5 in Rushing YPA (4.1)
  • # 6 in Yards per Play allowed (5.0)

Elite offense AND elite defense.  If you're expecting the Jets D to carry the day and for the Jets O to do "just enough to win"......good luck with that.

Ok 

This is the same Bills team Miami beat, and we beat Miami in a blowout. I know, I know, different QB. But point is, any team in a division can beat any other team. We drafted to beat the Bills, especially Breece Hall and Sauce Garnder. Use Breece to control the game, keeping Josh Allen on the bench, use Sauce and company to take away the easy completions to give Q and company a chance at getting to Allen.

But we'll need a little extra tomorrow. Breece is out, and now Robinson our new RB may be out too (knee). Call up BamBam? Call up The Strev? Show the Bills something they haven't seen on tape before? A good to great complete game from the kid from BYU?

Our D will do just fine, I'd be surprised if Bills score more than one TD in the first half. It's the second half, after adjustments, where we need to shine, keep up the pressure, and get a few lucky breaks.

On 11/4/2022 at 7:00 PM, Alka said:

If the Jets play the way they did during the 4 game win streak, then Buffalo will not win by 13 points.  If the Jets play the way they did last week, with turnovers and costly mistakes, then 12 1/2 points isn't enough.

I believe that the Jets will clean up their mistakes from last week, and put on a competitive game against Buffalo.  If that happens, then this will be a very interesting game.

I've spoken to several Jets fans this week, and no one, not myself, believes that the Jets will win this game.  

But why can't they be competitive?  The D line is very, very good, and the defensive backs on this Jets team are very, very good.  That hasn't changed at all.  Yes, the  offensive line is suspect right now, and Zach will have to protect the ball much better than he did last game.  He will.  

I think that Jets fans will be again disgusted this week, because I think the Jets could win without mistakes, but mistakes will happen.   Ultimately, the Jets will lose by a field goal, and piss off all of us once again, 2 weeks in a row.  

i think it comes down to what's expected from this offense.  buffalo will put points on the board and their defense is good enough to give the jet offense a real hard time especially if wilson plays like he did against the patsies.

On 11/4/2022 at 7:00 PM, Alka said:

I believe that the Jets will clean up their mistakes from last week, and put on a competitive game against Buffalo.  If that happens, then this will be a very interesting game.

The Jets did indeed clean up their mistakes from last week.  12 1/2 points was too much.  I should have bet on the game, but ultimately, I chickened out.

On 11/5/2022 at 2:57 PM, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Jets are the best D we've faced too. It works both ways. Someone on TV was saying how to beat (or slow down) Allen you need to be able to rush with 4 without having to blitz. The Jets can do that all day and our line isn't the best. I think the Jets will make life really difficult for the Bills offense.

I do think the Bills will have some successful drives but they'll be scattered throughout the game. key to me is whether Wilson can lead the offense to points of their own. 

In the second game last season it was close for 3 quarters and then the Jets D got tired from being on the field so much, so the offense has to sustain some drives and help the D stay fresh. I think this is an intriguing game when you look at the Bills rankings offensively and the Jets rankings on D. 

Well I was right!

8 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Well I was right!

Well, I think both of us agree that this Jets defense takes a back seat to no one.  Buffalo's defense is right there with the Jets, for sure.  I hope that the rest of the NFL will now give the Jets their due, and understand that even when the Jets offense falls apart on occasion, the defense isn't going anywhere.  that's why I just didn't understand the 12 1/2 point spread, especially with the Jets playing at home.