Jump to content

Mike White Completed Passes to More Receivers (10), Than Zach's Total Completions Last Week (9)


JetBlue
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is what we were hoping to see from Mike White.  Complete the easy passes, take what the defense gave him and make the occasional big throw.   He did not "lock in" on one receiver as Zach has been prone to do, making it easier for defenses.   He also got the ball out a lot quicker and was decisive in his throws.   It just goes to show you don't need "elite arm talent" to run an offense effectively.   White has now gone over 300 twice in just 4 games (both wins) and Zach has one in 19 games (a loss).   I am not totally giving up on Wilson but it is obvious he is not ready to lead an offense and probably needs to sit for the rest of the season barring injury.   

I would bring in a vet quarterback and let him compete with White and Wilson for the starting job.    The worst thing JD and Saleh did was not making him compete for the job last year.   It has set his development back and who knows if he will ever become the quarterback he was projected to be.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mike white was great. And I hope he can continue but let’s step back, the jets , the NY Jets , are gonna get so lucky that they had a FQB on there team buried down their depth chart for 2 years? When does anything this lucky ever happen to the Jets?  And let’s face it Mike White being on this team is straight luck. The team thought so much of him that when ZW went down 2021 they traded for Flacco, the team that started him as QB3 this year, is gonna turn out to be the guy we’ve been looking for since Namath? I just can’t see it happening. Nothing against White, (who was dam near perfect), the jets just don’t have that luck 

 

Man I hope I’m wrong 

  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, August said:

The piling on is hilarious 

It is not piling on; it is stating facts.  No one wanted or still wants Zach to succeed more than me.   But at this point, it is obvious he needs alot of work.  I am hoping he can set back and learn from what White is doing and adapt his game.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Mike white was great. And I hope he can continue but let’s step back, the jets , the NY Jets , are gonna get so lucky that they had a FQB on there team buried down their depth chart for 2 years? When does anything this lucky ever happen to the Jets?  And let’s face it Mike White being on this team is straight luck. The team thought so much of him that when ZW went down 2021 they traded for Flacco, the team that started him as QB3 this year, is gonna turn out to be the guy we’ve been looking for since Namath? I just can’t see it happening. Nothing against White, (who was dam near perfect), the jets just don’t have that luck 

 

Man I hope I’m wrong 

I am just highlighting the fact that White successfully spread the ball around.   That is because he does a better job of seeing the field and finding the open receiver.    The other thing is White was decisive with the ball.  Part of the issue with Zach going back to last year, is holding on to the football too long, even more so the last few games.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I am just highlighting the fact that White successfully spread the ball around.   That is because he does a better job of seeing the field and finding the open receiver.    The other thing is White was decisive with the ball.  Part of the issue with Zach going back to last year, is holding on to the football too long, even more so the last few games.  

Bro, I’m with it. Just have reservations based on nothing but jets luck in the passed. 
MW was awesome today. It was amazing how he got everyone involved. Everyone 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Mike white was great. And I hope he can continue but let’s step back, the jets , the NY Jets , are gonna get so lucky that they had a FQB on there team buried down their depth chart for 2 years? When does anything this lucky ever happen to the Jets?  And let’s face it Mike White being on this team is straight luck. The team thought so much of him that when ZW went down 2021 they traded for Flacco, the team that started him as QB3 this year, is gonna turn out to be the guy we’ve been looking for since Namath? I just can’t see it happening. Nothing against White, (who was dam near perfect), the jets just don’t have that luck 

 

Man I hope I’m wrong 

Brady and Cousins to name a few who turned injuries from the FQB to turn into a FQB.

im not putting much stock into them trading for Flacco last year since they did draft Zach who is looking more like a bust every day. 

Mike White is the 5th Jet QB in history to have multiple 300 yd 3 TD games (2). O' Brien (7), Namath and Todd (5). the other was some QB from the 60s with 2. and White has 3 complete games.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Mike White isn’t signed past this year. Enjoy while you can fools! 

thats interesting to think about. 

lets play devils advocate here. if White plays well and leads us to the playoffs we should resign him right? but he is probably going to want much more than his what 2.5 mil salary? Zach is making around 10 mil. i think he would want more than Zach. could be an interesting decision. 

people complaining about signing a big name QB and we might be paying 25 mil for 2 QBs. again its all depends on White leading us to the playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, doitny said:

Brady and Cousins to name a few who turned injuries from the FQB to turn into a FQB.

im not putting much stock into them trading for Flacco last year since they did draft Zach who is looking more like a bust every day. 

Mike White is the 5th Jet QB in history to have multiple 300 yd 3 TD games (2). O' Brien (7), Namath and Todd (5). the other was some QB from the 60s with 2. and White has 3 complete games.

You Can Not compare QB stats of Today with QB stats of those who played 40, 50. and 60 years ago... Football IS A Passing League Today... Did White play Very Well Today?... As Rocky would say. ABSOLUTELY, but it was 1 game against a banged-up team... Hopefully White Continues what he did today the rest of the season. I WILL DEFINITELY BE ROOTING FOR HIM. 👏 👏👏

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...