We could’ve had Trevor…

Team archer

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

That Rams game was THEE worst day in Jets history, which is really saying something. 

Just now, neckdemon said:

Seriously. So annoying the people who rhink winning the game was a better outcome. Literally the dumbest win in jets history

Not necessarily. Look at that draft it was loaded.  It just wasn’t loaded at qb because Trevor was the only good prospect.  Mac Jones was a decent prospect.  Aside from that there was nothing at qb but the other positions it was loaded

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Not necessarily. Look at that draft it was loaded.  It just wasn’t loaded at qb because Trevor was the only good prospect.  Mac Jones was a decent prospect.  Aside from that there was nothing at qb but the other positions it was loaded

I wanted sewell and give darnold another chance. Would've been a much better outcome

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Ja’Marr Chase would have been a nice consolation prize. But we went with magic underwear instead. Yay!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

I will never understand wanting your team to lose for a draft pick. Especially when the majority don’t play to initial expectations. Trevor Lawrence is an ok NFL QB at this stage. He is still doesn’t look like a sure thing.

Seriously. If the Jets picked Jamarr Chase would anyone be complaining. Who knows if the Jets take Wilson with the #1 overall pick. 

3 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

I will never understand wanting your team to lose for a draft pick. Especially when the majority don’t play to initial expectations. Trevor Lawrence is an ok NFL QB at this stage. He is still doesn’t look like a sure thing.

Really?!  I think Trevor is starting to really put it together.  Starting to remind me of Josh Allen.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Exactly what I wanted to do before that draft.  Trade down with some desperate QB needed team and keep building he team.  I wanted to either ride Darnold for one more year or if they insisted on dumping him to bring in some hold the fort guy.  I thought the whole draft class at QB was very overrated, too bad the jets happened to pick the very worst of the bunch by the looks of it.

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Ja’Marr Chase would have been a nice consolation prize. But we went with magic underwear instead. Yay!

Sewell (funny how we now have a glaring OT need) Chase, Fields, I would have taken any of them over ZW and his one year of production standing in pockets with no defenders within 8 yards of him 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Exactly what I wanted to do before that draft.  Trade down with some desperate QB needed team and keep building he team.  I wanted to either ride Darnold for one more year or if they insisted on dumping him to bring in some hold the fort guy.  I thought the whole draft class at QB was very overrated, too bad the jets happened to pick the very worst of the bunch by the looks of it.

Jets picked one of the worst first round qbs ever!!!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, PositiveJet said:

Seriously. If the Jets picked Jamarr Chase would anyone be complaining. Who knows if the Jets take Wilson with the #1 overall pick. 

There is no way in hell the Jets were taking Wilson over Lawrence. Not even Chris Simms would have done it if he was the actual GM put in that situation.

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Was easy to do though. Bench good players and say you're evaluating what you have for next year

I was rooting for us to lose though I do respect the organization for trying to win because it's better for the sport as a whole.  I think Jax kind of did what you said. 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Should have drafted a position player at 2 and stuck it out with Darnold and a Veteran one more year. But the sexy pick always is qb

• Upvote 1

Really?!  I think Trevor is starting to really put it together.  Starting to remind me of Josh Allen.

He is definitely better in year 2, no doubt. But is he living up to all the pre draft hype, and do you see him ultimately getting to that level? I didn’t after tonight. He looked like a pretty competent NFL QB to me.

The thing with Trevor Lawrence is and I’m not trying to take anything away from him. He’s been playing well but I feel like a lot of his hype is because people wanted him to be good so they’re overselling anything he does positively. The pick should’ve been Justin Fields tbh.