Unemotional perspective on JD, Saleh, MLF. Keep or Let Go?

11 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Lol!  I don’t even know what we are debating anymore.  My last reply was to answer your question about how my original post was an attempt at being unemotional.

My use of the word stupid came after one of your trademark snarky responses.  Go back and read it.  

Im laughing because you seem to be very emotional about the whole thing ;).  Take a couple deep breaths for Christ sake.

Most of my posts are of the analytical variety.  I also ask a lot of questions because I’m interested why someone feels a certain way.  There is no pretending.

Go have a beer on me.  Let’s move on for the sake of all of us.

We aren’t debating, because you called the first thing I said that suggested disagreement ‘stupid’. You couldn’t take criticism or disagreement, keep over-explaining your nonsense, but then… you’re suggesting I’m bothered? ???

50 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Could be but would he have been better than one armed Brown was my thinking.  Unfortunately for us he would have been better than Fant.

I don’t think we can judge the TE signings fairly.  As bad as the OL has been, along with QB play I think we may need a little more time.  also as good s the Jets entire secondary has been, not seeing the Whithead signing as a bad one. 

Whitehead needs to be more impactful as a FA. He doesn’t suck, but FA come at a premium.

TEs we’re emphasized often enough. Conklin had bad drops. Zach really couldn’t get the ball to anyone consistently, so yeah… jury is out.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jNYC1 said:

I’ll repeat - I like JD and want him to stay.

It’s order of bad…

Laken was a massive, disastrous signing.  Set the offense back - especially given all of the injuries. If he was even slightly below average this year it would have helped our offense tremendously.

Whitehead has decent tackling but is not a “good” safety and is a massive overpay.  Safety play has been a weak link in the defense.

Those two signings were important to get right and we missed.

Very few FA signings in the first two months of FA    have worked out.  First two months of FA are like the first 2 rounds of draft. Big investments

Whitehead has been fine. The defense is a top 5. 7 pass defensed, 2 ints and 4 TFL.

What does the 1st 2 months have to do with anything? I'm not following.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

100% disagree, our all world defense generated 1 turnover and 0 ints in the 5 game slide.

Our all world defense got destroyed in the 1st two drives in a must win seattle game.

Our all world defense allowed just a heinous game losing td to 12th string TE in the detroit game.

Our all world defense took a mind numbing idiotic offside penalty when the other team was obviously just trying to draw us offside.

Both our linebackers are just awesome....as long as you run right at them, otherwise they are over matched in all other areas

Laughable to say JFM is a bargain, he's overrated as hell

How many points have they given up in the 5 game slide? 109 points for 21.8 per game.

How many TDs has the Jets scored in the past 5 games, 4. 

I disagree with your disagreement

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Claymation said:

How many points have they given up in the 5 game slide? 109 points for 21.8 per game.

How many TDs has the Jets scored in the past 5 games, 4. 

I disagree with your disagreement

Do you disagree with the points i made?  You win and lose most games in this league due to turnovers.  We do not generate turnovers.  We give up plays at bad times.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Do you disagree with the points i made?  You win and lose most games in this league due to turnovers.  We do not generate turnovers.  We give up plays at bad times.

If the Jets had averaged 3 turnovers over the last 5 games, they still would have lost every game. This offense is beyond pathetic, they can't score TDs. They can't run the ball, and that's a Jets problem.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

If the Jets had averaged 3 turnovers over the last 5 games, they still would have lost every game. This offense is beyond pathetic, they can't score TDs. They can't run the ball, and that's a Jets problem.

jets are 28th in turnovers created.   That's a problem.  Hey no argument that offense is the bigger issue but to say the jets defense is fine or good is simply not correct.  They have played poorly during this losing streak.

• Upvote 1

Ulbrich has largely escaped fan ire because of the overall defensive stats.

But is he really the answer?

He’s got 2 of the top outside corners in football, a stud DT, decent EDGE rushers, yet the guy NEVER BLITZES.

This defense never forces a turnover, never scores.

Meanwhile, BB’s defense is taking it to the house every freaking week.

In pivotal moments the defense has collapsed.  Detroit game cost a W when they forgot to cover the 4th string TE and then let him run 60 yards untouched.

They got torched by 2 scrub TEs in Seattle and the game was essentially over.

It’s arguable that with this much talent on defense, the coordinator has actually underachieved.

19 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Worked out for the Giants. 

They are currently 2 games better than the Jets and take a look at the Giants "killer" schedule and who they beat. The only marginal good teams they beat were Was , Ten and Bal. They beat Jax and Gb when they were struggling. Not a lot of quality wins on that sched. 

13 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

We aren’t debating, because you called the first thing I said that suggested disagreement ‘stupid’. You couldn’t take criticism or disagreement, keep over-explaining your nonsense, but then… you’re suggesting I’m bothered? ???

You sure seem to be.  Maybe a relaxing weekend away would do you some good.  I keep trying to move on but am now concerned for your emotional well being.

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

jets are 28th in turnovers created.   That's a problem.  Hey no argument that offense is the bigger issue but to say the jets defense is fine or good is simply not correct.  They have played poorly during this losing streak.

Not that I like PFF, but this defense is pretty, pretty good

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47grt8jw1lzd9bmcx896

3 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

You sure seem to be.  Maybe a relaxing weekend away would do you some good.  I keep trying to move on but am now concerned for your emotional well being.

“I’m trying to move on” … reply, reply, reply.

It seems more like you’re worried about onlookers seeing you melt down after 1 post that challenged you… Now we’re into that whole trying to convince them I’m bothered, not you thing.

I bet it’s working. 

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

“I’m trying to move on” … reply, reply, reply.

It seems more like you’re worried about onlookers seeing you melt down after 1 post that challenged you… Now we’re into that whole trying to convince them I’m bothered, not you thing.

I bet it’s working. 

So you just called out what you are doing.  It’s really silly at this point.

No meltdown here, having a bowl of Cheerios with grapes and heading to work.  Woke up to this nonsense after trying to move on.  

You seem to be waiting for my replies.  Did you sleep last night?  Spend anything with the fam?

Id be lying though if I said it wasn’t fun getting under your skin.  Most people I like, that’s why I enjoy engaging on this platform.  You and I don’t like each other, that’s fine ..  it happens in life.

To be crystal clear though, I don’t dislike you because of disagreements.  I wouldn’t come here if everyone shared the same opinion.  I actually dislike you because I find you to be an arrogant person who is filled with snark.  Me personally, I’m not afraid to call it out.  

Unfortunately you both have taken what was originally a good, thoughtful thread and turned it into a 2 man pissing contest. You guys do realize that if one or the other of you stops posting to each other it doesn’t mean the other guy has won, right?

4 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

So you just called out what you are doing.  It’s really silly at this point.

No meltdown here, having a bowl of Cheerios with grapes and heading to work.  Woke up to this nonsense after trying to move on.  

You seem to be waiting for my replies.  Did you sleep last night?  Spend anything with the fam?

Id be lying though if I said it wasn’t fun getting under your skin.  Most people I like, that’s why I enjoy engaging on this platform.  You and I don’t like each other, that’s fine ..  it happens in life.

To be crystal clear though, I don’t dislike you because of disagreements.  I wouldn’t come here if everyone shared the same opinion.  I actually dislike you because I find you to be an arrogant person who is filled with snark.  Me personally, I’m not afraid to call it out.  

I like you just fine. You’re making this super personal. All I did was say it seems like an emotional post - the rest has been you trying your hardest to insinuate I have problems and calling my replies stupid. Lots of words, no substance… you seem like a fraud.

Every time I try to steer us back to my initial reply, you go further down the path of talking about me personally... But sure, you’re the one trying to move on and clearly unbothered.

1 reply and you melted like butter. 

4 hours ago, Joejet said:

Unfortunately you both have taken what was originally a good, thoughtful thread and turned it into a 2 man pissing contest. You guys do realize that if one or the other of you stops posting to each other it doesn’t mean the other guy has won, right?

I won after 1 post. The rest is just shaking my groove thang.

This is a stupid narrative that doesn’t even exist.
We gave Rex and Tanny plenty of time. Idzik got axed justifiably.
Bowles and Mac got plenty of time.
Gase got two seasons which was a long time considering he shouldn’t have even been hired.
Douglas is going into year 4. Saleh into year 3.
This is usually how long losers last in this league. They will both get 2024, but firing them then is not some some musical chairs game of HC/GM

Consider the amount of draft capital that has been squandered by by frequent changes in philosophy. You could say that perennially good teams are successful because they have have solid executives and coaching staff in place. You could also say that part of that success comes as a result of being able to build in continuity.

I believe saleh and Douglas had a solid plan in place to bring some consistency to personnel, develop depth and be competitive rather than perennial basement dwellers. Injuries hurt us bad, as did zack's failure to develop.

I've enjoyed meaningful games in December and not seeing the team get blown out, but stating competitive. The results sucked at the end of the season, and I'm not passing out participation trophies, but I do think think the overall trajectory of the team has significantly improved and I'm not sure regime change speeds anything up on this front.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1