Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

well fwiw most were posting in real time .... looking back on it, as you are, is a totally different perspective.

Eh, I’m not sure I agree. I do catch ups and react real-time as I read, in order to fairly exhibit what my reactions are too… and this was dealt with as if none of these guys knew what they signed up for.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When the f**k have we ever seen Deputy as a scum role??

I didn't say we've seen a "scum Deputy", I said we've seen scum investigator roles before.....and deputy is just a backup to an investigator role.  Don't make more of it than it is.  He's a deputy.....something.

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

Jesus Christ you lazy, non-working, waste of resources.    Do any of you not have a job?    I'm currenly on a call too and log on to see all of these mentions I have gone quiet.......DURING THE WORK DAY.  Oh an since this morning, I have many more pages to read.  I'll come up with some stupid theory later.

This is how I used to sound when I came back from a weekend to 30 pages during JN's heyday.  Now get off my ******* lawn.

29 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

True?  Vets of the game how certain are we the deputy reveal is real is town?  

Cautiously optimistic, that's about it.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Eh, I’m not sure I agree. I do catch ups and react real-time as I read, in order to fairly exhibit what my reactions are too… and this was dealt with as if none of these guys knew what they signed up for.

To be fair, it's Nolder - he's modded dozens of games and nobody knows what to expect.  And that includes Nolder.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Well the more people focus on the one topic the less info we get over all. I pushed a few people to get reaction had no desire to get too involved with that main argument as I'm trying to steer away from that style of play.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Verbal said:

To be fair, it's Nolder - he's modded dozens of games and nobody knows what to expect.  And that includes Nolder.

Joking aside, anyone gaming the mod with this simplistic crap is also forgetting to gane the mod with the fact that 1.) it’s Nolderp and 2.) he’s played and modded 100+ games and 3.) he loves to talk about the limitations and conventions of the game and mechanics.

In all, the deputy thing to me = “okay, what else is going on here”.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Well the more people focus on the one topic the less info we get over all. I pushed a few people to get reaction had no desire to get too involved with that main argument as I'm trying to steer away from that style of play.

Was just going to make a similar point. This debate has disallowed any other conversational threads.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Nah, bro. Not liking the narrative explanation.

Jif, I’ve already said, I don’t put any stock in the trap info on Barry. I don’t believe lynching him gets us into. Scum knows If he’s really deputy, let scum deal with it. 

It let's us know if the traps give us accurate information.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think there's a good chance, by design which is why I'm wtl jif or 80

Eh, I very intentionally push in big debate to the front as town all the time. It allowed for the perception that in the fracas there was cover for scum - that’s where I scum hunt. 

All this to say, I don’t see scum doing a head-2-head like this. Rather, look at who has quietly encouraged either side of the debate to keep going. Odds of the game suggest 80 and Jif are town, so who is pushing town in town violence?

On 1/12/2023 at 1:13 AM, Nolder said:

Players

1. The Crusher

2. 80

3. Lurker

4. jgb 

5. Jvill

6. Verbal 

7. Stark

8. Arsis

9. Jif 

10. Pac

11. Ape

12. Smash

13. Green seed

14. Beaver

15. Barry

16. Hal N

Sub1. Drums

The 3 in bold:

jville has posted, but what? Anything of substance? Or is it just sorta ‘look like I’m playing’ fodder.

pac is hiding. he always does as scum, because he sucks.

beaver is clearly following the thread, by the sporadic comments, but keeping his hands clean.

The 4 underline:

All 4 have posted snd are acting or commenting like they just arrived in the Land if the Lost (awesome mafia theme idea, btw).

23 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The 3 in bold:

jville has posted, but what? Anything of substance? Or is it just sorta ‘look like I’m playing’ fodder.

beaver is clearly following the thread, by the sporadic comments, but keeping his hands clean.

The 4 underline:

All 4 have posted snd are acting or commenting like they just arrived in the Land if the Lost (awesome mafia theme idea, btw).

I could easily go pac here if in the very least to get his ass contributing to the game. He always does this,  "im not bothering to read" sh*t and that's getting old, its been like 5 years now of the same old crap that really does nothing at all to help scum hunt.

Didn't we do a land of the lost ? I remember someone suggesting it. Just like I have suggested 900 times doing an epic Deadwood game

55 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The 3 in bold:

The 4 underline:

on pac - doesn't he always do this when he doesn't have a PR too? not that i care if he gets lynched. seems to make it safe either way.

no idea what your land of the lost comment means. never saw or read it.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

You work for Amazon, you have a masters, you’re a HR manager, you fight MMA, you weight train, you are sexually diversified, you are on the spectrum, you are Italian and you have very robust genitalia. I miss anything? 

He still voting for deputy barry mcCock?

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

I've modded a lot of absolute disasters...but there are some gems in my past I'm really proud of. Scouring of the Shire on DM was great and I think one of my very first games here, Dodgeball, was really fun (imo). Let's all hope this is another rare gem lol.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

on pac - doesn't he always do this when he doesn't have a PR too? not that i care if he gets lynched. seems to make it safe either way.

no idea what your land of the lost comment means. never saw or read it.

Trying to read Pac day one of mafia is like trying to listen to music with ear muffs. The music is on but you have no idea what the song is. Yet, I’ve notice his typical Bravado is somewhat subdued, I honestly can’t remember if that’s a Town or Scum tell for him. Don’t really care,” put him at L-1 and stand beck and let me do what I do!” 

Votecount
Jif - Pac, Barry, jgb (3)
Pac - Ape, Smash (2)
80 - jvill, jif (2)
Arsis - Stark, Beaver (2)
jgb - lurker, greenseed (2)
Greenseed - 80, crusher (2)
barry - Arsis (1)

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
DEADLINE: Saturday 8AM EST

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You work for Amazon, you have a masters, you’re a HR manager, you fight MMA, you weight train, you are sexually diversified, you are on the spectrum, you are Italian and you have very robust genitalia. I miss anything? 

I'm gay for you

• Post of the Week 1